V24 initial observations

Two quick suggestions:

1. Make Surveyor's Office obsolete - at Civil Engineering (allows construction firm) or later.
2. Make Stoneworker's hut obsolete - at Megastructure Engineering (or ealier even if you like)

later next ideas : )

Two quick suggestions:

1. Make Surveyor's Office obsolete - at Civil Engineering (allows construction firm) or later.
2. Make Stoneworker's hut obsolete - at Megastructure Engineering (or ealier even if you like)

later next ideas : )

Obsoleting is not as good as upgrading, so have Surveyor's Office upgrade to Construction Firm is better. That way you don't loose production. Not sure what Stoneworker's hut should upgrade to.

Obsoleting is not as good as upgrading, so have Surveyor's Office upgrade to Construction Firm is better. That way you don't loose production. Not sure what Stoneworker's hut should upgrade to.

On of the problems of upgrading is it usually has to be as good or better than the building that came before. Which means we would need something even more powerful than a Stoneworker's Hut!! :eek:

Good point, but reason why I suggested it, is to make building list shorter at later game, when I hardly like to build those things when I can just place mega factories at same turn which work better.

So, maybe make it upgrade and obsolete at latter tech. Works the same, but makes game more "clean".

Your thought make me also think about why teleportation makes so many things obsolete and just allow at now only one building as replace but it is not perfect replace too.

It would work better if it would allow you research one or few more advances to have time to upgrade in all cities those skyroad control centers to teleport boots.

Obsoleting while also replacing is tricky. If you have the obsolete too soon from the tech that replaces then people complain they did not have time for it to be replaced. Likewise if nothing goes obsolete then there will be tons more buildings than there need to be since they upgrade each other. Getting the balance is one of the biggest modding challenges for building modders. And even if you make one group happy another will still say there is something wrong. (ex the Housing buildings have bend tweaked more than any other building group to find a balance)

Very good line of upgrade PsiCorps.

Is anyone making new corporations? I would really like to see one which use OIL, as well as one which would make use of extra HEMPS I would plant using my great farmers : )

Alright, I've made it to the classical era. The volcanoes have quieted down after more events becoming possible. I have 2 main concerns:

a) I feel like I'm making too much money. On monarch, I'm been making more than 200 per turn since I can remember (at least through all of ancient era), and now at the classical era I'm almost getting to 400 per turn!

b) Maybe it's the map I chose (PerfectWorld2f), or the way I decided to play (destroy everybody in my continent as soon as I could [it was Mussolini, we started as minors, so he was a constant nuissance :lol:]), but, and I hate to say it, the game's being quite boring because of one reason and one reason only: it's taking me sooo long to get ocean-faring ships. I'm at 800 research per turn, and it's still so far away :(

I know that the game will turn into awesomeness once I get there, but currently, stuck alone in my continent, the most exciting thing that's been happening for the last 30 turns is watching my workers slowly upgrade my roads.

I would really like to see one which use OIL, as well as one which would make use of extra HEMPS I would plant using my great farmers : )

The Excel database of the mod I'm working on would've given you an immediate answer...however I haven't gotten to corporations, only units so far ;)

Game play only. In theory it helps the AI keep up. However some people reckon it is not needed any more.

i would say it slows down ai.. because ai will still expand, and get huge minus happiness, unless they get huge bonus happiness on deity

@jmmendesp,

What game speed? If you're playing Snail or slower this slowdown period can be very pronounced, Another reason I stick with Epic. Just a personal viewpoint about this.

JosEPh

Just wanted to note that koshling's fix for the ai's use of hunter line units does seem to have succeeded. However, instead of getting 2-4 captures per turn as I was a couple weeks ago, I'm now at point (coming up on Atl-Atl making so I haven't gotten past trackers) where if I'm lucky, I get 2-4 fights involving my trackers. Thinning out the animals through the ai's use of trackers has done wonders for my units' longevity, but the shortage of captures may be a problem. At least depending on how widespread the animal buildings were intended to be.

i would say it slows down ai.. because ai will still expand, and get huge minus happiness, unless they get huge bonus happiness on deity

If you have Rev on AI expansion beyond what the civics set just means that the nation will split due to revolutions. Which means you have yet another poor nation that can't keep up. The AI seems to understand and manage the unhappiness due to civics and stops expanding until it can get new civics. Which means that it puts the effort it would have put into building settlers into something else.

Just wanted to note that koshling's fix for the ai's use of hunter line units does seem to have succeeded. However, instead of getting 2-4 captures per turn as I was a couple weeks ago, I'm now at point (coming up on Atl-Atl making so I haven't gotten past trackers) where if I'm lucky, I get 2-4 fights involving my trackers. Thinning out the animals through the ai's use of trackers has done wonders for my units' longevity, but the shortage of captures may be a problem. At least depending on how widespread the animal buildings were intended to be.

That's as it should be - recent non-exploitation of the animals by the AI has gotten you used to having too easy a time of hunting - your supposed to have to work for the animal buildings, rather than expect to get them all in all your cities (all the geneticist ones at least).

Is your observation in a new game started since the fix? If so is the AI keeping up any better now it's hunting more effectively?

I'm going to say yes, as I feel I need to keep an eye on what it's researching again. I'm still picking up techs faster (flexible difficulty has me on deity now), but that's probably because I was pretty obsessive about keeping five trackers out all the time as soon as I could, so I got most of the +:science: buildings while there were plenty of animals.

Edit After founding my third city, I checked and several of the ai had 2, so they at least hit Tribalism shortly after I did. Animal combat rates seemed to go way up after I built hunters, but I kind of expected that with twice as many units on food duty.

The money problem is solved so far in current patch. I was getting +300 when I had 10 cities, but after I got extra 2 the surplus dropped to +110. Extra two or three cities, I think, will throw my budget in the red zone.

Top Bottom