V37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed a small bug when I built the Great Wall wonder it didn't show up around my nation's border. I hope Sparth's Civ pack isn't the reason for this.

You should report this with a screen shot and save game in the Bug and crash thread for v37. And give details about your game set up too.

JosEPh

I noticed a small bug when I built the Great Wall wonder it didn't show up around my nation's border. I hope Sparth's Civ pack isn't the reason for this.
No. It's been permanently disabled as it creates a crash that's far more complex than my ability to resolve.

Speaking of property control, I notivced a stack of 22+ Enforcers in my opponents pop4 city.

Just to be clear, I don't want to complain here, I just post observations I made :)
Is that his capital?

You should report this with a screen shot and save game in the Bug and crash thread for v37. And give details about your game set up too.

JosEPh
Ok Joe Uploaded the requested info in the correct Thread, sorry about that XD.

No. It's been permanently disabled as it creates a crash that's far more complex than my ability to resolve.

Ah ok bummer kinda liked seeing that huge brown caterpillar stretching across the borders of my Kingdom. Oh well Thanks for filling me in!

No, a remote outpost. It's at 15 Enforcers now with less than -1000 crime.

It's on the version before Joe reverted the crime levels, but after your last commit.
Alright. Yeah, I'm working on that issue right now in the AI.

Awesome! Can't wait for it!

Mooooaar Feedback:

- I haven't figured out yet when I can see criminals in my city. I have a Watchdog with Promotions and Buildup towards Camoflage Vis, and a Town Watchman with Promotions and buildup against Disguise. I'm just before classic right now, so it might be too early for political invis (in my cities are rogues and thieves). I see 2 of them in my city, then a few turns later my investigators found one, but none is visible anymore. A few turns later they reappear. Sometimes they are visible all the time. What is causing these fluctuations? (oh and I take back what I said about investigation chance, it's fine as it is).

- Settling a new region is AWESOME. With 1 tile culture, animals everywhere that leave my workers alone, it really feels like grabbing new land. Very cool!

- I tried to Ambush an animal with a group consisting of a Settler and an Archer. I assumed the Archer would perform the ambush. But it was the Settler - it died. :p

- Where can I find what I need to settle Peat Bog or Mangroves? I thought Mangroves was Ironworking, but it still isn't working.

- I haven't figured out yet when I can see criminals in my city. I have a Watchdog with Promotions and Buildup towards Camoflage Vis, and a Town Watchman with Promotions and buildup against Disguise. I'm just before classic right now, so it might be too early for political invis (in my cities are rogues and thieves). I see 2 of them in my city, then a few turns later my investigators found one, but none is visible anymore. A few turns later they reappear. Sometimes they are visible all the time. What is causing these fluctuations? (oh and I take back what I said about investigation chance, it's fine as it is).
When Wanted, the criminals lose 1 rank in each invisibility type. Furthermore, they may be choosing to build up an invisibility. That could lead to fluctuations. Disguise is the toughest to beat them on when they are inside the city as a city enhances disguise invis for units that have it (harder to pick them out of a crowd.) Sometimes it can take a couple of times being investigated to see them. They may also be changing their build-up when investigated. Barb criminals won't try to get out of the city (it's their home after all.)

- I tried to Ambush an animal with a group consisting of a Settler and an Archer. I assumed the Archer would perform the ambush. But it was the Settler - it died.
Really? That's odd. I'll have to make sure that the ambush command demands that the unit be capable of attack. It probably does in most places but when grouped it may have a workaround. Very odd it would pick the settler as a best attacker even if it was allowed. I guess it likes 0 odds better than ANY amount above that due to the assumption by the original coder that 0 would be near on impossible. Yeah... that's an indication of a few issues to solve.

- Where can I find what I need to settle Peat Bog or Mangroves? I thought Mangroves was Ironworking, but it still isn't working.
I'm still not sure myself. Can't recall off hand. Mangroves may be Ironworking but the swamp under the mangroves may take something more.

When Wanted, the criminals lose 1 rank in each invisibility type. Furthermore, they may be choosing to build up an invisibility. That could lead to fluctuations. Disguise is the toughest to beat them on when they are inside the city as a city enhances disguise invis for units that have it (harder to pick them out of a crowd.) Sometimes it can take a couple of times being investigated to see them. They may also be changing their build-up when investigated. Barb criminals won't try to get out of the city (it's their home after all.)

Ah that explains a lot, thanks! So the best strategy here is to leave it as it is and wait... I'd still like to see certain buildings increase Disguise visability of units (as a Promotion that is aquired when entering the city maybe and is lost when leaving). Not very encouraging when you can't see a criminal, even if you tried your best (maxed Promotions and build ups).

I'm still not sure myself. Can't recall off hand. Mangroves may be Ironworking but the swamp under the mangroves may take something more

I think Peat Bog was Cannal Systems, so maybe the Swamp needs it as well? Should be there during my next sessions. Would still be nice if it appeared in the Pedia on the Feature at which tech you are able to remove / settle it.

Ah that explains a lot, thanks! So the best strategy here is to leave it as it is and wait... I'd still like to see certain buildings increase Disguise visability of units (as a Promotion that is aquired when entering the city maybe and is lost when leaving). Not very encouraging when you can't see a criminal, even if you tried your best (maxed Promotions and build ups).
Sure. But at least I'm letting you know that they are there in the Defensive Help hover, whether you can see them or not. That way you know if you're going crazy or not. And it gives the player a little leeway when using criminals to bother other cities. Once they get wanted, they can possibly get out still. And if they ARE building up to hide deeper, then they aren't being as criminally active as they could otherwise be.

I think Peat Bog was Cannal Systems, so maybe the Swamp needs it as well? Should be there during my next sessions. Would still be nice if it appeared in the Pedia on the Feature at which tech you are able to remove / settle it.
Maybe. I'd really have to look at the xml to verify that. Put this in the bugs and crashes so that I will take a look at it when I catch a moment to catch up on any bugs.

How hard would it be to change the prereq from religious buildings from "Requires State Religion in the city" to "Requires you to have XY as state religion and in this city." Or maybe split it to "Requires you to have XY as state religion." "Requires XY in this city."?

How hard would it be to change the prereq from religious buildings from "Requires State Religion in the city" to "Requires you to have XY as state religion and in this city." Or maybe split it to "Requires you to have XY as state religion." "Requires XY in this city."?
Currently there are three options with religious buildings
  1. requires a specified religion in the city, tag ReligionType
  2. requires the specified state religion in the city, tag StateReligion
  3. requires the nation to have a state religion but that religion does not need to be in the city, tag bStateReligion
  4. this is a holy city (for religion X?)
What you asked for is number 2 and 3. I.E.

"Requires you to have XY as state religion and in this city." ?

StateReligion = XY and bStateReligion = 1​

How you doin' DH? Feeling better I hope?

JosEPh :)

I understand the grumpy part, as for the weather; it's 5*F right now in W. Illinois and wind chill feels like -10*F which is an improvement over last night! :p And we saw the sun today too! :)

JosEPh

Going into hospital next week, in theory. To finish op started last month ;). It is hot and I am grumpy plus my internet is very very slow.
Yep. I find that my internet speed is in direct inverse proportion to my mood most of the time. Doesn't help. Glad you're getting it done soon though.
Joe said:
I understand the grumpy part, as for the weather; it's 5*F right now in W. Illinois and wind chill feels like -10*F which is an improvement over last night! :p And we saw the sun today too!
See THAT's the kind of weather that makes ME grumpy! Cold pisses me off!

Currently there are three options with religious buildings
  1. requires a specified religion in the city, tag ReligionType
  2. requires the specified state religion in the city, tag StateReligion
  3. requires the nation to have a state religion but that religion does not need to be in the city, tag bStateReligion
  4. this is a holy city (for religion X?)
What you asked for is number 2 and 3. I.E.

I was asking purely for the display part. When hovering over a building, it says "requires state religion", but it doesn't specify WHAT state religion if it needs one.
It might make things easier if for example the crusade said "Requires Christianity as state religion in this city", so you know which religion to have without looking it up in the pedia.

And all the best for your OP! Hope you get better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom