v88 released

I was able to make peace with native americans and pirates. -> somehow i was never able to do that. Do you get the option by clicking on the city, or do you get a popup, or something else?
In my experience you can make peace with them when they offer the quest of gifting units. This only happens upon first contact. When this is the case you can make peace in any circumstance: clicking on the city, popup, ...
I provided savegames in my Germany writeup when I could make peace with the Vikings.

I could not reproduce about ideology.
When I start as US they are not available yet.
Also I tried to change the settings for trigger (3 factories or entering the Modern era) but could not find them either! I suspect they may have been hardcoded into the dll.

@Rhye Can I ask why you decided to change the tech cost penalty from 5% per city to 16% per city?
* In the vanilla game, people seem to think 5% is already high.
* The AIs seem not to expand enough.
* I feel discouraged from trying a Domination game or other games involving expansion.

Can anyone confirm whether Diplomatic Victory is possible? (in v88.) I've played games where the World Congress has had sessions, and with some civs in the Contemporary era, but I don't know how to ascertain whether the World Leader vote will ever come up, other than by playing more turns and waiting.

@Rhye Can I ask why you decided to change the tech cost penalty from 5% per city to 16% per city?
* In the vanilla game, people seem to think 5% is already high.
* The AIs seem not to expand enough.
* I feel discouraged from trying a Domination game or other games involving expansion.

well, exactly for discouraging it.
It's easy for a big empire to snowball and become unbeatable. Victory should be achieved through roleplay anyway

Hey @Rhye where can I download this at? I'd like to try it myself.

I had a game with France where both Portugal and the Netherlands spawned but didn´t found Lisbon nor Amsterdam - savegame attached. As for Portugal this was a single-event it happened several times with the Dutch until I didn´t found Reims but Metz directly on the marble to secure the iron in the region. Then the Dutch founded Amsterdam regularly.

Attachments

• Napoleon_0345 AD-1182.Civ5Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
you can make peace with them when they offer the quest of gifting units. This only happens upon first contact. When this is the case you can make peace in any circumstance: clicking on the city, popup, ...
I've seen this too.

Top Bottom