Vassals

What would be the consequences of pissing them off? The fact that they hate me etc.

I was thinking that an unhappy vassal would "rise up in revolution" if you refuse their revocation of the vassalage. You might be thinking "they're so weak why does it matter", however I was thinking of giving them a great general and three military units of the master's technology level per city they own. This would give you some sort of obligation to keep them happy but if you want to abuse them, you should be able to. So I'm not sure. I really want ideas about how to interact with vassals. This is the whole point of the thread. :lol:

First of all

Do they provide a meaningful benefit to your experience? YES!!!

i Cant play without your mod!

and i really like your Tax idea!! then you can have use of them or help them!
so that would be a nice thing!!

another thing is resources.. if i dont remember wrong, long time ago you
got all resources from the vassal i think? (maybe i have wrong but i think so)
and i dont know if it is like that now?

if not, that would be good thing or at least some % of what they have in resources.

they shouldnt have it easy at all to refuse to give you something you demand!

And in world congress it should be the same, they should vote for your proposals or at least some % of their votes!

and a last thing that i think of, if it could be possible to build airbases (airbase mod)
in their territory?? i mean you Americans have airbases all over the world!!!
it would be really nice to be able to do!

this is what i think and i wish i was as smart as you Developer guys so i could write mods like this ;)

Vassals can currently demand independence and go to war if you don't grant it. If they lose that war do they remain a vassal state?

If not, it would be good to make it so they do.

Do Vassals not vote for your resolutions in the World Congress? If not, then that is definitely something I want to implement.

As for maintaining vassals after a war, I think it's fair to renegotiate capitulation. You should always have the option.

How does a vassal hating you causing some unhappiness in the Master empire sound as a mechanic?

Vassals won't automatically vote for you, though they usually will. You can also trade for their votes at any time as if you had a max level Spy acting as a Diplomat.

Okay. Vassals should not be eligible for hosting the World Congress. They will always vote for their master with all of their delegates (this has to be reflected in the UI, ugh). They don't have to vote for their master's proposition, but they will be more likely to.

Does that sound fair?

Okay. Vassals should not be eligible for hosting the World Congress. They will always vote for their master with all of their delegates (this has to be reflected in the UI, ugh). They don't have to vote for their master's proposition, but they will be more likely to.

Does that sound fair?

:goodjob: absolutely!

Does that sound fair?

As long as the auto-diplomat and vote buying doesn't change. Sometimes my proposal will obviously pass, but I need their support voting down an enemy AIs proposal.

Oh, and are Vassals guaranteed to back down when you warn them to stop settling near them, stop spying on them, stop evangelizing etc?

As long as the auto-diplomat and vote buying doesn't change. Sometimes my proposal will obviously pass, but I need their support voting down an enemy AIs proposal.

Oh, and are Vassals guaranteed to back down when you warn them to stop settling near them, stop spying on them, stop evangelizing etc?

I won't change that, but I don't know if you get an automatic diplomat when you vassal (I need to play with the current implementation first). What I'd like to do is make a vassal not target their master's cities for such activity in the first place. They'd pick new targets from players of other cities.

Understand that the stuff I say in this thread is for discussion purposes. I do not have anything set in stone just yet (need my dev environment setup first).

By the way, did the vote-buying with Vassals ever get fixed? You can buy their votes without a diplomat in their city but since the actual votes bought was based of the diplomat level, you ended up paying for 0 votes, which was kinda silly.

Could you lessen the delay that someone can become a Vasal again after they stop being one? It's set to an insanely high number currently.

By the way, did the vote-buying with Vassals ever get fixed? You can buy their votes without a diplomat in their city but since the actual votes bought was based of the diplomat level, you ended up paying for 0 votes, which was kinda silly.

I don't know. Gazebo can answer that, he has worked with this mod for a while while I haven't looked at it for three years.

In my last game on 1/29 I could buy 4 votes out of 10.

I quite like the idea of taxation to vassals, a little more interaction feels immersive. My problem is that I can't seem to get civs to accept vassalage, I tend to play peaceful and tend to be way more powerful and ahead than them so it feels odd to be told no even when given alot of nice bonuses and trade items.

I quite like the idea of taxation to vassals, a little more interaction feels immersive. My problem is that I can't seem to get civs to accept vassalage, I tend to play peaceful and tend to be way more powerful and ahead than them so it feels odd to be told no even when given alot of nice bonuses and trade items.

Well, how hard are we talking? Becoming a vassal is basically forfeiting your right to winning the game. You should only really use it for protection purposes, so the AI should naturally not want to unless it's absolutely necessary. If it's made too easy, then it'd be very easy to make every AI a vassal.

In what ways do you think it's too easy?

That's a fair point, but when you're 2-3 eras ahead, possess at least 10x the amount of cities they have, have a military that with a few units can curbstomp the entirety of their empire (And one has far more than just that to use.), and have been nothing but helpful it just feels odd.

At that point it feels like 'C'mon man, I'm going to win the game. I'm being nice here.'.

I'm not sure if this is part of the vassalage concept or not, first time it has ever occurred for me.
Morocco went war against me and I felt like removing them permanently and now that my armies/navies are about to decimate their last city they sued for peace with an offer of:
Capitulation

Now I know what the term means, but not what it means in this game. No pedia entry that I could find.
What does it mean for the vanquished and the victor in CBP?

Top Bottom