Version 0.83 discussion thread

Technomancer's crashed beautifully; thanks dood :). I have traced the problem to three small blocks of code in CvTeamAI.cpp that have to do with the new HumanAsVassal option.
I am not inherently familiar with this part of the SDK and thus do not yet know exactly what the specific problem with what he did is, so I would stay away from using the HumanAsVassal option
So does simply disabling the HumanAsVassal Option in GlobalDefinesAlt fix the problem, or is a new dll need in addition to that?

So does simply disabling the HumanAsVassal Option in GlobalDefinesAlt fix the problem, or is a new dll need in addition to that?

HumanAsVassal was Off in Technomancer's save, and it still crashed very consistently. You need a fixed DLL. If it were as simple as changing a game option I would've said a lot less, and not provided the files for download that I did. :)

HumanAsVassal was Off in Technomancer's save, and it still crashed very consistently. You need a fixed DLL. If it were as simple as changing a game option I would've said a lot less, and not provided the files for download that I did. :)
Just wanted to make sure. What you said before was
Technomancer has Vassal States set to Off in the game options in this save, which could easily be part of the problem.
and I believed you meant the custom game option "No Vassal States" (which might actually prevent that crash, now that I think about it), as opposed to the XML entry BBAI_HUMAN_AS_VASSAL_OPTION.

Thank you for the fix.

and I believed you meant the custom game option "No Vassal States" (which might actually prevent that crash, now that I think about it), as opposed to the XML entry BBAI_HUMAN_AS_VASSAL_OPTION.

I did mean "No Vassal States". I was suggesting that that being off might have caused a problem with the new "Human As Vassal" code, regardless of whether HumanAsVassal was on or not (it happened to also be off in Technomancer's game, but I don't think that matters). There are also some other possible causes of the problem that have nothing to do with the value of either setting, since JDog's code is mixed into standard diplomacy stuff.

Nevermind then, it's not like I am familiar with that part of the code. The whole capitulation/vassalizing stuff is a feature I find unnecessary anyway which reduces the chances I'll ever take my time to read and understand that part even further :p
Anyway, thx a lot for the fix. My merge with BULL is now compiled too, finally.

I'm back from my trips, will be working to get a fix for 0.83 issues up soon. Thanks to LM and others for fixes and clues on where to look, issues with vassal settings and the new human as vassal option sounds like a likely culprit.

Hopefully a fixed version 0.84 will be up in a few days ...

Found the bug and fixed it ... some new logic for when to accept surrenders could enter an infinite recursion under certain rare circumstances (and those circumstances would be reset if loading a world builder save so the problem wouldn't port from other mods).

New version will be up soon.

Top Bottom