Version 2.7 bug reports and feedback

how do you allow infinite world wonder in a city?
nvm found it

Hi, This is my first post on the site. I loaded the mod and everything looked good when I loaded it up. I selected single player, and then went for a quick duel sized game. When I was finished and went to launch the game, the startup screen with the spinning earth froze, but the music continued for 2-3 minutes, then the program crashed. I have BTS 3.19 installed. I saw a similar issue for the 3.17 version mentioned in the FAQ... help! I attached the zip file of the log, hopefully I did that right.

Attachments

• sorotan log files.zip
    609.6 KB · Views: 67
Hi, This is my first post on the site. I loaded the mod and everything looked good when I loaded it up. I selected single player, and then went for a quick duel sized game. When I was finished and went to launch the game, the startup screen with the spinning earth froze, but the music continued for 2-3 minutes, then the program crashed. I have BTS 3.19 installed. I saw a similar issue for the 3.17 version mentioned in the FAQ... help! I attached the zip file of the log, hopefully I did that right.

haha three days later and not a single person has a clue. me, no idea...

You could try switching off any background programs you don't need just in case. I had a problem with 'Creative x-fi volume control' making lots of mods not work properly for some reason.

OK, I have a little more info on my troubles... I get a message that says, "CvLSystemLoadError: LSystem XML subsystem failed to load. This is probably due to a schema error." anyone want to through a bone to the newbie?

OK, I have a little more info on my troubles... I get a message that says, "CvLSystemLoadError: LSystem XML subsystem failed to load. This is probably due to a schema error." anyone want to through a bone to the newbie?

i just have the feeling either two things are happening, 1) RoM is being installed in the wrong location or 2) you are not using version 3.19 BTS and the 2.71 patch? will think harder on this... :confused:

Someone may have already mentioned this one, but I'd like to point out a bug with DCM battle effects that crashes the game whenever a battle effect needs to occur on Fallout.

It's rather annoying as it completely ruins an otherwise good module. I suspect it has something to do with adding Feature_Battle8 (the fallout battle) and using Battle7 for the new Feature Swamp.

The graft was done pretty sloppily judging from the XML file, so I suspect there's a broken pointer somewhere.

I've tried clicking the button and pushing F1, but I'm unable to access the Domestic Advisor. Same thing occurs whenever I turned on the Revolution mod.

I have a tag error in the options civic ==>
I have 2.71 version. How to fixed?

I belive these have been fixed for 2.8. The text should be in the RoM_GameText_Civics.xml file in the Assets\XML\Text folder.

I just checked the 2.8beta code there is no TXT_KEY_CIVIC_DEMOCRACY_HELP tag in there but I am not getting the error in 2.8beta:confused:

I belive these have been fixed for 2.8. The text should be in the RoM_GameText_Civics.xml file in the Assets\XML\Text folder.

I just checked the 2.8beta code there is no TXT_KEY_CIVIC_DEMOCRACY_HELP tag in there but I am not getting the error in 2.8beta:confused:

HELP txt key's reference some kind of python change, so Zappara removed the one's for civics that had no python changes.

The TXT_KEY_DEMOCRACY_HELP is an artifact from when Democracy's Civic Building was the Agora (moved to Republic). When I was working on Modular Civics Buildings, there where lots of unnecessary civics lines (i.e. 2.4 civics and earlier.) in the Game Text XML files.

Zappara,

Found another bug for you. When updating XP Pro SP2 to XP Pro SP3, it corrupted (or did something to) all of the 2.71 saved games. When attempting to load a 2.71 saved game, a runtime error is given and the game crashes to the desktop. Hopefully, you will be able to address this issue in your next release version. Thanks...

some 2.71 observations (not worthy of the 2.8>2.9 thread)

1. using advanced eras like modern or even classic era, in multiplayer, we notice that the religions get dumped almost exclusively to the human team. in our case a team of either 2 or 3 human players gets almost 90% of the religions founded within our borders exclusively. i noticed that playing solo all the AI players founded their original religions...

2. this has existed all along: when a ship is highlighted and you PING the action of pinging is the equivalent of unselecting the ship and the ship then goes into sentry... odd.

3. just a thought, Hellenism has contradictory symbols of a lightning bolt and a circle symbol... in the tech tree its a lightning bolt but on cities it is a circle symbol...

4. did you ever notice that in advanced start even if you dont have some of the resources such as stone you can still build paved roads?

5. i wish that i could option from within the CTRL-ALT-O menu a drop down of color changes. for example in a solo game my neighbor shares the pale white color. and no civ is that basic red color. so i would love the option of changing my color to red... this happens sometimes when i see three yellow civs next to each other... i wish i had the option of manipulating civ colors.

6. is there a way to turn off the notice that a civ adopts a certain civic change? i am often annoyed by the listing that "Bismark adopts Slavery" "Bismark adopts Monarchy" and the list goes on and on and on... i know when i end turn it abbreviates but i still have no reason to be bothered with this listing, is this option-able?

7. cant wait for 2.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! these are just some played-4-hours observations and nothing is game ending or game stopping... just thoughts, like the colors, it would be really nice to get that option, i feel this may all be RevDCM stuff but i throw it out on the 2.71 thread anyway.

cant wait to play the mod but when I start it this happens:
(BTS V3,19 ; RoMK V2.71)

so there are no menu points...

Oh, I've got 2 very strange problem!:mad:

-When I load the mod, the main menu is the Warlord's main menu, and the text: "Civilization 4 Rise of Mankind" doesn't shown up!:(

This is the smallest problem of all!:(

-When I try to start a new game, a lot of civs and LHs shown up (in another computer, RoM is run nicely, but the strange is that in the very more civ is that, in the other computer, there are fewer civs cca. 25 [or a little more:(])
Those civs aren't work (all civ, the old ones too), and Rise of Mankind find a crash!

What can I do?

Please help!

new to using mods for CIV. Just loaded ROM 2.71 and everything works fine until i attempt to open tech tree. Game then crashes to desktop. Using BTS 3.19 without problems. Any Ideas?

Top Bottom