Version 2.7 bug reports and feedback

Which vincentz mods? I tried to load the save, but something is missing (or to many).
I have installed the secret agents/warlords II/silent hunter/industry/junglecamp/jooyo's coredll 1.10 and just added the castles.

All of the ones you listed, and Sea Harvest!

Which I dearly hope you expand and make into one your signature mods shortly :p

Edit - oh, and Higher Maintenance [Modular subversion, link in thread]

One glitch i have noticed is that when my cities are unhappy they don't have the unhappy red face but the :health: and when the city is unhealthy there is no :yuck:. Also the Great people face seems to be present on all cities. Screen shots below.

the great people icon has replaced the unhealthines icon, alike the health replacing unhappiness. i think.

Edit: no thats wrong, just checked and the great people icon was in cities without unhealthiness.

What does it take to get some attention around here? Could anyone please explain to me how to get the Blue Marble to work? I'm quite sure this is a very common issue and there should be a standard solution for it!

What does it take to get some attention around here? Could anyone please explain to me how to get the Blue Marble to work? I'm quite sure this is a very common issue and there should be a standard solution for it!

Sorry, I can't help - I don't use Blue Marble because it makes me ill. So I stick with what comes with the mod.

Edit: since no one else has answered it probably means that they aren't using blue marble either which means there probably is not a standard solution.

@vincentz
Your fix worked a treat, only having problems with CtD's now :lol:

Cant help you there ;) I have yet to have a single CtD in 2.7 (2.7test2 incl)

But I did get this Kodak Moment :

Not long ago, a panda baby was born here in Thailand. That resulted in a Panda "fever" where people whould even start to paint their elephants like pandas. Maybe the above picture has a simular story with a polar bear, but with a brown or black bear being painted ;)

I really wish that blue marble guy would just let you download the files without the .exe app like he did once. And I know for a fact he once did this on personal request because the .exe wasn't working for somebody. But for some reason I can't find them and I don't care for playing civ librarian. So I decided to just upload my blue marble textures so you can download them. If there's a thread that already has the answer, I don't care.

Download the file and follow these instructions.

1. Go to My computer, and go into your :C drive. Then go into program files in the list and look for Civilization IV. If you're using steam, after going into program files, go to steam, then steamaps, common, and then civ: beyond the sword. Either way, the point is to get to beyond the sword.

2. In it, click on mods then click on rise of mankind.

3. then, go to assets. Then art.

4. Create an improvements folder here and name it Improvements. Open up improvementsQVN.rar and drag the farm folder inside it into the improvement folder in the art file. This will put a farm that looks nicer with blue marble. If you don't like it, delete the improvements folder.

5. then, open the terrain folder.

6. You'll notice a water folder. Open it and replace the water file there with the water file in the waterqvn.rar inside my upload.

7. Finally, open the texture folders. And then open the textures file in the texturesQVN.rar file. Drag the files in the rar into the terrain folder of the mod. Press replace all.

8. You're done.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12675

If you have any questions, just ask. The file you need is in the link. But seriously, sometimes the best thing to do is just try and understand it yourself. Or at the very least, posting in the right thread. lol.

Thank you very much for the file! :) I'm downloading it right now and will put it in action right away! :)

I do wonder however - which would have been the right thread? Surely this is an issue with RoM, no? I mean, it works for the main "mod" (Civ4 BtS without a mod loaded), and even previous versions of the RoM (with the modifications to the .INI file that I said previously). And Blue Marble isn't a mod, it's a global upgrade to the whole Civ4 system, right?

I just had the random event happen with city ruins in my borders giving scientific progress to my research project

"Scouts exploring ruins near Alivia have discovered a cache of knowledge.
-Send commendations to the leaders of the exploring party. (+550 [research] towards Architecture)
-Fund additional exploratory efforts. (Subtract 183 [gold] from your treasury. +550 [research] towards Architecture)

It's showing up as the same values of research whether I pay the extra or not.

Thank you very much for the file! :) I'm downloading it right now and will put it in action right away! :)

I do wonder however - which would have been the right thread? Surely this is an issue with RoM, no? I mean, it works for the main "mod" (Civ4 BtS without a mod loaded), and even previous versions of the RoM (with the modifications to the .INI file that I said previously). And Blue Marble isn't a mod, it's a global upgrade to the whole Civ4 system, right?

eh. I'll admit I'm not concerned enough to argue about what's what on an internet thread.. but I am glad everything worked out for you. Speaking of which, I came across a graphics pack that looks.. well, better than BlueMarble. Check this one out. I'm definitely switching myself (psst, if you're doing so remember to only transfer the textures, water, and the features folder into the mod's art).

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=293656

peace,

I just had the random event happen with city ruins in my borders giving scientific progress to my research project

"Scouts exploring ruins near Alivia have discovered a cache of knowledge.
-Send commendations to the leaders of the exploring party. (+550 [research] towards Architecture)
-Fund additional exploratory efforts. (Subtract 183 [gold] from your treasury. +550 [research] towards Architecture)

It's showing up as the same values of research whether I pay the extra or not.

Many of the random events are bugged ever since RevDCM merged with WOC. It isn't Zappara's fault, he just has to wait until they sort it out. We might want to advise people to turn off random events until this can be patched.

I miss the blue frame around units in a stack that can be promoted.

Sorry, I'm not trying to argue here. Also - thank you for pointing out the other graphics set. I'll try that out too. :)

Obviously I really don't know much about the Civ system, because I've never had to learn it - I'm not a mod developer, just the next-guy who likes RoM. :) It's pretty complicated for an end-user too. Wish there were some manuals for all this or something. :p

OK, but I'll try to learn from this forum thread. :) So you say BM is a mod after all? So how come you don't need to load it with the "Load a Mod" button?

i don't know if this counts as a bug, but all the scenario's do not have the new recources included in 2.7. would this be easy to do? because if so i can give it a go if you would like. i have wanted to make some changes to GEM in ROM as Rome and Maya dont even start with settlers and the ottomans start in central asia.

i don't know if this counts as a bug, but all the scenario's do not have the new recources included in 2.7. would this be easy to do? because if so i can give it a go if you would like. i have wanted to make some changes to GEM in ROM as Rome and Maya dont even start with settlers and the ottomans start in central asia.

I'm actually working on this right now.

Teutonic Chapter House is not National Wonder currently because of this:

In Teutonic_CIV4BuildingClassInfos.xml,
Code:
<iMaxPlayerInstances>-1</iMaxPlayerInstances>

Templar Chapter House & St. John's Chapter House are National Wonder because of this:

In Templar_Civ4BuildingClassInfos.xml and Hospitaller_CIV4BuildingClassInfos.xml,
Code:
<iMaxPlayerInstances>3</iMaxPlayerInstances>

Is it intentional?

zappara,

I can't see that this has been mentioned before but there appears to be nothing to prevent players buiding more than 1 Brewey in their Civ. I had not realised that the Brewery was a National Wonder and built it in 2 different cites ( finishing at different times ) and no warning appeared stating that only 1 Brewery was allowed per Civ. Should these wonders have something in place to prevent multiple builds?

Davidr

Top Bottom