Version 2.7 bug reports and feedback

A small problem i have encountered with the Templar chapter house is that even when i have built 3 of them i can still build another, i think this may have the same set up as the Brewery national wonder. I recall you saying in another post that you could keep on building in different cities but you would still only ever have 3 of them at one time. As i don't keep track of everything i build in my cities if i see the icon for me to build it i will build it again, even though the cities i've already built it in are where i wanted them built in the first place. I know i should remember that i've already built them. Is there going to be a fix, at least for the Templar chapter house?

Sorry about not answering for couple days: We got the best weather of the year here (30 celsius degrees and sunshine) so I've been enjoying swimming and sauna. I've taken the liberty to have some freetime from RoM modding
@zappara
Everybody deserves a Vacation! Have Fun! Go meet a girl (if your single :) ) or if you're married get some quality personal time in. :D

We can wait.

JosEPh :)

I'd assumed the religion icon glitch was only graphic but after discovering Aesthetics first, I was unable to build Parthenon. On the tech tree the qualifier notes that I need my state religion, Hindu, must be present but the sevopedia states that Hellenism is a req? Does that mean I must have state religion of Hellenism or just have Hell in the city, or just have Sculpture tech or none of the above?

second thumb shows more missing links?

Uninstalled BtS, reinstalled, patched to 3.19, installed 2.7...no more issues

guess I should have tried that first.

I did make some changes to those eras units and yes I did read about the -80% defense idea but didn't implement that yet because of there was already so many changes that I wanted to see how the balance is with current changes.

It has actually nothing to do with this idea. This is more about setting strengths and attributes that both better render the historical characteristics, keep specificities between units, and prevent a unit from being an overkill and/or complety useless.

The few changes I did for now:

Crossbowmen strength reduced to 8 :strength:
Light swordsmen back to 6 :strength:, city attack bonus increased to 15%, cost down from 60 to 50
Elephant rider 7 :strength:, bonus vs cities removed, cost increased to 70
War elephant back to 11 :strength:, cost increased to 100
Swordsmen reduced at 9 :strength:, cost decreased to 80
Arquebusier : all bonuses removed but 50% vs animals, and 25% vs melee (still needs to be worked out as in early Renaissance, there were actually squads of armoured swordmen that were used to engage and crush Arquebusiers while they were reloading)
Light cavalry : bonus vs melee removed
Pikemen : engage cavalry first feature removed (that was a nice idea but with the current game mechanics, pikemen have no chance to survive a battle if they aren't at least as numerous as the attacking cavalry and that's really a pain)

A small problem i have encountered with the Templar chapter house is that even when i have built 3 of them i can still build another, i think this may have the same set up as the Brewery national wonder. I recall you saying in another post that you could keep on building in different cities but you would still only ever have 3 of them at one time. As i don't keep track of everything i build in my cities if i see the icon for me to build it i will build it again, even though the cities i've already built it in are where i wanted them built in the first place. I know i should remember that i've already built them. Is there going to be a fix, at least for the Templar chapter house?

Since this is a feature of Civ IV I don't see how it can be fixed. The other option available to limit the number of buildings of a type you can have is to require a certian number of other buildings built first, like with the cathedral. That option means that it is entirely possible that you wont be able to build any if you don't have enough cities.

I suppose there may be a way of "fixing" this problem with the buildings that produce resources (brewery, steel mill, etc.) by checking how many of a resource you have. No that wont work because you trade them!

BtW Zappara, I was able to rebuild a forge after building a Steel Mill.

I think I may have found the source of the RevDCM distance penalty bug. When NBAfan mentioned that switching to Monarchy restored the penalty to normal, I took a look at the CivicInfos file to see if I could find anything unusual, especially in regards to Chiefdom and Monarchy.

What I found was that Chiefdom has the <fRevIdxDistanceMod> tag set to "0.4", while Monarchy has it set to ".2". Note that Monarchy has no zero before the decimal. I decided to remove the zero from each decimal in that tag, for each civic, and, lo and behold, the map that I've been doing my tests on now has correct distance penalties.

Further testing will be carried out.

EDIT: Further testing has debunked my idea. Now to try reducing the distance penalty across the board and see if that helps...

Hey there, I just recently moved and due to the move have not played ROM, or civ for that matter, for several months. I just finished a game and have a little feedback, I wanted to say this stuff a while back, but wanted to play another game just to make sure things were the same.

-The endgame combat is really REALLY boring, there are SO few units in that era, and they are just plain uninventive and boring. The future/transhuman era's need huge overhauls IMO.

-Also units get built waaaaaaaaay to fast due to MASSIVE ammounts of production from all of ROM's OP improvements, I love lots of production, but there needs to be some more scaling in effect.

-Units take forever to go obsolete, and many mid game units are still buildable by future era.

-More techs in the transhuman and future era's are needed and less techs that add even higher production/food/commerce to already overpowered improvements should be in these eras, I understand that as the times progress people would find a way to get more materials and such from existing improvements, but the way it is now is just to much.

-As stated above, there should be an overhaul in improvements making them less overpowered.

-One thing I really don't like is how by the end of the game superultramegacities are mainstream. There needs to be way more challenge later on, and why are all the techs leaning towards peace? Humans will always fight, forever, there should be way more techs with devistating weapons and units, stuff with unique effects not just a high attack strength. That would mean adding a LOT of techs to the trans/future era's.

-I just want to say this again, the future isn't perfect either, more techs that totally WRECK the world as far as superweapons/diseases/megaunits(with HUGE support costs, build times, and a national limit of course) and just anything to counterbalance the generally positive buildings and techs that would come with the late game are an absolute must, I'm talking Apocalypse causing weapons, *Ooooh, thats an idea*

-Apocalyptic and Post-Apocalyptic era's! The future would bring weapons so powerful that an Apocalypse is only inevitable. This would be an awesome idea for an optional era that could be selected in the custom game screen.

Anyways I hope that the endgame will undergo an overhaul, but until then, I just can't play past modern era's, it's just to simple and easy. ROM shines at the early era's, but grows more and more overpowered, easy, and repetatively boring as it nears it's end.

If you could find a way to make the endgame as fun, if not more fun than the early-midgame era's, I would be eternally gratefull. But if no changes are planned for a while, could you add an option to end the game on earlier era's, I seriously hate the late game era's that much. And one final thought, I love the endgame era's more than any other era's, I love future mods and all stuff like that, so this isn't a rant because I just don't like endgame era's, I do, moreso than early era's, just not in this mod as it stands now. Thanks for reading.

hi, i still with the same old problem xS

i can't open civilopedia neither 'options' and ingame i can only see the landscape (i mean no bars with information) and when i open up city screen i don't see anything... only the tiles as you can see in the following zipped images i'll send as well the logs...

i instaled sucessfully ROM 2.7 in my fix (non-portable) PC but in my portable PC it doesn't work, the problem that i'm reporting is about my portable... i have Windows Vista in both.... i simply can't figure out why it doesn't work... i followed the instructions of the CivAltroot already and nothing...

help? :crazyeye: please

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.rar
    83.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.rar
    63.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Logs.rar
    23.5 KB · Views: 66
1. Building pyramid and modern granary, you can get benefit from modern granary and also from granary because pyramid gives free granary and this free granary cannot be replaced by modern granary.
I cannot come up with any solution now, except this: (I think it's bad idea so if there is other solution, I will be glad to follow it.)
Remove Granary -> Modern Granary upgrade line and Make pyramid and granary obsolete with 'Agricultural Engineering (I can't remember exactly)' which brings modern granary.

2. I think Tea is revealed too late. AFAIK, chinese consumes tea from B.C.. IMO, Revealing Tea with Calendar like Coffee makes sense.

Is it just me to notice that farms only give +1 :food:?

This way, even grassland only supports 1 pop, without giving more food to the city.
In case you would come up in an area with many plain tiles, your city will be severly limited in size.

Another thing I miss is the option to have more flood plains, which now seem to be only available (standard BtS behaviour) on desert tiles with rivers (I am using SmartMap).

This way, even grassland only supports 1 pop, without giving more food to the city.
In case you would come up in an area with many plain tiles, your city will be severly limited in size.

And cottage alone gives +1 food and +1 gold, overpowering it in the early game. In my current game, I'm using Caste, that give +1 food to farms. But I suggest removing the food bonus from cottage, maybe giving +1 with some civics.

Aye, but isn't it just the cottage which gives the +1 :food:?
As soon as it will become a hamlet, you will lose the food bonus what in the worst case could lead to starvation.

I have a CTD issue with a savegame of mine. Every time I try to build a christian monastery in one of my cities, the game crashes as soon as I have to pick what that city has to build next. Have absolutely no idea what might be wrong, game works fine as long as I dont attempt to build the monastery there...

The city in question is Djenne, and yes, I know its not the most awesome game ever, but my first one with 2.7 :)

Attachments

• Medi2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 63
BtW Zappara, I was able to rebuild a forge after building a Steel Mill.
Will be fixed in v2.71.

I think I may have found the source of the RevDCM distance penalty bug. When NBAfan mentioned that switching to Monarchy restored the penalty to normal, I took a look at the CivicInfos file to see if I could find anything unusual, especially in regards to Chiefdom and Monarchy.

What I found was that Chiefdom has the <fRevIdxDistanceMod> tag set to "0.4", while Monarchy has it set to ".2". Note that Monarchy has no zero before the decimal. I decided to remove the zero from each decimal in that tag, for each civic, and, lo and behold, the map that I've been doing my tests on now has correct distance penalties.

Further testing will be carried out.

EDIT: Further testing has debunked my idea. Now to try reducing the distance penalty across the board and see if that helps...
I'm doing my own investigation to distance calculation (python)... will see if it can be tweaked for RoM v2.71.

If you could find a way to make the endgame as fun, if not more fun than the early-midgame era's, I would be eternally gratefull. But if no changes are planned for a while, could you add an option to end the game on earlier era's, I seriously hate the late game era's that much. And one final thought, I love the endgame era's more than any other era's, I love future mods and all stuff like that, so this isn't a rant because I just don't like endgame era's, I do, moreso than early era's, just not in this mod as it stands now. Thanks for reading.
I agree! :) One of the goals with patch cycle 2.7 was to enhance medieval era and future era (now Transhuman era). Lot's of stuff were already added in v2.7 but Transhuman era still doesn't have all the things I had planned for it and unit system for that era still needs lot of tweaking (there's no clear "rock-paper-scissor" unit types yet). Due to BtS 3.19 patch I had to rush v2.7 RoM patch and I'll have to make more Transhuman era additions in next few patches. Eventually it will be completed - at this point I'm still open for ideas for Transhuman era changes.

1. Building pyramid and modern granary, you can get benefit from modern granary and also from granary because pyramid gives free granary and this free granary cannot be replaced by modern granary.
I cannot come up with any solution now, except this: (I think it's bad idea so if there is other solution, I will be glad to follow it.)
Remove Granary -> Modern Granary upgrade line and Make pyramid and granary obsolete with 'Agricultural Engineering (I can't remember exactly)' which brings modern granary.

2. I think Tea is revealed too late. AFAIK, chinese consumes tea from B.C.. IMO, Revealing Tea with Calendar like Coffee makes sense.
1. Pyramids will be changed in v2.71. It was one of those things that I didn't have time to check for v2.7. I think I'll change Pyramids effects.

2. Just checked Tea's wiki and yes it should be available earlier in RoM. Will adjust it for v2.71.

hi, i still with the same old problem xS

i can't open civilopedia neither 'options' and ingame i can only see the landscape (i mean no bars with information) and when i open up city screen i don't see anything... only the tiles as you can see in the following zipped images i'll send as well the logs...

i instaled sucessfully ROM 2.7 in my fix (non-portable) PC but in my portable PC it doesn't work, the problem that i'm reporting is about my portable... i have Windows Vista in both.... i simply can't figure out why it doesn't work... i followed the instructions of the CivAltroot already and nothing...

help? :crazyeye: please
I checked your logs and it's still a problem with your Windows username. It has é letter which the mod can not understand during load phase. So you need to move the mod from C:\Users\Sérgio\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\ to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\. You might have to turn off UAC (User Account Control) if you are running Vista, if Windows doesn't let you move files to location specified above. If you can't install mod there, then you need to install Civ 4 to other location and put mod there too. I don't see any other way to fix your problem.

I think the coffee graphics are messed up.
I wonder what happened there :confused: It does look there's something wrong.

Another thing I miss is the option to have more flood plains, which now seem to be only available (standard BtS behaviour) on desert tiles with rivers (I am using SmartMap).
+1 Food from farms was moved to Crop Rotation tech so once you research it, you get the +2 food. Food resources of course give higher output of food even at the start of game.

About v2.71 patch: I'm currently waiting for next RevDCM patch which should fix few issues found from it (Multiplayer not working etc) and once it is released, I'll merge it to my next patch and then release it. So there isn't now exact release date.

About v2.8 patch cycle: I still got my hands full with v2.7 stuff - the megapack's civs need to be converted to WoC modular format, make the v2.71 patch fixes and there might be also v2.72 patch which adds some Transhuman era stuff that didn't make it to the v2.7 patch (might be other stuff as well ;)). I got few ideas for v2.8 but at the moment I don't want to think about it or discuss about it publicly yet - first I need to get the megapack converted and get bug fix patch ready. v2.8 discussion thread will be made once I got time to think about it. There's still tons of ideas in previous discussions that haven't been used yet... ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by os79
@Vincentz,

*smile* Yeah, ->AI<-, poor thing *lol*.

Anyway, I have two things that I think are strange but may be just OK.

1. The Canal Systems Civipedia was a bit weird because it said in Special Abilities that "-Can TXT_KEY_BUILD_REMOVE_SWAMP".

2. Secondly, I noticed that I did not have iron resource so I can't build light swordsman. OK, I accept that. But when I get Smithing, I get swordsman! It says that it required EITHER iron or copper. Obviously, I have copper but not iron. But that is weird because light swordsman UPGRADES to swordsman.

1. Yes, seems that one text element is missing or there's typo. Will be fixed in v2.71

not only is the text missing, but the functionality appears to be non existant.

i'm stuck with swamps. :sad:

Hellenic Temples have an unnaturally huge, dark, & black "shadow" underneath them on the terrain.

looks like the ground around them is burnt to a crisp.

I've played through the Medieval Era three times so far, and I've noticed that all wooden ships can only move one tile, no matter what movement rate is listed on the unit. Navigation upgrades help, but really, a caravel that can only move one tile? I'm playing on a standard world, if that makes any difference. Perhaps ships only receive one move until seafaring is researched. After that, water units receive the base rate listed in their info.

I'm liking the mod for the most part. I like the way food, cottages and happiness work. Health is good, too, except for the "lead" problem mentioned by an earlier poster. I agree: either give it more of a purpose to exist or delete it from the game.

Performance is still an issue, though it is better in 2.7. I can't tell that "no buildings" or smaller maps or static leaders help. Turning off most effects does.

how fool i am xP

i've done this before but i forget to delete the C:\Users\Sérgio\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\ location xS

now it works perfectly! :)

yes, the 'é' only exists in Portuguese and French alphabet i think xS

well, let me say that you made Civ 5!!! :) it's the mod of mods! you have my congratulations for all the hard work! :D

Regards from Portugal! :goodjob:

Top Bottom