Victory Screen Mods

I sure hope not, as I'm getting ready to attack Hannibal. :( And the vote had been between the two a few turns earlier. I'll check, though. How does voting work in that case? Do both members of a team get to compete in the same UN/AP leader vote? That seems a tad unfair.

no - they aren't teams. The normal victory screen has it right. I'll take a look at the code. BTW: you only have 23 turns left to take care of Hannibal.

no - they aren't teams. The normal victory screen has it right.

Yes, the game now shows the same thing for the AP.

• Lincoln built it and became leader.
  • I took it and became leader.
  • Now both Hannibal and myself are shown as the leader, though he was not a candidate in the most recent election. :confused:
I do not remember if I saw this with the AP before killing off Lincoln, but as for the UN, both Hannibal and Cyrus are very much alive.

BTW: you only have 23 turns left to take care of Hannibal.

Yeah, I don't normally play quick and didn't notice (he won). This is a fast game just to do a thorough test of the new BUG stuff and gather log data for the diplomacy code. Of course, I've changed it so much now that I need to do another quick game. :)

Oh, I made Hannibal pay for his sneaky win. :D

I commited a shorter version of the two text lines to SVN. They should fit in now. :D
thanks.

@Ruff: Any news on the "Apostolic Palace"-issue?
The one EF mentioned above that also affects the UN? Or another one? I'm looking at EF's issue.

thanks.

The one EF mentioned above that also affects the UN? Or another one? I'm looking at EF's issue.

No problem.

I was thinking of the one I mentioned in the Development thread (gender and plural stuff in the German version not showing correctly with the Apostolic Palace at the Victory screen). :D

I was thinking of the one I mentioned in the Development thread (gender and plural stuff in the German version not showing correctly with the Apostolic Palace at the Victory screen). :D

If I understood Ruff's reply, you and he have different values for the same key in your XML files, so Ruff can't fix it. In other words, it works fine for him. Is that right, Ruff?

No problem.

If I understood Ruff's reply, you and he have different values for the same key in your XML files, so Ruff can't fix it. In other words, it works fine for him. Is that right, Ruff?
Yes - EF got it right. I am not sure why we have different versions but I have been meaning to dump your XML into my file and see what happens.

I commited a shorter version of the two text lines to SVN. They should fit in now. :D

Thanks. :)

Yes - EF got it right. I am not sure why we have different versions but I have been meaning to dump your XML into my file and see what happens.

I assume that The Doc uses the German Community Translation, which adds gender related translations.

I assume that The Doc uses the German Community Translation, which adds gender related translations.
That is correct. Is there a suitable python function that extracts the correct gender?

When the BUG Victory Screen options are checked, the following information is included:

Victory Tab
  • Number of civilizations that you have not met
  • Number of civilizations that you have vassalaged
  • Number of turns until your cities hit legendary status
  • Number of turns until best AI cities hit legendary status
  • Built / not built status of the Apollo Program
  • Information regarding space ship parts
    • A space is shown beside the ship part if you don't have the required technology
    • The ship part description and count changes color if you have enough to launch the ship (minimum required) (same for AI)
    • The ship part description and count changes color if you have the maximum number (same for AI)
    • For the player, the number of parts under construction is also shown

Color coding / display of space ship parts ...
  • blank for player if player doesn't have the tech
  • normal white color for player if the player has the tech but hasn't built any parts yet
  • normal white color for AI if the player is not sure if the AI has the tech
  • orange if the human knows the AI has the tech
  • yellow if the player / AI has the minimum number needed to launch
  • green if the player / AI has the required number needed to launch

Members Tab
  • List of all civilizations under both AP and UN
  • The top two leaders are the AP / UN candidates
  • AP list includes
    • Number of votes
    • AP Status (Holder of office, Builder of AP, Full Member, Member, Non Member)
    • Relationship of leader to both candidates
    • Estimated number of votes gained by each candidate
  • UN list includes
    • Number of votes
    • Relationship of leader to both candidates
    • Estimated number of votes gained by each candidate
  • A total line including the required number of votes to win
  • An summary of this result including a totally random margin of error
  • Ability to toggle between Secretary General / Pope vote and Diplomatic Victory vote

The voting intentions of the AI are estimates based on the following:
  • AI votes for itself if it can
  • AI votes for a team member if it can
  • AI votes for its master, if it is a vassal
  • if the AI attitude to one of the candidates is 'friendly' and the other is 'pleased' or less, AI votes for 'friend'
  • if both candidates are at 'friendly' status, votes for one with highest attitude
  • if neither candidate is at 'friendly', abstains

When you don't have the tech for a SS part, how about showing "Research <tech>" if there's space for it?

In my most recent game, China is my vassal, and they are shown as voting for me, yet they voted for Justinian I to win Diplomatic Victory -- and they were at war! Of course, I DoWed on Justinian I, and Qin had never been angry with him until the war, but that makes no sense. I thought the code posted above says that an AI will always vote for its master.

Am I missing something?

vassal voting for master is my understanding. Got a save?

Sorry, I should have posted it initially. Load the game, cash in, make your vote, accept/reject Qin's deal, hit end turn, and see that Qin votes for Justinian I.

Yes, "getTextKey" or "getNameKey" but I have no clue about how to implement them. Unfortunately, CyTranslator only knows "getText". :dunno:

I suspect that the community translations are actually incorrect. Not the words but the attempt to use genderable translations on a plain text key. I have only seen genders attached to objects (units, buildings, techs, etc), but never just plain text.

Have you asked the makers of that project if they know what's up?

I suspect that the community translations are actually incorrect. Not the words but the attempt to use genderable translations on a plain text key. I have only seen genders attached to objects (units, buildings, techs, etc), but never just plain text.

Have you asked the makers of that project if they know what's up?

Well, the Apollo Program is an object and therefore has to be correctly declined. This issue dosn't occur in vanilla BtS, so there must be some sort of solution for this. But as I have no SDK for BtS I can't lookup how it's done there. :dunno:

This issue dosn't occur in vanilla BtS.

Where in vanilla BTS do you see it being used correctly? Anywhere besides the Civilopedia?

Where in vanilla BTS do you see it being used correctly? Anywhere besides the Civilopedia?

Ok, give me a hat and call me stupid. I played with BUG for so long that I thought the "Apollo Program" is on the vanilla victory screen, too. :blush: :lol:
The names of the space ship parts are displayed correctly on the vanilla BtS victory screen, though. And they are also declined in the XMLs. :dunno:

Top Bottom