1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Vincentz Infinite Projects [VIP MOD]

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by vincentz, Nov 16, 2010.

1. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

You will need to modify the cvgamecore.dll which have to be compiled.
    There is a really good guide here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/the-easiest-way-to-compile-a-new-dll.608137/

The file to edit is cvUnit.cpp and the function is void CvUnit::resolveCombat(CvUnit* pDefender, CvPlot* pPlot, CvBattleDefinition& kBattle)

I did expand a bit on it, but it might be helpful with the sourcecode (It is the entire sourcecode of the VIP, and, ehm, its a bit messy ;))

https://github.com/Vincentz1911/CvGameCoreDLL

The definition of how many combat rounds, I put in GlobalDefinesAlt.xml as <DefineName>MAX_COMBATROUNDS</DefineName>

2. Bangra 7

Bangra 7 The Port Of Call

Hi, Vincents. I just downloaded your mod, and added in two nations of my own to play with. Additionally, I found a big Earth map that I could use as a scenario. The nations, their units and traits load fine on a random map, but the game crashes to desktop when I load the scenario within the mod.I can attach the mod worldbuilder file, but I am curious if there is any reason for this error.

Attached Files:

3. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

I dont know, sorry. I never made a scenario before. What earthmap was it?

4. Bangra 7

I'll link it here tomorrow. Sorry.

5. Bangra 7

Okay, I got it working. ^_^ I'll upload pics, with the updated nations when I'm ready.

6. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

Please do tell how, as I tried but were unsuccessful :)

7. miccal2000

miccal2000 Warlord

Hello,

Is there a modmod available to add extra civs to this, as some other mods have, please?

Thanks!

8. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

Nope, sorry. Thought about it more than once, but is tedious work ;)

9. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

I got into the engine once again, and looked at the espionage, which while I kinda liked the changes I had made earlier, it was still broken, showing wrong data, and not working as intended.
    I use espionage a lot in my games. It is the only way for me to catch up with other civs, and the civs use it (sometimes a bit too efficient, when they steal a tech that I have JUST researched).

But there was a couple of things bugging me:
    1?) When stealing a tech that was already put some beakers into, the mission still cost full espionage cost.

1!) Fixed. Now the remaining beakers are what lies underneath the espionage point cost. Example:
    A tech cost 2000 beakers. it cost 1000 EP to steal it.
    Then half the tech is researched, and the cost is now only 500 EP to steal it.
    This is especially nice with the National Library/Encyclopedia/etc, that gives small amount of beakers depending on the widespread of the tech.

2?) The amount of EP not showing on the Espionage advisor

2!) Fixed. It now shows in top right corner, where it used to say the percentage of commerce.

3?) The individual spending on civs vs the overall EP

3!) Fixed. The original system was.... strange. You had a certain amount of EP per civ. If the civ died, those points were useless.
    Now the overall EP is the pool that is drawn from when performing missions AND the individual civ EP.
    If your individual EP is larger than the civ you are performing the mission on the mission is cheaper and vice versa.
    (The modifier used to be All EP ever gotten vs the target civs all EP ever gotten.)

If your EP on your target civ is smaller than the mission cost, the EP will become zero. Example:

You decide to start an espionage campaign against a certain civ (civA), so you use the Espionage Adviser and add some weight to civA.
    Every turn you get your GEP (general espionage points) for performing missions that can be used towards any civ, but you also get SEP (specific espionage points) towards civA (can be seen at Esp Adviser).
    If you have more SEP towards civA than civA have towards you, the mission will be cheaper (down to 50%) and if civA have more SEP then it will be more expensive (up to 200%).
    When performing a mission, the mission cost will be subtracted from both your GEP and SEP.

5?) I broke the 4 passive missions (See demo/research/city/cityscreen) when i originally changed the EP. Thought I could make them active (so a spy had to perform the mission)
    5!) Fixed, but still passive. It is reverted to SEP.

Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  10. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

hi there vincentz,
    how you doing sir?

glad to still your here.

i wish to merge your range strike mod in doto.
    can you give some pointers on which files or anything?

11. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

Sure. Its been a while since I made it, so my memory is a bit hazy, but iirc it is commented as //Vincentz Rangestrike

https://github.com/Vincentz1911/CvGameCoreDLL

12. keldath

cool vincent,
    much appreciated.

from what i remember the ai uses this quite well .
    im going to merge it with advanced civ/kmod.

thank you,
    i hope it will go smoothly.

13. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

The AI is very efficient with it, however I need to tweak the attack city AI stack to include more siege (might be different in your mod).
    I just watched an ally stack get slaughtered by a couple of bombards and trebs by the lowest civ on the scoreboard.
    It would have been more merciful if I had just went to world builder and deleted the stack ;)

And honestly, I think I'm going to chicken out and turn around. Before I get close to the walls they will have shredded my armies.

Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG

14. keldath

thats great that the ai knows how to.

i thought about doing some tweaks with all the relvant tags,
    the goal is:
    make the siege units to reduce strength of stacks.
    keep it on low damage (unit varies)
    random miss chance.
    some rock paper scissors of units vs siege.
    maybe use aircombat for units as a measure against ranged attacks by it self.
    keep it on low damage (

15. keldath

huh,
    you have mylom mod merged in, i didnt know that, i had that for years in my mod,
    hard to balance it.
    very cool though.

16. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

17. keldath

hehe,
    the larger city sizes.

maybe you got it from me, im the one who updated it to bts 3.19 years ago.

anyway, i merged the 3 files, to kmod advc, some parts i didnt know where, but ill see how f1rpo can assist.

other intresting stuff i saw:
    land blockade? thats very cool idea ! ai uses?
    improvement number bonus? whats that?

thansk vincentz.

18. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

Land blockade isnt working correctly iirc :(

The improvements number bonus gives more than one resource. I really like that one, though got a lot of help and prolly didnt comment it out correctly ;)
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...projects-vip-mod.398499/page-60#post-13668800

Other stuff i can recommend is Healing cost gold. It really makes you consider attacking, because the more damage to your units the more expensive it gets. That way attacks (and wars) have consequences. Not just a few turns of healing, but also a grab in the purse.

And the whole spy thing is imho one of the best mods. It really makes so much sense now, while still maintaining Jon Schafers espionage.

I'll try to upload the mod within the week, as many of the SDK edits have changes in XML too

19. f1rpo

f1rpo plastics

I don't normally touch espionage, neither as a modder nor as a player, but I've just adopted this idea because it's very easy to implement and more intuitive, I think, than the BtS formula. For players who never increase the espionage slider, this might be a significant change because the few espionage points from buildings aren't usually enough for any useful espionage missions; but if partial progress counts, then even small amounts of espionage can be redeemed for research. Having that possibility could actually be annoying because the steal-tech mission needs to be well-timed for maximal gain. Well, I'll see how it goes when I get around to playing a test game.
    I've implemented a cheap active investigate-city mission alongside the passive one, but the code is spread out over a dozen files, so it wouldn't be very easy to merge.

20. keldath

hey guys,

i have merged the ranged attack.
    also, although its just three files, i compared the git to the stand alone ranged release mod part, and i took the newer.
    but with some caveats. i made comments.

https://github.com/keldath/kmod-adv-Doto.git
    the branch is 104,
    the folder is dev
    compare between the two folder inside will show the merge .
    (winmerge is great)

please if you can take a look that my merge is correct...:)

i dont either, i lave esp usually, jere and there some missions.

thanks vip for all the explanations. ill start with the ranged, which is wonderful.
    i look forward for you next build.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019