1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Vincentz Infinite Projects [VIP MOD]

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by vincentz, Nov 16, 2010.

1. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

ill see what i can do- cant promise anything though ;)

2. Syrinxe

Syrinxe Chieftain

Hello,
    first of all a big thank you and congratulations for your mod, it is amazing !
    My point is a problem with one of my cities : it has a negative income :

upload_2020-5-11_14-1-26.png

As you can see, it should give me 5118g but take me 935g
    If you have any idea because it become hard to research science XD

Take care,
    Syrinx

3. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

Yeah, that looks pretty strange. I'll have to take a look at the code, but it could be the "hidden" difficulty modifier that I made, but thought I had removed.

4. plasmacannon

plasmacannon Emperor

WOW! Am I seeing that correctly? You have 18 Great people in that city doing nothing?
    LOL! That 2nd unit looks like a scout in there from the beginning of the game. :)

5. Syrinxe

Syrinxe Chieftain

They aren't doing nothing, they wait the good moment for golden ages ^^

6. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

Just out of curiosity, why? Especially ( if I'm reading correctly) with you being in the MA.

7. Syrinxe

Syrinxe Chieftain

Hello Drakarska, i don't understand your question.

@vincentz Hello,
    to test, i have removed all positives Maintenance Modifier and it seem to be not the problem.
    (But now the game is more playable because it was too many expensive to develop city research building, health building etc.).

I think this is indeed your "hidden" difficulty modifier that makes trouble. If you tell me where this modifier is, I could test it to give you feedback.

And sorry for my bad english ^^

8. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

I was merely curious as to the reason why you needed to stack so many GP for GA's, especially given that your in the MA.

As to Vins Maintenance, you'll notice that you need the appropriate gold producing buildings in order to off set the costs. Additionally, depending on your civics, that will also change certain maintenance parameters. You may need to have one of your cities just produce gold ( I usually use my GM city for such a purpose) until you can maintain a steady gold flow.
    Personally, I rather like the maintenance mechanic, as I have to pay very close attention to income instead of just setting the slider and forgetting about it.

9. Syrinxe

Syrinxe Chieftain

As you can see on the screen, my gold income city is bugged so I have to put the taxes on 100% gold and i have to remove all maintenance Modifier because of that.

For GP, it's an old tactic to make the maximum of GP during a GA, so i need a good number of power cities (late game), and i can make during that GA a lot of army just at the good technological moment. In addition of that strat, with the clerck guild the result is impressive. You have to know that there are 20 engineers stacked in my capital city ^.^

10. Syrinxe

Syrinxe Chieftain

I think a large part of the problem was in the inflation rate, not the maintenance rate of buildings (after 1400 turn, inflation is insame and unsustainable)
    I set 95% to 25% in the level difficulty and it is good now (maybe too much, i will see).

For the other problem of the negative income of my trade city, I wonder if civ4bts wouldn't have an income cap for cities and so your mod wouldn't be in question.
    When i set tax rate on 40% science, the income of city go to -900g to +900g income
    Strange no ? lol
    I continue the investigation... See you : D

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  11. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

Yup, saw it, wasn't questioning the bug, merely observing as a personal preference that I like the mods maintenance mechanic ( without the bugs of course :D).

Interesting strategy. Good thing Vinz disabled most of the espionage, as that would be a great target for assassinations.

On the plus side, at least you got Vinz off his lazy butt to take a quick peek under the hood.. Psshh, real life, family, career. Sounds like excuses to me :mischief:.
    Lol, glad to see you still peek in on your handy work Vinz. And Plasma? Lol, I haven't seen you on the boards in awhile. Glad everyone is doing good at this time.

12. plasmacannon

plasmacannon Emperor

True.

Yea, I've been mostly off on the Realism Invictus and Fall from Heaven mod sections.

In fact, in the Fall From Heaven MagisterModmod mod, the Sidar have a unit that can actually kidnap Great People and bring them to their cities.
    A tempting target indeed. :)
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/magistermodmod.455111/

13. wjbishop

wjbishop Chieftain

I have just loaded the latest version, and like it but have a question. How does one go about "seeing" a Militia unit I can kill the pesky little thing. I'm kinda tired of losing Guild reps and missionaries to random Militia units well inside my own borders. None of the other units seem to have the required ability or possible promotions, though some of them can see other spies, animals, etc.