Vincentz Infinite Projects [VIP MOD]

Hello,
first of all a big thank you and congratulations for your mod, it is amazing !
My point is a problem with one of my cities : it has a negative income :

upload_2020-5-11_14-1-26.png

As you can see, it should give me 5118g but take me 935g
If you have any idea because it become hard to research science XD

Take care,
Syrinx

WOW! Am I seeing that correctly? You have 18 Great people in that city doing nothing?
LOL! That 2nd unit looks like a scout in there from the beginning of the game. :)

Just out of curiosity, why? Especially ( if I'm reading correctly) with you being in the MA.

Hello Drakarska, i don't understand your question.

@vincentz Hello,
to test, i have removed all positives Maintenance Modifier and it seem to be not the problem.
(But now the game is more playable because it was too many expensive to develop city research building, health building etc.).

I think this is indeed your "hidden" difficulty modifier that makes trouble. If you tell me where this modifier is, I could test it to give you feedback.

And sorry for my bad english ^^

I was merely curious as to the reason why you needed to stack so many GP for GA's, especially given that your in the MA.

As to Vins Maintenance, you'll notice that you need the appropriate gold producing buildings in order to off set the costs. Additionally, depending on your civics, that will also change certain maintenance parameters. You may need to have one of your cities just produce gold ( I usually use my GM city for such a purpose) until you can maintain a steady gold flow.
Personally, I rather like the maintenance mechanic, as I have to pay very close attention to income instead of just setting the slider and forgetting about it.

As you can see on the screen, my gold income city is bugged so I have to put the taxes on 100% gold and i have to remove all maintenance Modifier because of that.

For GP, it's an old tactic to make the maximum of GP during a GA, so i need a good number of power cities (late game), and i can make during that GA a lot of army just at the good technological moment. In addition of that strat, with the clerck guild the result is impressive. You have to know that there are 20 engineers stacked in my capital city ^.^

I think a large part of the problem was in the inflation rate, not the maintenance rate of buildings (after 1400 turn, inflation is insame and unsustainable)
I set 95% to 25% in the level difficulty and it is good now (maybe too much, i will see).

For the other problem of the negative income of my trade city, I wonder if civ4bts wouldn't have an income cap for cities and so your mod wouldn't be in question.
When i set tax rate on 40% science, the income of city go to -900g to +900g income
Strange no ? lol
I continue the investigation... See you : D

Last edited:
Yup, saw it, wasn't questioning the bug, merely observing as a personal preference that I like the mods maintenance mechanic ( without the bugs of course :D).

Interesting strategy. Good thing Vinz disabled most of the espionage, as that would be a great target for assassinations.

On the plus side, at least you got Vinz off his lazy butt to take a quick peek under the hood.. Psshh, real life, family, career. Sounds like excuses to me :mischief:.
Lol, glad to see you still peek in on your handy work Vinz. And Plasma? Lol, I haven't seen you on the boards in awhile. Glad everyone is doing good at this time.

Yup, saw it, wasn't questioning the bug, merely observing as a personal preference that I like the mods maintenance mechanic ( without the bugs of course :D).

Interesting strategy. Good thing Vinz disabled most of the espionage, as that would be a great target for assassinations.

On the plus side, at least you got Vinz off his lazy butt to take a quick peek under the hood.. Psshh, real life, family, career. Sounds like excuses to me :mischief:.
Lol, glad to see you still peek in on your handy work Vinz. And Plasma? Lol, I haven't seen you on the boards in awhile. Glad everyone is doing good at this time.
True.

Yea, I've been mostly off on the Realism Invictus and Fall from Heaven mod sections.

In fact, in the Fall From Heaven MagisterModmod mod, the Sidar have a unit that can actually kidnap Great People and bring them to their cities.
A tempting target indeed. :)
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/magistermodmod.455111/

I have just loaded the latest version, and like it but have a question. How does one go about "seeing" a Militia unit I can kill the pesky little thing. I'm kinda tired of losing Guild reps and missionaries to random Militia units well inside my own borders. None of the other units seem to have the required ability or possible promotions, though some of them can see other spies, animals, etc.

Its been a while.... :)
But I felt the urge to mod this old game once again.
I actually managed to win a game of grand VIP (Colossal mapsize, Normal Speed, Emperor difficulty). In the 2030'ies. By conquest. Was still in Modern Era, though one of my vassals made the leap into transhuman.
It might have been the first time I have ever won in my own mod. At least without changing any gamerules or modding it throughout the game.
And it didnt crash. Not even once. There were 2 infinite loops though, but thanks to the work on the worldbuilder by platyping, the unit that caused it was easily found, and a few Skip solved the problem.

What impressed me the most, was the level the AI kept. While I was bigger & stronger after annihilating a lot of the AIs and taking their land, the remaining AIs tech- and unit level was rather high. If they had just pulled together instead of fighting against each other, the end result might have differed.

Anyways, made a little mod: Pollution
It buggered me that the unhealth didn't have any consequences. On the contrary it would just slow down the city's growth, often when unhappiness would hit it too, so not a disadvantage to just go full unhealthy.
Well, now it is. If the unhealth is too high (havent decided yet how much is too high, something, something, random) pollution will strike the land.
Requirements is simple:

• Bad Health > Good Health
  • Cannot be the city tile
  • Cannot be a tile with a feature (pollution is a feature)
  • Have to be in the workable part of BFC of the city, so if two cities share tiles, its only on the cities active tiles
The tile selected is based on:
Hammers * 3 + Food + Commerce
And if the tile being worked the above is multiplied with 3;

Example: (worked/not worked)
tile A : Fish with 6 food (24/6)
tile B : Mine with 4 Hammers (36/12)
tile C : Village with 2 Hammers, 2 Food, 2 Commerce (30/10)
tile D : Plains with 2 hammers (18/6)

If all are being worked the mine would receive the pollution, then the village, the fish and last the plains.
But... if only the plains were being worked, then it would receive the pollution.
If two tiles get same value, it will be randomized which one gets it.

The effect of pollution: -1 :hammers: -1 :food: -1 :commerce:

Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

Last edited:
Huh... Me likey. You still experimenting with the variable on the pollution? Or have a general idea on your static range?
And, umnn, *cough*, espionage, *cough* :D
Glad to see your still interested in your mod Vinz, and are willing to tweak things a bit. Platy is a genius on his tools, use a lot of his stuff for when my boys and I can set enough time to play for awhile ( much to the chagrin of their significant others, MWAHAHAHAHA).
Hope you and the Fam are well, and look forward to your tweaks.

Huh... Me likey. You still experimenting with the variable on the pollution? Or have a general idea on your static range?
And, umnn, *cough*, espionage, *cough* :D
Initially I thought about 5% chance per unhealth, but... the following quote sums it up. It should be an interesting feature, not a painful chore.
So maybe 2% / :yuck:. So a city with -10 health balance would have a 20% chance of ..... nah, lets make it 1% per :yuck:.

That way it would be somewhat rare, at least until industrialization ;)

You just triggered the PTSD of every vet from Civ3 and earlier. :scared:
I don't remember the exact mechanics of the earlier pollution, but I do remember it was a pain in the ass.
Midway through making this mod, I thought : just because I can, doesn't mean I should. But it was too late at that point ;)
If I understand the code, the pollution will disappear by itself after a while like fallout, but faster. Also, by researching sanitation tech, it can be removed by workers.

Almost forgot. New gameoption: War Before Writing.
So when civs meet early in the game they are at war. No diplo screen until both civs have writing.
I did get peace with two civs before writing through events.

Also, regarding to the pollution: By being able to manipulate features through the DLL, it opens up for giving the biological missiles some more meaning, as well as a couple of the promotions I have. Maybe even a spy mission that pollutes a tile.

Another one (of my pet peeves) bites the dust. Code is short, simple and self explanatory (though not tested fully):
Code:
//Vincentz Max Air Rebase Range Start
int iDistance = plotDistance(getX_INLINE(), getY_INLINE(), pPlot->getX_INLINE(), pPlot->getY_INLINE());
if (iDistance > airRange() * 2 || 0 == iDistance) return false;
//Vincentz Max Air Rebase Range End

Next on the line is:
Change air combat away from eithor/or situation
Especially the bomber raids.
For airbomb make random chance based on type and promos, but if intercepted it still have a chance, but if damaged it will be less bomb of defences.

Double food if both health and happiness are double the unhealth and unhappiness

For those cities build in later periods. So they grow a bit faster.

Ships Defend in Port
It feels silly when capturing a city with 2 carriers, 5 battleships and 3 destroyers, that they just disappear. Thinking about half strength if ship is in port.

Oil
This one is bit ambitious, but could theoretically be fun (I think).
Oil (or fuel) would collect like gold, but be used for every move of modern ship/vehicles/air.
No oil? no go!
In general there are a lot of resources that should be limited. You have 1 iron, you can build 50 tanks and battleships at the same time. A storm takes down the mine, and you can build nil.

Edit. And another one... Might give chance instead of 1 for every build. Based on buildtime of improvement.
Code:
    if (bFinished)
    {
        if (GC.getBuildInfo(eBuild).isKill())
        {
            kill(true);
        }
        //Vincentz Experience for Workers Start
        else
        {
            changeExperience(1);
            testPromotionReady();
        }
        //Vincentz Experience for Workers End
    }

And +1 AirRange promotion is now available for Ships, Artillery and AntiAir weapons with an air-range > 0

Code:
    //Vincentz Extra Air Range Check
    if (promotionInfo.getAirRangeChange() > 0 && airRange() == 0)
    {
        return false;
    }
    //Vincentz Extra Air Range Check

Last edited:
Ships Defend in Port
It feels silly when capturing a city with 2 carriers, 5 battleships and 3 destroyers, that they just disappear. Thinking about half strength if ship is in port.
It's sort of the way it works in Civ2: ships in port have their firepower reduced to 1 while the attacker's is doubled. They're largely rubbish for defence, but it means they can escape if the invader can't finish 'em off in a single turn.

But what about capturing ships in port..? :groucho:

In general there are a lot of resources that should be limited. You have 1 iron, you can build 50 tanks and battleships at the same time. A storm takes down the mine, and you can build nil.
Civ5 does this too: strategic resources are used as upkeep for higher-end units, so you can only have _x cavalry at a time.

Top Bottom