ViSa Latest Version Download

LAMO, so true :crazyeye: . The biggest problem with Windows Visa is that you really need double the recommended hardware requirements to actually run it well.

I heard about the great NCsaver for those who does not enjoy our good old friend MAF.

Are you going to release this great feature seperate from VISA? I would like to use it also when I am not playing VISA but maybe this has already been done without me finding it?

Thanks in advance and congratulations to a great mod!

I heard about the great NCsaver for those who does not enjoy our good old friend MAF.

Are you going to release this great feature seperate from VISA? I would like to use it also when I am not playing VISA but maybe this has already been done without me finding it?

Please no spamming.....many people read every single post....so seeing this 3 times makes me wish I hadn't responded at all.....

#define NCSaver; in the defines.h file

and then search all the files for:

#ifdef NCSaver
#endif

just copy paste these..

if you don't know what you are doing, can still do it, because it's made very simple ...copy paste the code should work

#define NCSaver; in the defines.h file

and then search all the files for:

#ifdef NCSaver
#endif

just copy paste these..

if you don't know what you are doing, can still do it, because it's made very simple ...copy paste the code should work

Thanks for the help. It is appreciated. However the explanation was a bit over my head, to say the least. I know basically nothing of these kind of stuff :crazyeye:

It would be great with a better explanation if possible. If not I will just have to wait for a separate release or something. :)

Its a SDK modification. Done by someone outside of the ViSa team afaik. If he isn't releasing it as a separate modification (yet), the ViSa team has no right to do so.
Away from that taketounwanted send you to the right place: you have to search the ViSa SDK source code for the code snippets that handle NCSaver, and include those snippets in the vanilla SDK source. Compile and you are set.
As taketounwanted mentioned, its soo easy that you can do it without knowing C++, using mere intelligence and logic as replacement skill. ;) Of course you need to be able to use the search and copy functions of a notepad plus be able to compile the SDK source.

Else you could wait till the programmer that made the NCSaver mod releases it precompiled.

Right, the NCSaver is a code from NEV, ViSa has the right to use the code, but all the credits go to NEV and ViSa doesn't release any code seperated from the mod!

However, everyone is free to use/fix/modify whatever he/she wants...but support is only on ViSa itself, not on coding or anything else..

If you change stuff, you most likely loose support ..but the "bad PR" guy from the http://visa.family-veldman.com will try to help you if you have any more questions, just mail him at the webmasters email listed on the page there...but im sure you won't get any guarantees on help..use the email at your own risk so to speak :p

Right, the NCSaver is a code from NEV, ViSa has the right to use the code, but all the credits go to NEV and ViSa doesn't release any code seperated from the mod!

However, everyone is free to use/fix/modify whatever he/she wants...but support is only on ViSa itself, not on coding or anything else..

If you change stuff, you most likely loose support ..but the "bad PR" guy from the http://visa.family-veldman.com will try to help you if you have any more questions, just mail him at the webmasters email listed on the page there...but im sure you won't get any guarantees on help..use the email at your own risk so to speak :p

Bad PR is right... :dubious:

I've PMed Firehawke already with my views on this, so I won't be a bore about it here except to say that as a Soldier myself I find the statement pretty fricking insulting, and I think it should be sh!tcanned at the first opportunity.

It reflects pretty badly on the mod team, and the mod as a whole. I'm not even going to begin to comment on the whole "Speak for yourself @sshole" feelings it evokes when I read it. :trouble:

Bad PR is right... :dubious:

I've PMed Firehawke already with my views on this, so I won't be a bore about it here except to say that as a Soldier myself I find the statement pretty fricking insulting, and I think it should be sh!tcanned at the first opportunity.

It reflects pretty badly on the mod team, and the mod as a whole. I'm not even going to begin to comment on the whole "Speak for yourself @sshole" feelings it evokes when I read it. :trouble:

As I said in the PM....what in the world are you talking about??????

I had recently had to reinstall windows on my computer and Civilization 4 Warlords v2.08 with the VISA 2.x works fine. But when I downloaded the main EXE, it could not find my install. I rather not reinstall Civ 4, the patch for Civ 4, then Warlords, the path for warlords just to install this mod.

Is there any alternative download, or what Reg Key does it look for so I can add it into the system to say, "oh, he does have the valid patch!"?

:mad:

I had recently had to reinstall windows on my computer and Civilization 4 Warlords v2.08 with the VISA 2.x works fine. But when I downloaded the main EXE, it could not find my install. I rather not reinstall Civ 4, the patch for Civ 4, then Warlords, the path for warlords just to install this mod.

Is there any alternative download, or what Reg Key does it look for so I can add it into the system to say, "oh, he does have the valid patch!"?

:mad:

V3 does not patch V2....and we have the installer setup that way to avoid problems.

The Reg Key is on the ViSa Website in the FAQ section I believe....but that won't help you unless you install V3.

Where can I obtain the (C++) sources?

V3.00 SDK does not exist (don't think so) as we are on to finishing up V3.10, which is located on SourceForge.net

As I said in the PM....what in the world are you talking about??????

Check with your webdev Firehawke. Up until yesterday for at least a day or so, the website's opening page had some vitriolic spiel about (paraphrasing) "sparing a thought for soldiers of <Insert Nations of Coalition of the Willing Here> who are fighting against the scourge of Islam which is insipidly creeping into society everywhere and it's the new Nazism, and thanks by the way to the USA who freed my country the Netherlands from the Nazi's etc"

I don't know who maintains the ViSa website for you, but I wasn't the only one who saw it either so if said webdev is shrugging their shoulders, then your webdev is either lying, or your site has been the subject of vandalism. I'm sure if I tried hard enough I could find a cached version of the page on my HD for you to look at too.

Thankfully, the offending message has now been removed.

Actually -- I didn't find the message offending at all -- I believe in supporting the military action against terrorists - and in supporting the forces that are bringing the fight to them.

Had the Terrorists been Episcopalian, Hindu, Baptist, Methodist, Bhudist or Mormon for that matter, I would see no problem in shining the spot light on the offending parties. If one is falsy singled out there is reason for offense to be taken but not when the truth is told. One need not hide from facts - they are what they are and they are irefutable. The local Lutheran or Presbyterian churches are not sending out suicide bombers to my knowledge.

Clearly, not all members of any faith are to be held responsible for the actions of radicals or extremists- and the moment an Episcopalian - which happens to be my faith- straps a bomb on himslef and kills innocent people - men, women and children - please let me know and I will be the very first to condem that act and all other such acts - and I would certainly not visit or support a church that has a significant number of their Clergy advocate such action.

Now -- Enough has been said on this subject - for those that were offended by a statement of support for our troops in a battle against some of the worst evil the world has ever seen - I feel bad for you and hope you never have to fight against terrorism in your own back yard.

Uncle Anton - no one lied - the blurb that so offened you was simply removed - I didn't post it - had I done so it would still be there! Perhaps you need to reevaluate your tag line -- the web site blurb shot straight from the heart and certainly didn't make a mess of it !

I too am a former soldier - having proudly served in the United States Army - 10th Special Forces -Flint Kasern - Bad Tolz, Germany 1963 to 1965 -- I am proud of my service and I support our troops.

Let this be the end of the subject ! This forum is for the enjoyment of ViSa_V3 and the follow on updates and patches -- let's keep on topic and enjoy the game -- afterall - that is why we are here !

Actually -- I didn't find the message offending at all -- I believe in supporting the military action against terrorists - and in supporting the forces that are bringing the fight to them.

Had the Terrorists been Episcopalian, Hindu, Baptist, Methodist, Bhudist or Mormon for that matter, I would see no problem in shining the spot light on the offending parties. If one is falsy singled out there is reason for offense to be taken but not when the truth is told. One need not hide from facts - they are what they are and they are irefutable. The local Lutheran or Presbyterian churches are not sending out suicide bombers to my knowledge.

Clearly, not all members of any faith are to be held responsible for the actions of radicals or extremists- and the moment an Episcopalian - which happens to be my faith- straps a bomb on himslef and kills innocent people - men, women and children - please let me know and I will be the very first to condem that act and all other such acts - and I would certainly not visit or support a church that has a significant number of their Clergy advocate such action.

Now -- Enough has been said on this subject - for those that were offended by a statement of support for our troops in a battle against some of the worst evil the world has ever seen - I feel bad for you and hope you never have to fight against terrorism in your own back yard.

Uncle Anton - no one lied - the blurb that so offened you was simply removed - I didn't post it - had I done so it would still be there! Perhaps you need to reevaluate your tag line -- the web site blurb shot straight from the heart and certainly didn't make a mess of it !

I too am a former soldier - having proudly served in the United States Army - 10th Special Forces -Flint Kasern - Bad Tolz, Germany 1963 to 1965 -- I am proud of my service and I support our troops.

Let this be the end of the subject ! This forum is for the enjoyment of ViSa_V3 and the follow on updates and patches -- let's keep on topic and enjoy the game -- afterall - that is why we are here !

Hi Kaiser...

I don't think anyone has a problem with supporting the troops, many of us here likely have friends and family over there - I do.

I just thought the references to a religion being what needs to be fought as opposed to terrorists or extremism of any sort from any religion were a tad off (we enlist to defend our countries, not to defend one religion against another), so I'll agree to disagree with you there as to how well that blog "grouped" so to speak. Without allowing this to go further offtopic, I'll simply qualify my earlier remarks - I hold that not Islam, nor any single religion has a monopoly on fundamentalism or evil - take a look at Oklahoma City, terrorist activity in Spain over the last 20 years, or some of the problems faced in South America and you'll see my point there.

And I never accused anyone of lying, I expressed it hypothetically. This has nothing to do with covering my ass - If I wanted to come out and call someone a liar or a bigot or a moron what's to stop me from doing it... this is the friggin internet... I wouldn't be the first person to gob off now would I? Example - I don't agree with you about the nature of the comment. Doesn't mean I don't respect your point of view on it. If I thought you or anyone else was a liar or an idiot, trust me it'd be an Open Net. As it was I couldn't be sure that there wasn't some reasonably innocuous (spell) cause behind it so I left it hypothetical. Indeed Firehawke pointed out that there also could've been translation issues. The author's English is almost certainly better than my Dutch, but Firehawke was quite right to point out that it only takes one slip up in translation to completely change the context of what's being said.

I had genuine concerns about what action the Forum Admins may have taken against a direct link on these forums to a website which may have breached legislation in one or more countries. He's since advised me thankfully that I worried over very little.

If I've given anyone the wrong idea then I'm truly very sorry. But I'm not interested in reading some anti-denominational statement - Now that I've qualified my remarks and response, I won't be commenting any further on it in this thread. If anyone feels aggrieved by anything I've said they can PM me and I'll be more than receptive to anything anyone has to say.

I couldn't agree more that we need to keep those in harms' way in our thoughts and prayers while they get the job done regardless of where that job is or the politics or religion behind it. Let's leave politics and religion out of these forums, and just play the damned game. :)

Guys....STOP THIS CONVERSATION!!!!!!

OR else the Admins will be asked to come in here and clean house.....and I won't be held responsible for the results.

BTW, the CivFanatics Admins can do nothing about links we post here....except remove a post or ban an account. Let me worry about ViSa and this is THE END of such off-topic conversations in this forum.

Top Bottom