1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ViSa v3.10 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - ViSa Modpack' started by TAfirehawk, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vodobas

vodobas Chieftain

I don't know if this follows. I have conquered a city with workers in it and this has never happened. Generally, you automatically capture or kill the workers if there is only 1 military unit left with X workers and you attack with only one unit (and not X + 1 units).

2. Alondin

Alondin Chieftain

"I don't know if this follows. I have conquered a city with workers in it and this has never happened. Generally, you automatically capture or kill the workers if there is only 1 military unit left with X workers and you attack with only one unit (and not X + 1 units)."

For some reason on Version 3.1, workers now need to be individually captured. So, if you attack a city defended by 1 warrior and there are 5 workers in it, you need to attack with 6 units to capture it (assuming you defeat the warrior on the first try). I think this is a bug that is being worked on, but haven't checked the bug site.

Alondin, Slayer of Workers

3. TAfirehawk

TAfirehawk WoC Team Manager

My last two games on the latest pre-v3.20 code on the SVN doesn't have this problem....not that I think it is much of a problem to begin with....

And I never saw this happen in the first place either.

4. TAfirehawk

Many thanks to all the people that have registered on the Bug Report site. It really makes things easier/faster for the Team if everybody uses/reviews that site.....THANKS!!!!

5. Glonojad

Glonojad Chieftain

Greetings,

First of all, thanks a lot for a very great Mod! Actually, it's almost too great, since time seems to run away quite quickly with it... ;)

Anyway, I wanted to again discuss the Bombardment (no)Bug. Yes, I have read the responses about checking the box. What I do not understand however is:
    a) if the Ranged Bombardment box is unchecked, shouldn't the game be played with Vanilla Bombardment? This seems to be logical - if one unselected the mod feature, he could expect to get the standard Vanilla version instead,
    b) if the game can't (or at least shouldn't) be played without Ranged Bombardment (because there's no bombardment at all then), than why include the box at all? Or at least - why make it un-checked by default... ;)
    c) if, by chance, someone accidentally didn't select the box ;), is there a way to enable any bombardment while the game is already running?

Best regards, thanks again for the mod and for an answer,
    Greg

6. TAfirehawk

A) there is no bombardment in plain Warlords, just collateral damage.
    B) we adopted the Firaxis principal of turning off all game options by default...but that is just the first time because it remembers your settings after one game loads
    C) you can hack the file via WB and a text editor....I believe the directions might be around here or at least they are in the v2.1 thread I know.

7. Glonojad

Glonojad Chieftain

Oh? What about bringing siege engines to the enemy cities and pressing the "B" key to reduce the defence bonus due to the culture of the city? ;)

8. TAfirehawk

Like I said, plain Warlords does not have REAL ranged bombardment.....reducing defenses only is a joke by Firaxis........

9. Glonojad

Glonojad Chieftain

Joke or not, ViSa mod disables it whether "Ranged Bombardment" is on or off. Like it was stated elsewhere, you can't play a game without it. You just CAN'T reduce city defenses!

It is as if You said "firaxis'es settlers are lame. Let's throw them away and make OPTIONAL engineers instead"...

I hope You'll get the idea now...

10. TAfirehawk

And I take it you have reported this on the Bug Report site so it can be fixed.....

11. chipper_30

chipper_30 Chieftain

12. WhimpyCiv

WhimpyCiv Chieftain

This kinda feels like a bug but I'm not sure...

I'm playing the latest Visa, Warlord difficulty. I've got one other civ on my continent, the French. I have a couple of techs lead on them (and everybody else). I go to attack them to take a few cities for some resources, and in the middle of the fight I realize that they have Infantry! (I'm attacking with Riflemen and Cavalry.) I take a few cities and end the war, then check the Tech Trade screen. I'm researching Assembly Line at the moment, and it doesn't look like anybody else has it. Where did these Infantry come from? I thought maybe they got them gifted from a different civ but NOBODY has the requisite tech. Can somebody build Infantry before researching Assembly Line? If not, how did the French get the soldiers?

13. loseth

loseth Chieftain

Not sure to what extent these are ViSa-specific bugs, but playing 3.1:

1. The Shylon graphic seems to be the knight shape with no colouring (the whole thing's black).

2. As others have reported, holy cities disappearing.

3. On Terra Map, several civs start in the new world, rather than all civs starting on the old world.

4. I am paying for eight units outside my borders, when in fact all units are inside my borders. Could this be because I gifted several units to a vassal? Could I still be paying for them?

5. AI fails to press an overwhelming advantage (Nubia had about 15 powerful units within two turns march of enemy Sumeria's last, virtually undefended city. What did Nubia do? Nothing. After 20 turns or so, I just took the city myself).

That's it. Great mod, though, and I'm still enjoying it lots.

14. Ajes

Ajes Chieftain

I found 2 errors.

1) there where no great person image when Sir Magid Yacoub was born
    Spoiler :

2) When i load a game the crop yield graph in the info screen shows nothing at all.

Spoiler :

Thanks for the mod :goodjob:

15. rockinroger

rockinroger WoC Team Member

first error is a known bug with the made up names. it happens occasionally.
    the 2nd bug has this happened more than once? what domestic adviser are you using?

16. santoo

santoo Chieftain

i can confirm the 2nd bug (no crops graph showing). using standard domestic advisor; all graph-data gets lost when reloading - subsequent crop-yields show up fine however (until you reload again)
    Spoiler :

might be a problem with savegame format?

i ran into another bug concerning graphs:
    Spoiler :

the culture graph for most (AI) civs goes completely off the scales at one point or another. these sudden increases do *not* represent events like building lots of wonders at the same time, culture bombs from great artist or any such thing. the yellow line represents my own culture and appears accurate enough - however, I've dominated the game culturewise from the start (being creative & builing most wonders), so there's no way any AI might have gotten such spectacular results :D

17. TAfirehawk

1. The Shylon was changed to a dark graphic, it isn't just all black....and it is intended.
    2. Use WB to fix this, just takes a few seconds.
    3. Map bug...way down on priority list.
    4. No clue, but not a ViSa thing.
    5. That is a BetterAI thing.

2. I believe that is the original Firaxis Patch v2.08 bug....or could be something different.

18. TAfirehawk

It is our goal to fix every single bug in ViSa and in fact we have fixed numerous Firaxis bugs along the way (not to mention hundreds in the modcomps we have added), but we can't get them all.

Time and severity are the factors, but please keep reporting everything you find!!!!

19. walkerjonny

walkerjonny Chieftain

Just about the Assembly Plant bug (German Empire).
    I'm sure now that I am also not able to build a Predator, too.
    (like the Battleship)

20. rockinroger

rockinroger WoC Team Member

Can you explain a little more about the Assembly plant for Germany? Are you saying that when you play as the Germans you cannot build the UB for the Germans? IE Assembly Plant?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.