ViSa v3.10 Bug Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is weird Ive personally never had that happen. Do you by chance still have the save for that game so we can look at it. Also have you modified any of the code. One person that this happens to might be random. 2 or more then perhaps we need to investigate. Thanks.

Still have the save game, here it is. The unit is the Infantry with 84/101 XP located in the town of Anasazi, just outside the Chinese borders on the southern continent, northwest corner. (I'm playing the Armenian civ, I only have three cities there so it shouldn't be hard to find.) I've since noticed that it is occassionally reproducible by creating a unit in a city where there is an Army Base and a Drill Sergeant, training the unit to 17 XP, then fortifying it there. Sometimes it keeps going up in XP.

I'm certainly not smart enough to modify any of the code. I didn't choose anything too unusual on the custom games screen. I tweaked a setting or two in the .ini file as well, but I think it was only the ones for how much tech you got from a conquered city and how much culture the conquered city kept.

Other bugs (features?) I noticed during this game:

1) Urban Planner. The Armenian civ has a Shoogah, not a Market. The Urban Planner shows the button and info for Market, whether the city has a Shoogah or not, but won't create *either* a Market or a Shoogah regardless of whether the city already has one.

2) Plane XP. Planes sometimes get XP from surviving interception. I noticed this with planes that get multiple attacks, though it might be happening elsewhen and I haven't noticed it. I assumed planes got XP only from killing things.

3) Terraformers. If you have two (or more?) terraformers working together to raise elevation from flat to hill, only one of the terraformers will stop once the hill has been created. The other will continue until you have a mountain. (Which may not be, and in my case certainly wasn't, what you want!)

Attachments

• Gaining experience.CivWarlordsSave
    7.9 KB · Views: 247
I've just installed visa 3.10 to a clean warlords 2.08, no other mods installed, cache disabled and cleared but when i click on the visapedia from the main menu nothing happens. Also when a created game loads there is'nt a ui? I'm using vista ultimate. Anybody else had this problem?

Got it. The victor will be decided at the end of the time frame. Dmn! Kind of boring as i am in 854 AD. Well, guess i'll have to start all over again, to mangage
finally finishing a game

Well at some point you should be able to determine yourself who has won....and it gives the Mastery Score throughout....

If you get bored and MUST go to 2100AD, just use the AutoAI.

I've just installed visa 3.10 to a clean warlords 2.08, no other mods installed, cache disabled and cleared but when i click on the visapedia from the main menu nothing happens. Also when a created game loads there is'nt a ui? I'm using vista ultimate. Anybody else had this problem?

Are you using English?

Are you using English?

Yes i'm using English, this is the python error log.

load_module CvEventInterface
load_module CvUtil
load_module traceback
load_module CvViSaEventManager
load_module CvConfigParser
load_module ConfigParser
load_module CvPath
load_module _winreg
load_module CvModName
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in ?
File "<string>", line 52, in load_module
File "CvEventInterface", line 7, in ?
File "CvViSaEventManager", line 23, in ?
File "CvConfigParser", line 26, in ?
File "CvPath", line 124, in ?
File "CvPath", line 97, in _getUserDir
File "CvPath", line 88, in __getRegValue
WindowsError: [Errno 2] The system cannot find the file specified
load_module CvAppInterface

Yes i'm using English, this is the python error log.

load_module CvEventInterface
load_module CvUtil
load_module traceback
load_module CvViSaEventManager
load_module CvConfigParser
load_module ConfigParser
load_module CvPath
load_module _winreg
load_module CvModName
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in ?
File "CvEventInterface", line 7, in ?
File "CvViSaEventManager", line 23, in ?
File "CvConfigParser", line 26, in ?
File "CvPath", line 124, in ?
File "CvPath", line 97, in _getUserDir
File "CvPath", line 88, in __getRegValue
WindowsError: [Errno 2] The system cannot find the file specified
load_module CvAppInterface

Your install is bad somehow....not sure where though.

@jaylo101 did you get the full 3.1 installer or did you download the 3.1 patch?

The full 3.1 installer. I've just this moment found out something interesting, when user account control in vista is switched on, my FfH 2 mod doesn't work properly, switched off it works fine. Does'nt help this problem though.

oh you have vista, crap cant help you much there.
i know that mr.genie and kaiser both have Vista maybe they could help out.

Do you think its maybe a Vista problem then as it effects Amra's mod as well? Used to play Visa 2.10 on XP just fine.

its certainly possible i know that kaiser had several issues with it on Vista. I will ask him nest time i hear from him. Right now he is moving/retiring so rl has him cramped. Mr genie has vista, but again rl (school) is keeping him busy also. I know we have players using Vista and ViSa. So it works but i dont know the details of the issues on it. Have you tried reinstalling Visa yet?

Ok heres a few bugs I have found. Zulus cant build barracks because of their unique building (ikhanda) so therefore miss out on the barracks upgrades and the units they unlock. Also when you build a building that unlocks inquisitors it unlocks inquisitors in all cities regardless if you can only build missionaries. Also it replaces missionaries with inquisitors meaning that you can no longer spread your religion just remove others, very frustrating. Also I get pink screens when some wonders and great people are created. As well you cannot sell city improvements yet the AI seems to be able to. Also as a foot note can you please lower the cost of upgrading units as it is far to high. Other than the above mentioned errors it all seems to be a good mod.

its certainly possible i know that kaiser had several issues with it on Vista. I will ask him nest time i hear from him. Right now he is moving/retiring so rl has him cramped. Mr genie has vista, but again rl (school) is keeping him busy also. I know we have players using Vista and ViSa. So it works but i dont know the details of the issues on it. Have you tried reinstalling Visa yet?

Since i have two decent sized hard drives i installed XP onto the second and created a dual boot OS. I installed all my Civ 4 stuff on the XP drive and everything works fine, so it must be a Vista issue.

Well at some point you should be able to determine yourself who has won....and it gives the Mastery Score throughout....

If you get bored and MUST go to 2100AD, just use the AutoAI.

Actually, if you eliminate all of the opponents (complete destruction, not vassalage) the Mastery Score screen breaks.

Since i have two decent sized hard drives i installed XP onto the second and created a dual boot OS. I installed all my Civ 4 stuff on the XP drive and everything works fine, so it must be a Vista issue.

Well im glad you got it working, but i know it does work for alot of people on Vista, Problem is i dont have vista yet,( i let others be the guinea pig for microsoft). Check the forums for vista help. It does work with Vista though.

Actually, if you eliminate all of the opponents (complete destruction, not vassalage) the Mastery Score screen breaks.

Yeah I know....Sevo wasn't really done with it when he left so it isn't perfect...

It certainly is a permission/Vista issue....

Ok heres a few bugs I have found. Zulus cant build barracks because of their unique building (ikhanda) so therefore miss out on the barracks upgrades and the units they unlock. Also when you build a building that unlocks inquisitors it unlocks inquisitors in all cities regardless if you can only build missionaries. Also it replaces missionaries with inquisitors meaning that you can no longer spread your religion just remove others, very frustrating. Also I get pink screens when some wonders and great people are created. As well you cannot sell city improvements yet the AI seems to be able to. Also as a foot note can you please lower the cost of upgrading units as it is far to high. Other than the above mentioned errors it all seems to be a good mod.

We are working on fixing all the UB's and unit requirements for v3.20

Most of the rest there is fixed or not a ViSa issue.

hello there,
i think i found a new (undiscussed) bug - when you play as "german" you are not able to build a battleship because you can't build a factory - the germans have a so called assembly plant instead of a factory (and it behaves like a factory) BUT there is no way to build a battleship.
greetings
poldi

ps: incredible mod :)

hello there,
i think i found a new (undiscussed) bug - when you play as "german" you are not able to build a battleship because you can't build a factory - the germans have a so called assembly plant instead of a factory (and it behaves like a factory) BUT there is no way to build a battleship.
greetings
poldi

ps: incredible mod :)

Actually, it is discussed on page 5 and 6 of this thread. And, as TAFirehawk states:

We are working on fixing all the UB's and unit requirements for v3.20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom