ViSa v3.10 Bug Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First: Sorry, I mixed up the Predator (Missile) with the Jaggernaut (Advanced Howitzer). My Fault.

On Page 4 of this thread I have placed some posts about the Assembly Plant. The Assembly Plant is a unique building of the German Empire which replaces the Factory. It allows to turn 4 citizens into Engineer instead of 2 citizens (Factory).
Of course I'm able to build the Assembly Plant.
But unfortunately I'm not able to build either a Battleship or a Jaggernaut. Both Units require the Factory to be availabe for building them. Maybe they have not been mapped to the Assembly Plant so far.
For your understanding: I'm researching Future Technologies now. That means that I really should be able to build those units now.
I'm suggesting to verify that the Factory and the Assembly Plant are required for the same units/buildings.

I think the problem might be the text for a Factory says it is needed to build a Battleship or Jaggernaut, regardless of what civ you are playing.

rockinroger and I found the problem....and it is a MAJOR problem.

All Civs with Unique Buildings that the 'regular' building is required to make a unit....none of them will work. We also found the Zulu barracks doesn't allow Modern Infantry besides the previously reported German factory doesn't allow a Battleship.

I logged it on the Bug Report site....which now has 62 issues for v3.20....

@Vodobas, it is correct that you need a factory and barracks or lighthouse to build a battleship. It can also not be built until the tech Nato.

I think we have a misuderstanding here I understand the prerequisites for the Battleship, I was trying to determine why the original poster mentioned the Jaggernaut. I was saying that the hover text for a factory mentions the Jaggernaut, even if you aren't the right civ (Mali, I think?).

I think there are a number of other buildings that the hover text mentions units your civ cannot build. Totally minor issues. :)

rockinroger and I found the problem....and it is a MAJOR problem.

All Civs with Unique Buildings that the 'regular' building is required to make a unit....none of them will work. We also found the Zulu barracks doesn't allow Modern Infantry besides the previously reported German factory doesn't allow a Battleship.

I logged it on the Bug Report site....which now has 62 issues for v3.20....

Is this units only, or buildings as well? i.e., can you build the Hanging Gardens (requires Aqueduct) if you are the Ottomans (Hammam replaces Aqueduct)

@rockinroger: Argh! :aargh: I should read the Visapedia more carefully in the future! You're right, the Jaggernaut is a unique malinese unit. :wallbash: :hammer2:
The standard unit is the Tank Destroyer, which also requires a Factory. :lol:
Because I'm playing the German Empire at the moment I should have been able to build a Tank Destroyer but I'm not.
Seems, that this bug is more worse than thought at the beginning, heh? :huh:

One other thing: I have just overlóoked the list of buildings/units which are available to build in a city. I have seen that the Methane Plant is listed there. But the Methane Plant requires a Biodome, which in fact is not listed to be build. I have checked Visapedia. There are no requirements listed for the Biodome. That seems to be a bit strange. Neither the Methane Plan or the Biodome are descibed to be unique units for an empire. In fact of this I'm not able to build a Biodome and a Methane Plant at the moment.

@ walkerjonny: are you still playing as the germans? Yeah its worse than that, seems like any unit that requires a factory cannot be built with a UB for factory like the German Assembly Plant. Which makes me nervous for other UB. Good thing is we have a fix for it for the battleship. Bad news is i might have to go through each unit that requires a factory to enable them. Fun Fun.

Is this units only, or buildings as well? i.e., can you build the Hanging Gardens (requires Aqueduct) if you are the Ottomans (Hammam replaces Aqueduct)

well i just tested playing as the Ottomans that after building the UB hammam. You can then go ahead and build the hanging gardens. So that is working. Woot!

@rockinroger: Yes, I'm still playing as the Germans. And if TAfirehawk is right about the unique buildings problem it doesn't just affect the Germans. Sounds like lots of work. :mad: :badcomp:

I think I have read about this some posts before. I conquered the world, voted myself for UN-victory, but there is no winning message. The game just continues from round to round. Just wanted to let you know about that.
Yes, I acticated both victories at the beginning of the game.

@rockinroger: Yes, I'm still playing as the Germans. And if TAfirehawk is right about the unique buildings problem it doesn't just affect the Germans. Sounds like lots of work. :mad: :badcomp:

I think I have read about this some posts before. I conquered the world, voted myself for UN-victory, but there is no winning message. The game just continues from round to round. Just wanted to let you know about that.
Yes, I acticated both victories at the beginning of the game.

Yes I am right.....and it isn't alot of work, just a pain to track it all down since reports before this were sketchy.

And buildings are fine, it is only units because Firaxis never thought of doing this.....

Mastery Victory as we have said before, is end of turn victory condition, so completing some other condition early has no effect.....gotta play to the end...use AutoAI if you need.

MAF FIXED!!!!!!!!!!

Per the Dev chat, the MAF is fixed in BTS and they are looking at any further problems it causes.

I believe mrgenie found at least 4 things in the EXE causing the MAF so hopefully they got them all.

We won't be putting BTS into ViSa v3, but making a new v4....or maybe even a new mod with a new name, but in the same theme as ViSa.

Whoa, what is this?

I was playing the Arabian civ and a TIGER got inside my boundaries and wiped me out. I thought animals couldn't come inside civ boundaries??? Or has that been changed?

Yes animals can come inside borders now.

I believe they have to be drawn in if they see a unit....I could be wrong as I have never seen an animal come inside my cultural border.

One thing, make sure it is a Barbarian Animal and not from another civ because the Allegiance Mod allows capture of animals too.

Hi. I have to say this is a great mod but Ive run into a problem: whenever I do ANYTHING a window pops up and says "select a leader to improve relations with" with an OK box. Its playable but very annoying. Please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom