VQ-09 Alg Ore's Exploit

No, from my understanding, TGWall graphics will surround the entire cultural border within which TGWall is built, when it is built. The graphics does not grow with the cultural border, but its effect grow with the cultural border. However, I think, it only affect the cultural border within which the TGWall is built. So if suppose you build a city that is isolated (cultural border wise) from the rest of cities (where TGWall is built), it will not be able to fence off the barbarians until its cultural border expands to join the rest.

Confusing? :crazyeye: ... but the later part is pure conjecture on my part, I haven't tested that. It seems logical to me though.

--

Whip the Ikhanda in Nabmamba. Doesnt change tech... hurries allong everything else...
Rush the lighthouse, Theo in 5 turns

In 300 this happenes....:

There goes our :) from religion... :mad:

I Change tech to Monarch for the Added :) from military presence.
250bc the founding of Confusionalism and that is it for notable events on my watch....

I leave you with a close up of our empire...

and another closeup from our Island which we should fill ASAP I think...
Also we want to place the palace (I think) in the 5th city??? to even out the distance maintenance.

We are currently breaking even on 90% with Monarchy due in 1 turn!

Finaly offcourse the save is here

Drat, I thought the number of turns to research was pretty hefty, but I was hoping we'd get there with the direct run. Course now I can say that I wished I'd gone with my first thought which was to get to caravels and iron sooner rather then later. AH well, hindsight and all

BTW, I think you used the GE on the great lighthouse... is that right?

Rush the Lighthouse => Great lighthouse, Yes used the engineer to rush it.

I suggest we go after Metal Casting next for Forges and Colossus? Anything to beef up our science right?

And like I said... Tho I didnt do it... We should spread like wildfire over our Island?!
Maybe even keep that Barbarian city if it ever grows? Saves a settler and I think we would place it in the same spot... Or ?

Also we should have a look around the Island once we take the city for more Barb cities

Once we are in HR, can we use Catapults for Military Police? They arent that expensive AND they may find a nice target someday. Whereas Axemen/chariots and stuff will require upgrading!

Barb city was at 2 in my turns, so it will be capturable now. We really need to find a balance between growth and too much expansion. Since CoL is not on the path - only our UB is there to help with the maint costs.

Monarchy in 1. Worth the shot at Divine Right? Not with our luck :lol: .

We go Iron Working in 7 and a revolt into hereditary rule instead.

We get a settler going in Ulundi.

Iron Working in and Metal Casing up. We have iron at Ulundi.

GS pops in Ulundi and we build an academy. Shaves 3 turns of Metal Casing.

That library is whipped as per the sign in Nobamba.

Settler also being built in ..gungun..

And that concludes a very quick 10 turns!!!;)

Now the academy is built I've fired the scientists in Ulundi to speed the settler up.

Only 30 techs to go!!!

Once Metal Casing done I suggest Maths and Construction. I don't think we can take the barb city without catapults. Our combat I, cover, city raider I axe only has 24%.

After Construction, head to Optics to meet our fellow contestants. Our isolated start has meant the loss of Alphabet isn't as bad as could be.

The Save

View attachment 140290

Yes... I red your first sentence and thought I'd have to get the :whipped: out!

Promoted swords will do just fine against those archers. 3/2 ratio should do fine.

Did we ever finish Theology? Don't want to expire off any beakers...

Just like production (hammers) if you leave something uncompleted for a bit of time... I was under the impression you start to get decay.

BTW
GreyFox is Up
Maquis is On Deck

Lurker's comment:
Does research decay? I don't know, Sullla (I hear) is notorious for leaving Liberalism at one turn left while he claws all the way up to Constitution...

I always leave Liberalism for 1 turn as well, until the AI have Education and Philosophy. I didn't research Theology, still has 3 turns left.

Also, the tech path as posted in the first page is now quite different that if you click on Fibre Optics in the game, as some alternate paths have changed, so some tech that light up in game are actually banned techs.

Here's the list again as a reference

• Fishing
  • Metal Casting
  • Iron Working
  • Mathematics
  • Monarchy
  • Compass
  • Calendar
  • Construction
  • Currency
  • Machinery
  • Engineering
  • Feudalism
  • Optics
  • Theology
  • Guilds
  • Paper
  • Banking
  • Printing Press
  • Education
  • Replacable Parts
  • GunPowder
  • Rifling
  • Astronomy
  • Chemistry
  • Scientific Method
  • Steel
  • Physics
  • Artillery
  • Electricity
  • Rocketry
  • Radio
  • Satellites
  • Computers
  • Fiber Optics

Turns, played, nothing of interest to report, really.

Well maybe one. At first glance, I thought I have a better suggestion for the 4th city:

200 years later, I changed my mind :crazyeye:

We have metal casting, decided to complete Theology, ...

... and started forge in capital. Speaking of which, I suggest we rename our cities with one of the 7 core routers that form the backbone of the Internet, or call them HAL, DeepBlue, whatever, anything but uMungungdulovu :crazyeye:

I have a sword moving towards the barb city. I also started a scientist in the supposedly GP-Farm.

Here is the situation:

Here is the log:

Spoiler Manual Log :

150AD (0):
Looks good, but I don't understand the massive cottaging in Nobamba ... suppose to be a GP Farm.

175AD (1):
Nobamba: Axe > Granary
Forget we need zxes in Ulundi to keep citizen happy :smoke:

200AD (2):
Move Axe back ... Nobamba is now unhappy at size 5 ... hmm.

225AD (3):
Switch built in Nobamba to Impli to help happiness

250AD (4):
whipped Impli, Nobamba down to size 3, no more angry citizen

275AD (5):
Ulundi: settler > sword
Nobamba: Impli > granary

300AD (6):

325AD (7):
Bulawayo: founded > library
Decided that the original "4th CIty sign" is better.

350AD (8):
Ulundi: sword > sword
uMgungundlovu: settler > axe

375AD (9):
Research: MetalCasting > Theology

400AD (10):
Ulundi: sword > forge

And here be the save (400AD).

Top Bottom