1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

VS1-Agression

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by Strider, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Commander Bello

Commander Bello Say No 2 Net Validations

GK, are you still around?

2. akots

akots Poet

:lol: Same thing happens for the third time. GK says "will post in an hour" and then disappears.

GK, are you OK?

3. Commander Bello

Akots,
    do us a favour and pick it up, will you?
    Last save has been mine, and was a fortnight ago.

4. akots

akots Poet

I would prefer for GK to post because he apparently at least started to play. I just arrived from Florida, driving 1000 miles in less than 24 hours and am kinda tired.

5. scoutsout

scoutsout Minstrel Boy

delurk

@Akots: :wavey: I've been following this thread with some interest since SGOTM1...

Gengis has been skipped in an SG we're in together, and has not posted to SGOTM2 since last Sunday, shortly before he posted here... He has also been absent from the GK2 TDG for about the same amount of time.

I hope he is simply at the beach, and that everything is okay with him... I have his actual e-mail address, and have not heard from him for several days in e-mail either.

I suspect that he will (eventually) return. But I don't know when; I just thought I would let you guys know that this is not the only game hanging...

Best regards, and /relurk

6. Commander Bello

Thanks for the information, scoutsout!

Akots, I perfectly understand how you feel after 1000 miles, since I've done this from Wednesday to Friday as well.
    I would suggest that after you have recovered and under the assumption that GK doesn't show up in time you would pick up the game during the week and play.

7. akots

akots Poet

We also have gorm who did not play when he was up.

@Gorm: May be you have time to play?

8. Gengis Khan

Gengis Khan Deity

Sorry for the going missing guys, it's been a long week with a very substantial RL burden. I'm back, however my Civ CD was stolen(among other things) so you guys can either skip me or prolong this for a day or so until I get another disk in the mail. I promise to jump on this one as soon as it comes(hopefully today), if you don't mind waiting.

Again I apologise for the inconvience & won't hold any bad feeling if you guys don't want to wait. You've already waited more then long enough.

9. akots

akots Poet

Good you are OK and back. We will wait then for you or Gorm to play the turns then.

10. Gengis Khan

Gengis Khan Deity

Got my disk in the mail today, I'll be playing this one asap.

11. andvruss

andvruss Deity

Anyone out there? I think we have 2 active people who have played in the last 3 weeks or so.

12. Gengis Khan

Gengis Khan Deity

Still got it, was a busy weekend and I returned with like 4 SGs on me. I'll get this one finished and posted in a couple hours.

13. Gengis Khan

Gengis Khan Deity

Flight Check Don’t think I need to tell anyone, but it doesn’t look good. We’re at war with Babylonn, Incans, Greece, Iroquois, Byzantines, Russia, Spain, & the Mayans.

We’re also down a buttload of techs. Sounds like fun!

Make peace with Mayans, take 21g from them for it.
    Turn around and pay 20 of it to Spain for peace.

Kill off a Biz Cav.

IT- Lose a Numid to a Biz Cav.
    Japan & Iroquois sign peace treaty.
    Japan & Germany sign MA against Portugal.

Gades: Numid>Treb

T1- Kill off some Byzantines, plus a couple Iroquois without losing any troops. Send troops to reinforce, and stick our SoD next to Eddessa.

IT- We lose a Numid & Knight to Iroquois counter attacks.

Tingris: temple>treb
    Kagoshama: knight>knight
    Sulcis: numid>knight
    Cadiz: numid>knight
    Nora: barracks>knight

T2- Saltpeter is finally hooked up. Blow some cash upgrading a few Numids to muskets.
    Begin bombardment of Eddessa, more trebs moving to help out, plus a settler on his way with a couple more ordered up.
    Reinforce the southern flank from Iroquois attacks.

IT- Rampaging Spanish have destroyed the Hittities. One less person to declare war on us, I guess.
    Maya & Germany sign alliance against Greece.
    Maya & Germany sign alliance against Portugal.

Malaca: barracks>knight
    Thveste: knight>knight
    Hippo: numid>Musket
    Rusicade: numid>treb
    lol: temple>walls (I gotta ask who named a city lol?)

T3- Kill off some Cavs. Our Trebs are pretty successful, knocking 5 hps(total) of 2 rifles.
    First Knight Army kills both of them, & razed Eddossa.
    Switch over a couple cities to settlers(in addition to the few we already have ordered up). I have a funny feeling a bit of land will be opening up for the settling in the very near future.
    Kill off a couple Iroquis as well.

IT- A knight bravely fends off a Cav attack.

Utica: Knight>Knight
    Saldae: Numid>Treb
    Sabratha: Settler>Treb
    Russidur: Settler>settler
    Thaenae: temple>treb
    Al-Kaf: walls>temple

T4- Our (6th) Knight army loses 7 hps, but kills 2 muskets revealing a conscript rifle alone guarding Lugdunum.
    (1st) Infantry, (5th)Med Inf, and all our trebs continue into unexplored Byzantine territory. (3rd) Horse, and (4th) Knight head back to heal.
    I finally lose a troop on offense, a knight is killed attacking a musket trying to creep through our territory.

IT- Not much, some Biz Cavs show running around avoiding our armies.
    Some red knights show up(Babylon?).

Carthage: Kn>Treb
    Kogoshima: Settler>musket
    Calaris: Treb>treb
    Cadiz: settler>musket

T5- (6th) Knight army loses a few more hps, takes out that rifle & razes Lugdunum. We net like 8 slaves.
    Give Hammi 140g for peace, because I don’t feeling like dealing with his knights while I have plans in the works.

IT- Musket fights off Cav, only loses 1 hp.
    A ton of orange guys show up(England?).

America & Germany sign alliance against Greece.
    Iroquois & Germany sign alliance against Byzantines.
    Iroquois & Germany sing alliance against Portugal.
    Japan & Babylonn sign alliance against America.

Cirta: Knight>musket

T6- Orange is Russia, I buy peace for 100g. We could probably kill all 16 or so knights they are running at us with, but it will stretch troops thing and their more needed elsewhere.
    Make peace with Incans for their TM & 1gpt(they actually pay us!). Now I see why, they have only 1 city left, and they wouldn’t even give up a tech. Cheap @#$@s!
    We take 3gpt, 11g & Greece’s TM for peace.

We’re now at war with………. the Byzantines & Iroquois. Hiawa is willing to pay us 300 gold for peace, but we’re starting to have unhappiness problems and St Regis just happens to be isolated from his empire and have gems. How convenient. A small division of troops will be outside the city in 3 turns, I had to take a detour around the mountains/jungles.

IT- Russia & Byzantines sign a trade embargo against us.
    Scandanavia & Germany sign alliance against Portugal.

Tingis: Treb>treb
    Leptis Magna: kn>kn
    Sabratha: treb>treb
    Rusicade: treb>musket

T7- Not much.

IT Smoke jaguar demands Chivalry. :lol: Knock yourself out, buddy.
    Japan & Germany sign alliance against Greece.
    Germany & Scandinavia sign alliance against Japan. The AI never fails to amaze me.

Saldae: Treb>knight
    Theveste: knight>knight
    Gades: treb>treb

T8- Found Zuchis.
    More killing Cavs, and the like.

This is about as good a spot to stop as any, I didn’t know if we were only playing 5 turns or not, so I compromised.

End o turn Report & pictures coming right up.

14. Gengis Khan

Gengis Khan Deity

This one pretty much speaks for itself. There’s 11 trebs under that Numid army, but they have to take off the majority of the attackers life, because the only attacker we have there is the Med Inf army.

Here’s the western front. I’ve been trying to hollow out Byzantine so anyone that wants to get settlers there will have to go through Byzantine, and with the way wars are spreading around I figure about half the world can’t get through because they’re at war.
    We’re seeing a couple attacks in Kogoshima coming through Japan, so know that they will get through. The majority of the strikes are coming along the road to the left of Osaka, or running up along the road towards Zouchis.

Here’s a closer picture of the west. I have 2 settlers in Osaka, 1 in Thaenae, and another with our stack heading towards Richborough.
    Our Stack contains 2 knights, 2 MIs, 2 muskets, 2 trebs, and a settler.

Here’s our stack moving in on St Regis for those diamonds. 3 Knights, a musket & 2 trebs with another 2 knights & a treb 1 tile behind them. The problem is………..

We have to hold them off for a couple turns. Long enough for us to take that city & make peace.

And here we have about 25 Russian & Bab knights marching across our territory unannounced. That’s always fun. I’m guessing their heading for Abe.

**End o’ Turn Report**
    *Military: 4 settlers, 6 workers, 7 warriors, 4 horsemen, 7 muskets, 20 knights, 5 cats, 6 armies, 35 numids, 8 MIs, and 24 trebs. It’s costing us 56 gpt but that will go down.
    *No one has started Smith’s yet, so we’re not “that far” behind in techs. We need banking bad though, we need some income in a bad way, we’re only making 55 gpt with lux & research both off(course the 150gpt we’re shelling out to other civs isn’t helping matters.)
    *We have a Biz caravel off our coast.

Good luck!
    Save

15. akots

akots Poet

I've downloaded the file which can be considered as got it. But I might have problems running the 1.15 patch. I'll try to try tomorrow or on Friday and then will either post the turnlog or state my inability to do so. It is not that bad after all. There is no infantly running around.

16. akots

akots Poet

Preturn check. The game inherited is in a really bad shape. We have a few clowns, we pay gpt to everyone, the players who played before me refuse to build more cities due to some apparently immanent stubbornness or inability to move around the settler units, and there are huge stacks of catapults/trebuchets trying to fight with cavalry/riflemen. It is a good general example of how the game of Civilization III should not be played. Nonetheless, some minor flaws could have been corrected including some relatively small investments of our cash on hand in various kinds of maps. I don’t see why we should continue the war against the Hiawatha. There are no alliances and we are not in a position to capture their cities. We are paying 56 gpt for unit support which is basically equal our net income. Our military includes 7 (!) warriors. Cities were micromanaged and income increased from 55 gpt to 69 gpt and some decreased time of production. Really, I very seldom inherit SG turn in such a bad shape. Overall, everything was OK. We got 6 techs in 5 turns. Order Toku to withdraw forces from our land and he does.

Press Enter. Inca and Portugal make peace. Byzantine cavalry bravely defeats our horsemen army which was in full health btw and captured 2 trebuchets underneath it. Germany has signed Iro against Japan. Iro and America sign peace.

[1] 890AD. Sing peace with Iro got Banking in exchange for 80 gpt. Trade Banking + iron for Chemistry + 81g + WM to Japan. Unfortunately, Astromony is not within reach at the moment. Actually, none of the civs has democracy yet. Nicaea falls to our heroic MDI army. Some troop movement. Renegotiate peace with America and trade Chemistry for Banking and exchange world maps as well. Trade Printing Press for spices from Maya. All this stuff from preturn check to the end of the first turn point took about 2 hours. Never feel like wasting my time in any other SG but in this one I do.

IBT. Babylon and Inca sign peace.

[2] 900AD. We capture Richborough from Theo. This brings us ivory.
    IBT. Germany and Iro allied against Inca. Some Byzantine cavalry advances. Germany greatly helps to repel their pressure. Minor incidents involve capture of our trebuchets and a couple of workers which are sacrificed.

[3] 910AD. Trebuchets recaptured. Nicae has been abandoned. Many troops and worker movements.
    IBT. Viking and Germany allied against Inca. Russia joined the dogpile. German cavalry is again saving our butt. Greece and Viking sign peace.

[4] 920AD. We ask Iro to remove their forces and they declare war. Rather cheap Banking indeed, only 160g. Built Embassy in Moscow for 150g. Also built Embassy in Babylon.
    IBT. All is more or less quiet.

[5] 930AD. Cancel alliance against Byzantine with Germany. Income jumps to 181gpt. Make peace with Theo and trade Physics for 87gpt in the process. Trade Physics + 27gpt to Babylon for Metallurgy + WM. Trade with America Physics+Metallurgy for Navigation+Music Theory + 8g+ 2gpt. Income is down to about 70gpt in the end. There is an opportunity to sell either Physics or Metallurgy to Greece for some luxury and gpt. Cancel RoP with Germany. We can also trade some ivory either to Germany or to Spain. There is also some spare gold in treasury which can be used to rush something, preferable settlers. We can try to grab some silks near Byzantine territory. There are lots of possibilities for tech brokering and if only we can make Theo declare war on us in the next turns, we can try to buy ToG and exchange it either for MT or Magnetism or both and get into Industrial Age. There are few weak point in our position however. First, Richborough may flip but we have Zama so that ivory can be kept. Second, Iro can buy alliances against us and especially unpleasant would be ones with Babylon, Russia or Germany. Well, Viking as well. America and Inca are down to a single city each, so we can probably safely buy from them for gpt within next turns. They’ll die soon anyhow.

Don’t really know who is up. Apparently gorm. If he cannot play, we need to look for a replacement but some strong player. Meanwhile Bello can play and then Andvrus IIRC.

SAVE

17. Commander Bello

Without having loaded the last saves, from reading I got the impression you did a good job, Akots!

Sorry to inform you that I won't be able to play this one this weekend. So it has to be Gorm, who is in charge anyway, as I feel.

18. akots

akots Poet

Hello, is there anybody out there? Gorm, Bello?

19. andvruss

andvruss Deity

:wavey: '''

20. andvruss

andvruss Deity

I would pick up the save if anyone is here.........don't want to play a SG for nothing (die right after).