Wanted: "easy" Deity maps

kevtrev

Chieftain
I can't be the only one here who finds Immortal too easy but Deity too hard.:cry::cry::cry:
Yeah I've beaten Deity a couple of times, but given how many hundreds of maps I've rolled, that's really not too impressive. My win ratio is utterly pathetic, something under 0.5%! In spite of this I don't want to go back to Immortal just yet, so...

This is a thread for easier Deity maps. I know there are some "easier" Deity games posted here on the forum (like Revent's recent Hatty game) but like an idiot I've looked in most of the spoilers and am no longer motivated to give them a go. Can somebody please share some of their easier maps (no BUFFY please)? Or perhaps even roll a map with favorable settings and check that we have a chance in World Builder, cooking it slightly if necessary? I, and no doubt several other Deity learners, would be very grateful...

You could install the HoF-mod and download the 4000 BC saves of the best games. It's very likely, that they'll have a very good start, and probably even a good map.

The map I'm currently playing turned out to be really nice (so far, ~2000BC). Awesome food, great cottaging, lots of forest, negligible barb trouble and with Cre/Fin Willem a strong leader that syncs very well with the map (FIN riverside, cheap libraries, easily accessible ocean fishies).

A strong military rush start with e.g. Rome, Egypt or Persia will definitely be easier, and if that's your thing Seraiel makes a good point in checking out the HOF games, which will have the required horse or iron right there.

But if you're looking for a more flexible opening, this Dutch game might be just the right thing. Also, it could be fun to compare our progress later.

It's a small high flat Terra, Normal speed, no huts/events.

Attachments

• Dutch BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    32.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Start.JPG
    Start.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 195
Thanks for the map Qactus, I'll give it a go when I get a chance and let you know how I get on.
@Seraiel Nice idea, I'll give it a try if all else fails

I just had an idea. Why don't you simply generate an easy map yourself? Choose your opponents when you set up the map, i. e. take no AGG opponents but more peaceful ones like the usual spacerace or diplo opponents (can be seen in HoF) . Then regenerate the map for so long, until you got at least a 1 Gold 1 5+ :food: resource. Only thing that then could happen, is that you get a map where you get boxed in early, but that won't happen so often, if you choose only 6 opponents. If you play Pangaea, you'll get good maps, that all are mostly similar. It's basically the combination of HoF map-generation + S&T standard / normal elititism ;) .

You can try the first Deity map I tried, where after a fair few reloads I managed to win. It was posted a while ago, so hopefully you haven't checked it out :)

Not sure if I would necessarily call it easy, but it has a mighty fine start. A little pointer however: there is more land / room for expansion to the east than it looks like. The game may be easier (than it was for me) if you try to take advantage of that.

This isn't a BUFFY map btw, so you should be able to play it with a 'normal' setup. The leader is Hannibal. FIN rocks and definitely makes it easier to keep up with the AI in early research.

Spoiler Starting location :

Start file (hope this works without needing to go to the thread itself...

Top Bottom