War at Sea in the Age of Sail 1650-1849

Delta_Strife

Deity
Supporter
Hello, here you will find my completed naval ships for this time period.

The thread itself is only for discussion of completed units. If you want to discuss other naval units not yet posted please visit my thread on the main creation page.

Currently I am not taking requests for this time period nor am I planning on doing many at the moment. These came about from persistent hints from our sound guy ;)

All of these units were converted from Sid Meier's Pirates!

A special thanks goes out to Wyrmshadow, Laurana Kanan, and Ares de Borg for all their help in making these units.

Misc Ships
Sloop
Brigantine
Fast Galleon
Frigate

Tartane
Fluyt
Xebec
Treasure Galleon
Merchantman
Manila Galleon

Royal Navy (British Navy)
Man-of-War

Well well looks like something blew into the harbour after years of toying around with the idea. I hope everyone enjoys! Side note is that the Man-of-war is just a reskin of frigate

Preview Below:
Spoiler :

Here is the new fleet (Orthanc's Ship-of-the-line on the far right for comparison) :)

Attachments

• ships.jpg
    ships.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,830
Age of Sail in gam the "Merchantman"
:love:

good Sail Ship
thanks

:old:
Wotan49

Attachments

• Merchantman.jpg
    Merchantman.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,582
After a quick inspection via time machine (aka save game editor ;), I have now reached Astronomy and Magnetism with the new ships first time. ;)

During the installation I found that the Sloop and the Fluyt have been using the same file designation as those of Orthanc, so I relabeled both as "Deltasloop" and "Deltafluyt".

I really like, that they have roughtly the same scale as the sailing ships by Orthanc, Aaglo and others (only the Treasure Galleon looks to small in my eyes. ;) ).

Only the sails have been to dark shadowed for my taste. In comparsion to the other ships, they look, like they are permamently sailing through dawn and night (see also Ares "Huzzah" picture). ;)

But this can be my personal taste only. ;)

Great work, Delta! The rigging on the ships is looking superfine. :p

Only the sails have been to dark shadowed for my taste. In comparsion to the other ships, they look, like they are permamently sailing through dawn and night (see also Ares "Huzzah" picture). ;)

That's Bryce for you. Always a struggle to get more light in there.

Great sounds as usual. The Man o War fidget is perfect.

Hey everyone thanks for everything. Yes sails are a bit dark but like tony said that is bryce for you.

Update: Last two ships Xebec and Brigantine uploaded. Preview Below:

Spoiler :

Lovely as ever!

And Astronomy, Navigation and Magnetism become much less uniform. ;)

BTW: What does "bryce" mean? I have been unable to find a translation. :blush:

Once upon a time, a guy named Ebenezer Bryce found a nice canyon. Many years later, some IT guy liked the canyon so much, he named some software after it. ;)
Btw, Bryce Canyon is quite a sight. Has been some years since I've been there, but I do remember being impressed.

Great job, Delta Strife! Many thanks. BTW, have you ever thought about doing medieval era ships? Cheers.

Top Bottom