War Hammer 40,000 Mod

Well, in a world with 7-foot tall superhuman warriors, Hulking green aliens twice the size of a man, Yes, a guardsman is too short.

Nice unit smoking mirror.

Don't forget to make sure that the race tech trees are impenetrable, just as a side note.

I would transfer my old imperial tech tree, but I dont think I have it anymore.

No, I mean he looks too short in comparison even to the Orks.

And for the last Time, only the Nid have their own special tech tree. Everyone esle sues the same basic tree with special racial specific techs.

its my first try at a Open FX human, seems a few difficulties with size, but hopefully get it worked out. :) I'm not going to do loads, but may make a few versions. Got other things I'm doing at the moment.

May I suggest having different terms for the "very hard" armour resources? I think Titanium, Ceramite, and Adamantium are the way to go, but I'm not insisting on those. But something better than "1, 2, and 3", surely?

Ideas when this thing will be coming out, like in before 2005 or something like that?
Only wondering hope I don't sound like a big nag

Sobassis said:
Ideas when this thing will be coming out, like in before 2005 or something like that?
Only wondering hope I don't sound like a big nag

2005? Oh thats Funny. More like, 2025. Look, Kid there ALOT of work here and we've only just nicked the surface. Unlike other mods which can use graphics from standard Civ 3 and even most units made by the creators here, we need all new stuff. So Hold your horses.

Goldflash said:
2005? Oh thats Funny. More like, 2025. Look, Kid there ALOT of work here and we've only just nicked the surface. Unlike other mods which can use graphics from standard Civ 3 and even most units made by the creators here, we need all new stuff. So Hold your horses.
We might be able to get 2 civs done by 2005... maybe. It really depends on how much help from other unit creators we get (correct me if I'm wrong Goldflash, but I think units are the main problem) - I think perhaps some of the more generic units could be promoted to other unit creaters, the Imperial units for instance, and most of the vehicles, though not all of them.

Thee Three main areas We need graphics for is Units, Buildings, and LEaderheads. Units is By far the biggest, though.

You could do what Games workshop is doing with the new 40K Epic, just pick a particular campaign, like Armagedon (Orks vs Humans), or the Horus Heresy Space marines vs Space marines), get the techs, leaderheads etc... done for that campaign and then later start to release expansion packs, to allow other races and planets.

so you could start with the horus heresy, and just make space marines. Add some special chaos units (at the time, the traitor marines didn't yet look all that different from the normal marines), and then work towards introducing a Armagedon campaign pack, with all the orks.

The only real problem with this, is that you already have lots of orks, but few space marines... Perhaps you could start with gorkamorka....

Smoking mirror said:
You could do what Games workshop is doing with the new 40K Epic, just pick a particular campaign, like Armagedon (Orks vs Humans), or the Horus Heresy Space marines vs Space marines), get the techs, leaderheads etc... done for that campaign and then later start to release expansion packs, to allow other races and planets.

so you could start with the horus heresy, and just make space marines. Add some special chaos units (at the time, the traitor marines didn't yet look all that different from the normal marines), and then work towards introducing a Armagedon campaign pack, with all the orks.

The only real problem with this, is that you already have lots of orks, but few space marines... Perhaps you could start with gorkamorka....
I think this is a good idea, though we should be working towards an overall mod. Maybe if we work through one race at a time unit-wise, then some modder can organise them into a scenario, such as Gorkamorka (Orks stranded on a planet fighting each other), the Horus Heresy (Chaos space marines fighting loyal space marines), or one of the many battles for Armagedon.

Yeah. We're doing a mod... but I'm pretty sure the first Beta I relase will just have the Orks. Anyway I have to finish the Luxuries... and I think I need to revamp the Nid tech tree.

I found a long (really long) word document on wh40k. It is over a meg, but has just about everything ever written you might want to know. If you want me to email it, pm me or something.

Anybody gettin Dawn of War? Figure out how to port the sounds from it... We really need a nice, hearty, WAAAAGH!

Goldflash said:
Anybody gettin Dawn of War? Figure out how to port the sounds from it... We really need a nice, hearty, WAAAAGH!
I'm getting it, as soon as it comes out over here (Friday). This unfortunetely will cause me to pause unit making, for about a week. I have the demo, and it's quite fun. There is a modding community starting at http://forums.relicnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=96, which looks quite interesting, I'll might ask in a few weeks about sounds, but I don't think they can do it yet.

Ummm. Some clever person with a fancy bit of kit might be able to extract sounds from the intro, which is in .avi format. I might give it a go some time. You can get the intro without buying the game, as it comes with the demo.

Okay. Good. Yeah, I just had a game break of my self for Fable. Dissapointingly short. Back to the 40K mod.

In other news-

Resources:

Bonus (Ecological)
Grox
Fruit
Cereal Grains
Mushrooms

Bonus (Marine)
Kelp
Mineral Bed
Sea Life
Fish

Bonus (Geological)
Fossils
Fossil Fuels
Geyser
Soemthing Else

Strategic

Adamantium I, II, III
Crystals
Cameleonline
Petrol
Plasma
Promethium
Mounts
Eldaril
(Something for Anti-Grav Vehichles)

Luxury

Alcohol
Aphrodisiacs
Gems
Platnium
Dahlflogs (An Animal that I made up with big tusks)
Delicacies
Stims
Something Else

In Other Other news

I'm not happy with the Tyranid Tech Tree but I'm not going to change it yet.

Somrthing I've found.... the question is.. What Material?

Gravitic Reactors are powered from a surrounding magnetic field - such as a planet. They have the ability to counteract gravitational affects, and form the basis for gravity based motors, and suspensors. The technology used in their manufacture belongs to the past. Fortunately a vast reserve of raw material still remains on Earth, from which gravitic reactors can be made utilising conventional technology. Once this store of material is used up, however, further production will be impossible.

Top Bottom