Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.5

LordBaal, please upload your modified version if possible.

I always return to this mod every few years and I remember quitting 3 years ago because enemy AI Khemri required to much micro/hassle to overcome. So your changes seem logical and even Kitomakazu.made similar changes.

I mainly come back hoping to see if mrtn has continued development. Isn't there room for 2 or 3 more civs? Which civs should they add?? I don't remember clearly now... but wasn't this mod missing Squigs!!! It will never be a complete Warhammer mod without them!

The only thing I miss while playing this mod is changing governments, which is a huge part of civ for me but I understand why this mod is structured that way.

Anyways, thanks for people like LordBaal and Kitomakazu for discussing their changes to gameplay. It's interesting to read and helps polish-up this mod

I love this warhammer mod, definitely inspired me! Mrtn did a great job with this. A lot of fun to revisit, as you mentioned.

I'm a big fan of some of the interface changes made in warhammer as well.

If you are looking for a fantasy mod with governments, you can also try my mod (link in signature).

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/tides-of-crimson-fantasy-mod.399007/

Last edited:
Wow dude that mod seems amazing! Sadly I lost all the changes made to the mod, but since I wrote most of the down in there I could easily replicate it (or anyone else, really). Going to try your mod. Would you care if I try to make a sub-mod of your with only Warhamer themed factions?

Hi LordBeal,
Thanks for your kind words! I wouldn't mind if you used some parts of the interface or maybe a few graphics here and there (since I've gotten help/material from others as well), but I wouldn't want another mod out there that is based on this one with some faction changes. Just trying to keep the theme consistent to ToC's originality and gameplay. I hope you can understand. :)

I would, however, be open to teamwork if you have ideas that can help us work together and make ToC better!

Thanks!

Yeah, it would be more of like importing some interfaces and stuff to the Warhammer mod. Thanks! Also is more like something I would do in a long time, not a dedicated effort.

Ok yeah no problem. In that sense, feel free to do that or use anything else you would like! Flattered that you would think to use material from my mod!

Also hope you enjoy ToC! Let me know what you think when you get a chance to play.

Kind Regards

Last edited:
Hello haluu, Never got around to try it because had lost my laptop. Now I'm back, and finding out that uploaded to closed down... luckily I still have the mod files. I'll be uploading them again here for any new person that might come around.

Hi! Have some interface issues names in this mod. As you can see in the screenshot below in the lower right corner there is wrong namings - Alliance instead of Gold, Name instead of per turn, OK instead of turns. In vanilla game all looks correct.
Windows 11, Civilization 3 Complete 1.22 Steam Version
civ3_wh_bug.jpg

This is most likely the "Steam labels" incompatibility (again!).

The Steam (multiplayer) version of C3C requires an extra line "Unknown" in the labels.txt file, in between the lines "Ping" and "Host". The base-game's labels.txt file was already adjusted accordingly by Steam when they converted (or more precisely, reverted) their installer-package to the MP-capable version, but mods originally made for the single-player version of C3C (including the WHF mod) will not include this line in their mod-specific labels.txt file.

Go into your ..Conquests/Scenarios/[WHF-mod]/Text/ folder, open the labels.txt file that you should be able to find there, edit it accordingly, and you should be good to go.

Last edited:
This is most likely the "Steam labels" incompatibility (again!).

The Steam (multiplayer) version of C3C requires an extra line "Unknown" in the labels.txt file, in between the lines "Ping" and "Host". The base-game's labels.txt file was already adjusted accordingly by Steam when they converted (or more precisely, reverted) their installer-package to the MP-capable version, but mods originally made for the single-player version of C3C (including the WHF mod) will not include this line in their mod-specific labels.txt file.

Go into your ..Conquests/Scenarios/[WHF-mod]/Text/ folder, open the labels.txt file that you should be able to find there, edit it accordingly, and you should be good to go.
Thank you, that's help me!

Top Bottom