1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.5

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by mrtn, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Nathiri

Nathiri Commander

Text folder inside the mod folder. Open the labels.txt and go down and add Unknown between PING and Host. It's only a little ways down.

But, are you sure you have the mod folder properly installed in Scenarios?

2. wakachaka

wakachaka Chieftain

found and did that, no more problems. thanks
    Is this something I have to do for any mod I download for civ 3 through steam?

3. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

Yes, If the MOD was other than the Steam version. Easy enough to test any of them if you have problems.

4. Nathiri

Nathiri Commander

Yes as Vuldacon said, unless the mod was made with steam version, then the disc users has to do the process in reverse.

This only happened when Steam updated civ3 to add the online servers back in. Before it was identical and disc users and steam users could play with each other by Direct IP.

Some mods like CCM and mine include an edited labels.txt for easy swap by renaming so you dont have to open it up.

You can also get around this problem by using a hacked exe (like NoRaze), as that uses the old format of labels.txt. The steam labels.txt is out of order on that as it uses the disc format.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  5. LordBaal

LordBaal Sistem Lord

Interesting changes.

Since I'm staying awake almost all night because of... reasons, I started to work on this. I added the changes on the pyramids to my own copy of the mod, as for the Spell of Awakening, I just made the building Raise the Dead it puts on every city on the same continent rise a skeleton every 16 turns instead of 4. The effect is really mitigated.

I also modified the gunpowder units to be offensive instead of defensive, they have all higher attacks than the sword top tier units, but poorer defense than this units. The blunderbus is the only exception which remains a superb defensive unit. Also are more expensive so no unit truly becomes obsolete. You can still deploy pikemen for defense, gun units as attackers and sword units as the middle ground sliding more into the offense than the defense. Archers are a tad nerfed and get similar attacks than those of the swordmen with less defense, kind of "gunpowder lite" units.

Also stopped Wizard Guilds pumping spells automatically, and a lot of buildings/wonders that pumped units now take longer. A merc every 6 turns was way too much for me, so is not every 20 turns, the same with knight orders. Oh I wish there were a way to limit how much of an unit is active so i.e. the knightly orders only pump 10 units and then stop until one of those units die so they pump one to get back to ten.

Also made Mount Arachnos available to chaos factions only.

Made The Great Cathedral put a Shrine in every city but removed the happiness in all cities bonus.

Made the Great Bazar put a market on every city.

The war academy now can build armies and increase the chance of leaders appearing, while the Great School of war increases army size and value, requiring a victorious army.

The Waggh can now build armies too.

I'm thinking reworking the mercenary building so is a small wonder that require a new resource called Dogs of War (perhaps even in the city radius) that would act like Ogres or beast, in that it would be a resource that would have high chances of "disappearing" and thus reappearing someplace else so acting like the roving bands of mercs. Or perhaps ditch the whole building and make the unit recruitable at low cost but requiring the resource. This resource would lower shields and food output -1 each representing the mercs eating away local resources but would increase the trade by 1 as they spend their war spoils in the local establishments. In this case which is the most likely I would take the Tilean mercenary will remain the same so they can always recruit mercenaries and a duplicated merc will be available to the rest of the civilizations that could recruit mercenaries, which would probably be all except undead. Dunno if Skaven, lizarmen or orcs would hire them.

Also making the thieves guild building a small wonder.

Also toying around with the idea of making some buildings called Dwarven underways, skaven underways... and so on, that would act as airports and would transport an unit from a city to the other, thus acting like both cities are connected by the underground. Dunno if this was thought when originally developing the mod.

BTW I posted a labels.txt fix just a few posts ago, is not working or haven't you tried?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  6. texdionis

texdionis Chieftain

Hello there, just reinstalled Civ3 after a long time to play again this masterpiece of a mod.
    Apart from the text being a little messy (a Steam related issue?), I experienced a crash in my first game when I happen to found my third city...

7. Nathiri

Nathiri Commander

Fix labels.txt, and at least first issue is solved, but I think even 2nd will be. Basically open up labels.txt in notepad, search for PING, and add an extra line between PING and Host and put Unknown. This is a steam difference :).

8. texdionis

texdionis Chieftain

Thank you :thumbsup:

9. KingArthur

KingArthur Tinkering with biqs

In honour of my favourite mod I upload my Orc Onslaught Story which featured in Civ3 Stories and Tales many, many moons ago. I may have to reinstall the mod to finish the story.

Attached Files:

10. LordBaal

LordBaal Sistem Lord

By all means do so!

11. Erachlin

Erachlin Chieftain

Hi, is anybody here? :)
    I'm playing Warhammer 2,5 mod (it's good like ... :smoke:)
    Kai's Olde Worlde v1.52 map
    Dwarfs. About 1525 year (few hours of addictive game:)

Game crashes (exit) with such communicate:
    File not found
    "Art\Units\Magician\..\..\..\..\..\..\CIV3PTW\art\Units\King Mongol\x_Temujindefault.flc"

In Scenario WH2 in file Magician, there is no x_Temujindefault.flc (file magician, compare to other unit's files is quite empty)
    I found it in CIV3PTW\art\Units\King Mongo (with few others typical for another unit's files like: death, fidget run).
    I copied it to Art\Units\Magician, but it didn't help :/

At this moment have no idea what to do.
    Karaz-a-Karak needs help:king:

12. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

Erachlin... Did you Copy all files including the .ini file to the Magician Folder?
    You need to replace the .ini file or the .ini will still try to use the link for the files.

13. Erachlin

Erachlin Chieftain

It works with renaming ini file: KingMongol to magician.
    Thanks!

EDIT
    The same problem is with Spy and Fire catapult. Solution - like Vuldacon said: copy all files from proper folder to WH2 units folder.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019 at 12:05 PM