1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Warlords: Total Realism 2.0

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Realism Invictus' started by Houman, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

yeah this can be done easily. No problem. We have just to sort out the bugs we have right now. I hope this weekend we can release Beta 2.

2. Mexico

Mexico TR senior programmer

@MindProphetX: no border after cature
    this is bug in python (i forget to update some python code when optimizing other parts..) - if you want to update this before patch:
    file:CvEventManager.py
    method: onCityAcquired
    line 860/861:
    must change variable city to pCity

@Hian the Frog: slavery and great wall:
    this can be problem - when designed slavery rebelion, we never know about this feature - this must be checked somewhere in SDK, so for now it will be not fxed in next release

@warkirby: great wall update:
    no, this can't be done - same limitation is in normal warlords and it is documented - great wall never expand after builded

@rickaucoin, storm6436: install problem
    read my post in bug thread about this ( i need some registry info from you for installer update)

Mercenary duplicate
    because i was never played game with more then 6 civs, i never meet this bug. you are right, it is most critical bug in Warlord beat release, now i am starting working on this

PackBuild tool
    thank for link, i will test this. If this will be working ( as i hope that it will), all next releases will use this

3. upstart

upstart Warlord

Will this beta 2 version include ranged combat from Dale's mod perhaps?

4. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

No, not yet. The code is almost bug free, yet not perfectly balanced. Siege is overpowered. This has to wait.

5. MindProphetX

MindProphetX Chieftain

I agree with your remark about the seige Houman. Seriously that and you still have people whining that the game is too much defensively balanced, thats b/s because it seems to easy now to take a city regardless of who is defending with only a couple of catapults.

6. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

But you can just as easily defend with siege weapons

Warkirby

7. storm6436

storm6436 Chieftain

Couple of 'pults in a city makes it pretty hard to take... especially if you have mounted units in the city. Pult up the attacking stack, then splat the hell out of the stack with the mounts. Works great with US Cav. Wish they got Blitz :(

8. Mexico

Mexico TR senior programmer

this strange bug is not bug in mercenary code itself, it depend on StackAid problem - for all players with ID > 20 (StackAid was designed for support 20 civs), StackAid update (after place mercenary in city) failed, which lead to cancel merc placement code -> merc unit is not deleted from wait pool -> is placed again in next few turns -> error in stack aid, not deleted from pool -> and again and again....

quick solve:
    edit StackAid.py (Total Realism/Assets/Python/ directory )
    at lines 44-48, there is something like
    aScout = [0,0,...,0]
    aSiege = [0,0,...,0]

each array must contain at least twenty-five 0 (zeros) - 24 for max civ, 25th for barbarian

then you can delete cloned merc - maybe some merc will arrive again (because is in pool), but after that it will be removed from pool correctly and not cloned in future

Mexico

EDIT: in TR world map, player with ID > 20 (which is affected with this bug) is:
    Mehmed II
    Ragnar
    Shaka
    Brennus

and another note: somewhere in Warlords bug thread was mentioned Mehmed II bug, which can lead in CTD for some graphics cards (when meet Mehmet) - if you are affected, read this:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=181960

(this will be included in next patch from Firaxis)

9. Hian the Frog

Hian the Frog TR Designer and XML

Mexico,

Thanks for correcting merc cloning bug.:goodjob: I will try again the TR world map now. :D

The :D Frog

10. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

We are targetting Beta 2 for this weekend. Lets cross the fingers that we get finished...

11. Exerior

Exerior Chieftain

lol, don't know if i have pushed this bug finding - but i have reported the bug with too small arrays (i want to understand how the stack combat code works ^^)

Nice work to figure out, that this cause mercenary clones !!!

12. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Guys,

I need badly first and last names for the following civs asap. I need them in order to use them for the name generator.

Celtic
    Ottoman (Turkish)
    Korean
    Viking (Scandinavia)
    Carthage
    Zulu

Many thanks
    Houman

13. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

Vikings.

Erik the Red
    Olaf
    Hagar
    Baelog
    Ongar
    Jorak

As faer as I know, vikings used the first names of their father, with son on the end.

Sven Eriksson is the son of Erik
    Olaf Svensson is the son of Sven
    Hagar Olafsson is the son of Olaf
    you get the idea.

Also put in King Canute maybe as a GG

14. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

Ottomans

Selim I

Mustafa Kamal

Murad IV

Turgut Reis

Murad II

Suleiman the Magnificent

How are the great generals going to be implemented in gold version? similiar to TR for vanilla civ, or how the great generals function in warlords?

15. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

Carthage

Hamilcar Barca

Xanthippus

Maharbal

Hasdrubal Barca(maybe, a little unsuccessful as a general)

Mago Barca

If you have the great generals as it is in warlords, then you dont need too many names, i think. Great Generals dont come as often as they did in TR for vanilla civ.

16. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

Zulu(commanders during the anglo-zulu war)

Ntshingwayo Khoza

Cetshwayo

Somopho kaZikhala

17. riesscar

riesscar Chieftain

Will ya'll be using any regiments or 5-civ formations? I love this mod, but it loses much of its potential due to boring formations. I'm glad to help add it if you're interested.

18. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

We had regiment and got rid of it. It makes it too slow for most players. It is only decoration anyway. ;)

19. $ailor

$ailor Chieftain

I have yet been able to trade techs with any Civs. I am in 1946 and just finished scientific method. I know some Civs have other techs because I have a spy in a city and know what they are building. I load the game from the start menu and load it thru TR. Where do I turn on the trade tech button? I have looked all over and can not find it. Yes I had the alphabet and writing a very long time ago.

20. vicentiko

vicentiko Chieftain

is it available already total realism for warlords?