Warlords: Total Realism 2.0

Sailor, Tech Trade works not not in Vanilla. Once you have open borders and the other civ has a higher tech, you learn from the civ by having open borders agreement with him. Do not turn on the tech trade or the game might crash.

Vincentiko,
Not yet. Working still on Beta 2.

Regards
Houman

@houman

what are some additions you are planning to add to the GOLD version that will be release in a few weeks?:mischief: hopefully!!

i am just really curious and would really like to know some of the plans. Any sort of preview?...:twitch:

Mexico and I have fixed loads of bugs. This is the first time that we are public beta testing a release like this. And it works really good.

Major changes beside what is already discussed and you know are:

Favorite Religion mod: The leaders have a authentic religion favorite and once they discover it they convert into it. Saladin becomes Muslim and Asoka Buddist, Napoleon Christian etc.

The Generals is hopefully fixed so that the generals would have civ specific names made by a random name generator.

Promotions are completely redone. They are stronger, more unique than before, the role playing aspect is stronger, since specialization of units make more sense. AID Promotions (Stacks of units on a tile) are a bit stronger than before. In general Attacking is a bit buffed, having one Archer fortified for 5 turns in a city isn't good enough. The Hero promotions will be back. The green Avatar ones that are extremly rare, but if a unit gets it... Bad promotions (perks) can be done as well. BUt we don;t know how to implement them. After which event shall a unit get a perk promotion?

Barbarian Generals Mod, Fighting against Barbarins will also give the chance of getting a Great General. However Barbariens can get Great Generals too and kick your butt.

A bit more Unit re balancing such as limited Conquistators (only 7 but strong). And maybe more units...have to read suggestions and analyse if they are justified.

Rome is getting a bit more of stronger Units so that they hopefully do better.

Starting points of new civs will get a bit more starting resources.

Religions are redone. I had a mistake in Missionary aspect that is now fixed. Religion spread rate with the new Favorite religion feature will be a new experience.

New Inquisition Mod that replaces teh old one. AI knows how to use it.

There will be definitely a Beta 2 coming out before the gold version. I wish to have a bug free version for Gold.

Mercenaries are much cheaper to recruit and to maintain. However you get also much less money if they are recruited from you. And they should keep cost upkeep if you put them in the queue (no more exploiting of this feature). And once they are in teh queue and you want them back it takes twice as long as before tpo get them back. (Only if you are their home land, mean you made them in first place)

Houman

greg_godwin said:
where can I download TR Warlords Beta 1? or is it only available to select testers?

Hi man,

No there is no selected testers. Have a look on post number 18, if i'm right, on this thread. There is a link.

The Frog.

Hian the Frog said:
Hi man,

No there is no selected testers. Have a look on post number 18, if i'm right, on this thread. There is a link.

The Frog.

i m waiting the gold version with all friend and support you

ciao

bu e babi:goodjob:

Attachments

• mpython.gif
    mpython.gif
    18.7 KB · Views: 89
Incompatible saves? awwww....

Oh well. Can't be helped. I shall valiantly toss aside yet anothersave to test this beta for you.

I've only ever finished one game of Civ, and it's because I cheated.

WarKirby

I tried to play the Beta 2 with a friend on LAN ... the game goes out of sync after the 7 round ... :(

just started the game and the shortcut still crash.
But a good news!!! my civilopedia work in french!!! :goodjob: :goodjob:
i may try the gme in the next day to find bug!

I must thank especially Mexico for all of this endless support, without him Beta 2 would never been possible. Do not underestimate Beta 2. It is the most different release than before. Load os new features. We will also bring a Beta 3 before going gold. We couldn't implement the Flying Mod and new Inquisition Mod in for this release. The game is almost bug free and looking very promising.

Have a great time and do not forget to report us back. Like always mention, if your save games are from Beta 2.

Thanks
HOuman

I will try right now. Nice to see you are considering doctors. Would seem very interesting.

I think Fireaxis has scheduled for a patch for warlords to be released sometime this month. So for the next beta(beta3) should probably be delayed until the patch comes out. As I think this will decrease the amount of work.:)

Does the player still have the option to raze cities? The reason I ask is because I've taken several cities of varying sizes and have been unable to raze any.

:nuke: BIG PROBLEM :nuke:

The attack promotion is horribly overpowered. Maybe you preesed the wrong button while typing a value Houman?

It gives +32% Strength and -12% Defence in all terrain. The problem is that that still works out at

+32% Attack
+20% Defence

Aside from the 32% attack being too powerful, and once again making City Attack promotion useless, it also grants a defence promotion equal to that of the City Defence, except that it works everywhere.

Given that the defence penalty is -12%, I assume the attack bonus was meant to be 12% also?

Personally, I would actually make it a 20% attack bonus, but make the defence penalty -30% so you actually sacrifice defence to gain attack.

Anyway, whether you take my suggestion ort just make it the way you intended, this is a HUGE bug and must be rectified immediately. It completely destroys the balance of the game.

WarKirby

Damn, it seems I made a mistake....I will explain tonight what the idea of the promotion is based on. (Number wise)

Attack should have had -44% on defense. I calculated wrong. I present the those idea and values and we talk about it tonight. Then we provide you with a hotpatch...

Defense promotion is likewise a bit too strong. +20% in all terrain makes Garrison Promotion useless. Less of an issue than the attack thing though.

Your -44% defence on the attack promotion seems fair. I fixed the attack myself, just set it to 12% to match the penalty. But that way seems better.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me and my cousin started a hotseat game, and it's not going well. I have only just discovered archery, and stalin is lined up outside my capital with a huge force of archers and chariots.

I concentrated on economic development and founding Zoroastrianism, and neglected my defenses. I'm going to alter the XML a litle to allow me to survive, (crank up defense promotion to 1000%) seeing as worldbuilder is disabled in mulitplayer. I hope the changes will take effect mid game....

WarKirby

Top Bottom