Warning: Something's Not Right Here!

Nobody

Gangster
Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
forums.civfanatics.com contains content from ad.bannerconnect.net, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
Google has found that malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed. Why not try again tomorrow or go somewhere else?

My computer pops up with a big red screen saying that when i go on the civfanatics forums today.

Is it something to be worried about?

Yep, got this as well. On Safari AND Chrome. Luckily, it's doesn't seem to be doing it on Camino, so I'll use that. Seriously, the site is almost unusable when it pops up. It's ruddy infuriating. :mad:

Just further checking: Chrome + Safari use the safe browsing API from google, which currently says here that one page has been infected via this website in the last 90 days.

Considering that this was only one occassion, and that injection of malicious ads can happen without the distributor knowing about it, i'd say this is a false alarm.

Over another forum (click), i found that it's obviously a wrong alert, see http://www.bannerconnect.net/:

Between 10:30 am and 16:30 pm (CET) today (Friday 16 September), Google flagged our ad serving web domain as a possible malware threat.

According to our account manager this was caused by a malware incident on another seat of the Google ad exchange and did not originate from the BannerConnect seat. During this incident a call was made to our domain,ad.bannerconnect.net, which was immediately blacklisted by Google in an attempt to stop the spread of malware.

Google takes malware very seriously and therefore reacted rapidly to investigate the origin of the malware issue and has confirmed BannerConnect had nothing to do with the issue.

Google has immediately lifted all blockades concerning the BannerConnect ad serving domain and there will be an official statement on this issue after the weekend.

We truly apologize for the inconveniences caused and we appreciate your ongoing support.

Thank you all and enjoy your weekend!

Edit: :blush: oops, seems ths lead to unwarranted work, sorry :blush:.

Top Bottom