We need Reform!! We should have political parties

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe we should have them... Someone post a 3 day poll over it and see how many people vote yes.

So many people keep complaining about how there is no real discussion, everything just goes to polls and polls are useless due to lack of information. Political parties will make this ten times worse b/c people will stop thinking for themselves and let the party do thier thinking. Parties are not only a waste of time, but will make the demo game really redundant and boring.

Originally posted by Myartar
Edrix just posted here that the political parties just ended making everything a mess w/ all the mudslinging and stuff. I like the current system here b/c we vote for who will do better, not who's in your party.

i agree 100% the american model seems to fail in certain areas.
it does not fail often but when it does its pretty bad.

a little political humor - James Traficant was recently booted from congress by a vote of 420-1

1? you say? yes our old friend from california Gary Condit.

CNN story

If passed then maybe there should be a poll for which system would be used.

I'm voting against it and I'm taking my block with me ;)
I think parties are harmful, but I think we should have each candidate give a speech about what they intend for the position and an outline of what they have so far done. This would hopefully give some indication of a candidate's worth!

Yes, that's exactly why I supports parties, 'cos at the moment when I vote in one of the elections I don't even know who I'm voting for, and what they are going to do when they get the job. So I think the system we have at the moment could be improved.

Over in the Civ 2 Demogame we posted a campaigns thread and had cadidates post thier policies and other info in there. Worked pretty well.

Political partys don't tell you where a person stands on issues. Look at Senator John McCain(R) who should be a Democrat and Sen. Jean Carnahan(D) who should be a Republican. They oppose thier party on most issues, yet they remain in the wrong party just so they can get the votes from people who vote just on the basis of political parties.

Haveing a way to get where people stand on issues is a must, or our elections are nothing more than popularity contests, but political parties WILL NOT help.

Political parties will be great. It will get our newpaper, The Phoenitican Weekly Standard (I think that is its name) something to write about. There will be power-struggle, scandals and corruption. It will be great!!!

Political Parties will be boring. We'll go thru the grand promenade of appointing new political leaders (as opposed to concentrating on the issues or the path of the game), and then because we made the "BIG" step of turning to the party system, we'll be stuck with them. They will just weigh the game down and cause more separation of the masses. I can see it now. we'll separate the blacks from the whites, the young from the old, the euros from the yanks.
People, separation is not what we need. Unity should be our goal.

We could make political parties like citizens group... Something to be proud of. IE:

We could have a ?(5 might do nicely) amount of politcal parties aloud the person who started it is the leader till the members vote him out or he retires(or a new game starts). Each political party just tries to get it's canadates into office ie: advertising for them etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom