We need Reform!! We should have political parties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterz

Talking Dog
Yes, i know it is against the constitution, but maybe parties could get citizens more involved in government. See we could have it based on Australian Parliament. See the party with the majority of seats would become the leadership, government of the day. And the President or PrimeMinister will choose what positions the citizens will be and then the opposition or other parties say democrats and Labor could vote for or against it. We could even had houses of parliament. Senate and the House of Representatives. If anyone has any questions contact seany114@hotmail.com:king: :egypt:

Put this in the citizens forum waterz, if 2 peep support it you may be able to put a poll up, and the poll wins then this'll pass

Yes, definitely get this moved to the Citizen forum. Nobody will see it in the general forum. Just post a request in the Needed Things thread in the general forum and ask Duke to move this thread.

This topic is part of the new Code of Laws, which are being constructed right now. You can give direct input/debate about it in that thread. LINK

Well, Waterz is from Australia... :)

Yeah the Australian parliament is based on the UK's, but one thing we shouldn't let anyone like John Howard become PM ok! But im asking should i post a poll??

Yeah post a poll: should John Howard be PM, the citizens of Phoenatica are surely smarter than Australian voters (esp those in Bennelong - no-one but Waterz will get this, if you do, you are super freaky, or Aussie). But our model is a good one, just not for the game. In RL, we vote in a Gov, then they appoint ministers. The advantage we have here is that we get to appoint each position independantly. Just think, if most Phoenaticans were pacifits (indulge my wacky hypothetical), then the Millitary Minister would have to be a pacifits. This is like sending a mongoose to hunt a lion, we would be crushed instantly by our enmies. On the other hand, it may be better to have a pacifist fiscal dude as trade minister (not that there is anything wrong with a trade minister being in the war church ;) ). Thus, political parties can't work. However I think it would be good for groups to put foward candidates as preferred, and these candidates may be elected by micro-voting within citizen groups or whatever. Just as long as no public is conditional on another. (eg the pres must be from the ruling party)

yep, I agree "minister" sounds better than "leader".

I would support the British model, 'cos I've no idea what the Australia model is like. There should definitely be parties, they have them at Apolyton, but I think we should have more than two.

Edrix just posted here that the political parties just ended making everything a mess w/ all the mudslinging and stuff. I like the current system here b/c we vote for who will do better, not who's in your party.

The whole party system is a complete joke everywhere in RL. Because of parties, regualar citizens get screwed b/c few politicans vote with only thier consituents in mind, but instead, they vote with thier party in mind. So the real loyalties are to those who they don't represent, which defeats the purpose!!! Now that I'm done grandstanding, I think political parties will ruin the current system we have now. :)

Yeah, the status quo isn't bad.

I'm running for the governor of province 9!
Vote for me everyone!:D;) :king: :cool:

We should base it on the Norwegian System. There are no limits to how many parties you can have in Norway. We have plenty.

At the last election in Norway (1 year ago) 2 comedians decided to make a party and run just as a prank. Their party got much more votes than anticipated, and the comedians were really nervous that they might get a seat in the government, because they had no clue about running a country. :D True story!

There's no limits on parties in the US either, just there's only 2 Major parties which are normally the only ones who have a chance of winning, NORMALLY. The Republicans (Conservatives :goodjob: ) and the Democrats (Liberals, not compared to the European liberals of course)

I know that in theory you can many parties in the US. But do you think the comedians could pull off what they did, in the US? I don't think so. In Norway new parties have a chance to become big. It is not normal, but there is a chance

Ha! There's only one Political Party in America. It just has two heads.

Political Parties? This could work two ways...

Very badly, or very good.

Depends on the people involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom