[We the People] Bug reporting

That's a useful savegame to hunting whatever desync bug we have. Something is messed up with Frederiksberg. It doesn't produce the same amount of culture on both computers. It also looks like the computers disagree on other stuff like tool production (Frederiksberg too?). I have no idea why (pending further investigation), but at least we now have an idea about which part of the code is buggy.

Ok. So here are the remaining saves from that game. We reloaded and kept on playing several times. Maybe you can get some info from comparing the savegames.

Attachments

• savegames.rar
    2 MB · Views: 84
Hi Folks,

I assume I found a bug. I activated "reduce distance between colonies to 1" at start. Now I tried to establish a colony between 3 others (see as follows). One other colony in the north, one at south and one in the east. In the middle I marked the fields where I cannot establish a new colony. At least where the unit stands it should be possible with this feature, right?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    801.3 KB · Views: 370
Ok. So here are the remaining saves from that game. We reloaded and kept on playing several times. Maybe you can get some info from comparing the savegames.
Thanks.

I assume I found a bug. I activated "reduce distance between colonies to 1" at start. Now I tried to establish a colony between 3 others (see as follows). One other colony in the north, one at south and one in the east. In the middle I marked the fields where I cannot establish a new colony. At least where the unit stands it should be possible with this feature, right?
It will allow a reduced distance if you own the 3x3 marked plots. I have been thinking of changing this into a game option rather than a map option (won't happen right away) and if that's done, then we can have multiple options instead of on/off. This means we can add an option to ignore plot ownership.

The idea with this feature is to solve the issue that with 1 plot radius you often end up with some 2x3 or similarly sized "holes", which can be useful colonies. As such this feature allows you to add colonies there, but only inside land you already own because it's not intended to be a feature, which is used to build close to the enemy for strategic reasons.

If found a possible bug in the founding fathers system. I'v fulfilling the conditions for "Herman von Alaska" but I haven't got him. I haven't refused him, nor has an other nation got him. See screenshot.

upload_2020-4-20_12-37-43.png

I'v fulfilling the conditions for "Herman von Alaska" but I haven't got him. I haven't refused him, nor has an other nation got him.
Strange. :think:
(Because yes, you should have the FF points required.)

Remark:
However, he should be the next FF you would get.
It is always the head that is located over the FF points required.
(George Fox comes before Herman of Alaska.)

Question:
What happens if you press "End Turn"?
Because if you then get him everything should be ok.

I will check it. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Maybe there is something wrong with the trigger. When I had the prerequisites for the next founding father (2 turns later) and denied him I was able to choose "Herman von Alaska".
upload_2020-4-20_13-34-54.png

Maybe there is something wrong with the trigger. When I had the prerequisites for the next founding father (2 turns later) and denied him I was able to choose "Herman von Alaska".
There is no actual "Trigger" in the Founding Father System.
The only thing it checks for the next Founding Father to offer is the Father Points required.

It is possible though that I messed up the values of Founding Father Points in XML.
If I remember correctly it wants to have some "scaling" - to be applied for min. FF-Point difference - which I might have forgotten ...

Thanks for the feedback / testing. :thumbsup:

I will take care of it. :)
(It is acutally quite easy to fix though. I start remember the internal logic of FF-system and its stupid internal scaling again ...)

Last edited:
While playing with the development build I have found a bug in happiness. After My King declared war on the Portuguese, and I followed him in accepting the increased troops, my happiness everywhere plunged to 5 unrest per settlement. Looking in the popup window for unhappiness it says "??? by Wars with other Europeans: 315". I know conflict with other Europeans is supposed to curb your happiness, but was it supposed to be by this much?

After My King declared war on the Portuguese, and I followed him in accepting the increased troops, my happiness everywhere plunged to 5 unrest per settlement.
That is correct, it is supposed to give 5 Unhappiness (Unrest Icon) per War with another European.
(There is an XML balancing setting for that though.)

Looking in the popup window for unhappiness it says "??? by Wars with other Europeans: 315".
Probably the displayed Message is wrong.
I will check it. :thumbsup:

@AnAmericanCommunist

The display of the Message "Unhappiness from Wars" is fixed now. :thumbsup:
Also to be safe the "Unhappiness from Wars" was reduced to 3. :)
(I personally like to play with 5 but it is probably really a bit too much for casual players.)

Last edited:
How can I download this fix
As far as I know, the latest version of WTP is still under development and has not yet been released. There is no finished file yet as it is still in the bugfix and completion phase. I am confident that the modders will soon be presenting something great to all of us.

At the moment Only the developers and some testers have access to the (currently unfinished) files. The forum here tells us the progress (also me).

I hope I have passed on the information here correctly.

Last edited:
As far as I know, the latest version of WTP is still under development and has not yet been released. There is no finished file yet as it is still in the bugfix and completion phase. I am confident that the modders will soon be presenting something great to all of us.

At the moment Only the developers and some testers have access to the (currently unfinished) files. The forum here tells us the progress (also me).

I hope I have passed on the information here correctly.
Oh I see. Thank you for the info. I wasn't aware of that. I just saw a message that "The display of the Message "Unhappiness from Wars" is fixed now." and thought how or where is it fixed and where can I get it? :D

Just found a bug where I educated a Hardy Pioneer. He cannot do anything, can't build any improvements or roads. Purchased pioneers are called Pioneer (Hardy Pioneer) and the one I educated is called Colonist (Hardy Pioneer).

Edit:
Thanks for the tip. I moved him back to the colony and sent him out and he took the tools. I had a big stockpile of them but he didn't take any when he graduated for some reason

Last edited:
Just found a bug where I educated a Hardy Pioneer. He cannot do anything, can't build any improvements or roads. Purchased pioneers are called Pioneer (Hardy Pioneer) and the one I educated is called Colonist (Hardy Pioneer).
It's not a bug. You just have to equip him with tools using the change profession button in the menu; alt + P (must have 50 tools in settlement).

Hi. I downloaded the newest happiness active branch which was released 6 hours ago and can't launch the mod anymore, I keep getting this error

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 125
as Ray has already written, to run the latest changes you need a DLL containing the latest changes. while it is available only to those who are engaged in testing. a little patience and there will be a link to download the working version of the mod.

Top Bottom