[We the People] Bug reporting

1. My game was going swimmingly until at this point, whenever I end the turn, the game crashes. I've attached the game save.

2. In cities with names that have accents on them, and leader names with accents in them, the font gets screwy. Seems like something on my end, but how would I fix this? (I have Windows 10, if that means anything.) Here is what they look like: in city screen: , from the map: , and a leader:

Thank you! (This is one of the greatest mods ever :) )

Ok, weird, I've succeeded in going to the next turn without having the game crash. I usually load the mod using a shortcut where it "targets" the mod folder, so the first time the game crashed, I assumed that that wasn't relevant to the issue. Since I assumed that the shortcut target wasn't relevant, when I reloaded the save and ended the turn and crashed multiple times, I was loading the game normally, with the usual .exe, not with the shortcut target. Then I tried by loading the game with the shortcut target, and this time, I was able to go to the next turn. I had assumed that the first time that the crash happened that I had loaded the game that time with the shortcut target, but perhaps I hadn't? Strange... anyway, for now, it looks like it's ok.

The screwy font, though, is still happening.

Since my automated transports regularly travel to far-flung cities that don't even have imports or exports specified, and worse, don't even have demand for the mostly tiny quantities transported, this can only be a bug.

To prevent my transports from moving too far and too long, I would prefer to be able to set a number of moves as the maximum travel time to keep them close to their starting point. Another option would be to allow us to define groups of settlements as 'colonies' or viceroyalties to restrict the movement of automated transports to such groups.

I think that adding a third type of automation that allows the player to restrict transports to specific cities could be very useful (also for the AI). It should be fairly easy to implement as well, I suppose it could be an exercise for new modders :)

Good day guys, new to the forum, but been reading it quite a long time. Great mod for an amazing game!

Tried finding a solution for my problem but with no success. Anybody has the problem on gigantic maps that when you zoom out, part of the map remains black? I installed two different versions of the game on two different rigs and the same keeps happening.

Attaching a screenshot of the gigantic new world map, and same happens on all gigantic maps - is there any fix to this?

Thanks upfront!

Hallo Martin,

this is a well known issue. So far I know, it's a limitation of the core game engine (outside of our access). So nowbody has tried to fix it.
I don't like it either ... :blush:

I studied this issue and came up with the following conclusion:

Apparently we need to take the height of the map, divide it by 1.45 and that is the minimum width a map should be to avoid this issue.
This means we have a max height for each width of the map. Sadly this wasn't known when all the maps were created and changing the maps would be rather time consuming.

I studied this issue and came up with the following conclusion:

This means we have a max height for each width of the map. Sadly this wasn't known when all the maps were created and changing the maps would be rather time consuming.

Thanks for sharing your opinion on this!

In the link you provided, you mentioned that...
"Being a 32 bit application, by default it will crash if it tries to use more than 2 GB memory. It can be patched to allow 4 GB, but then each player has to patch their own exe. I don't like the concept of including a map size, which will crash the game unless the player manually apply a patch first." - does it mean that it can be somehow fixed by applying the NTCore patch?

Wondering now if there is a way to force the in-game world creator to generate gigantic maps with the "correct" ratio?

"Being a 32 bit application, by default it will crash if it tries to use more than 2 GB memory. It can be patched to allow 4 GB, but then each player has to patch their own exe. I don't like the concept of including a map size, which will crash the game unless the player manually apply a patch first." - does it mean that it can be somehow fixed by applying the NTCore patch?
No. Increasing the memory limit allows bigger maps. It's possible to make a map, which is so big that the game crashes because it runs out of memory.

Wondering now if there is a way to force the in-game world creator to generate gigantic maps with the "correct" ratio?
In theory yes. World generation, both random and premade maps takes place in the DLL/python code, which we have access to. It does however require that somebody will take the time to make it. Also by expanding the width of the map, what should be in the added space? Impassable black plots? We would have to add those first then.

Has anything happened to automate transport system? Previously, I simply set export all / import all from / to cities, and then click "automate transport" on carrigaes, and they started to run around. But in the new version nothing happens, carriage keeps staying in the city, not moving.

By the way, I will add to the problem of automatic transport: goods for the needs of the domestic market are not delivered with the usual push of the "automate transport" button. in order for this to happen, you need to press the "assign transport route" button, select all routes. and so for each transport. when a new product appears, repeat all of the above.

Ivan Aleksandrovich Kuskov founding father fails to provide his +2 food in each colony bonus, in my current 2.8.2.2 game.

dunno if it just my game but the button toggle show bonus resources display doesnt work...

dunno if it just my game but the button toggle show bonus resources display doesnt work...
I just tested. For some reason it started out on showing native goods requests. You can switch to globe view and change what to show in the bottom right.

It's still an issue though as it should start out displaying the bonuses. I wonder what happened.

I noticed that the AI players seem to ignore the goodies and the villages.
We can probably ask @devolution if he has any idea.
He knows current AI status best. :thumbsup:

I have not worked on AI in "Large River" other than small AI logic for "Large Rivers" itself.
I can hardly imagine that the new "Large Rivers" AI changes impacted Goodies. :think:

However, we have also added several new Goody Types in "Large Rivers"
And there were tiny AI changes for Wild Animals and Natives necessary. :think:

Summary:
We will need to analyze it.

----

@Nightinggale:

I suggest we create a new thread to collect, analyze and fix specifically internally found bugs for "river merge".
It is so drastically different from previous "release candidates", that we should separate the issues a bit.

Having "river merge" issues split over all our feature threads, the team chat and the "bugs thread" here in the forum will become confusing.

@community:
It is normal that we currently have a lot of small issues in our "merged development branch".
  • both of them were pretty big and complex (thus the merged one is a "monster")
  • both of them have been developed independently over several months
We will solve all of that stuff though. :)

Suddenly my game is broke (can't move units, can't change anything in City Screen, can't push EndOfTurn button).
Is this the dreaded Out Of Sync behaviour?
I think it happened after I changed some Import/Export settings.
It's v 2.8.2.4.

Attachments

• William2824 War4.ColonizationSave
    776 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Suddenly my game is broke (can't move units, can't change anything in City Screen, can't push EndOfTurn button
Sounds like an endless loop somewhere. :dunno:

No, CTDs simply disconnect / desynchroniz Multiplayers from each other.
(Thus they can not properly continue playing theri MP game.)

Good info. :thumbsup:

It's v 2.8.2.4.
Ok then I am already relieved a bit. :)
As long as it is not the current upcoming release (and according branch) ....

Suddenly my game is broke (can't move units, can't change anything in City Screen, can't push EndOfTurn button).
It's v 2.8.2.4.
When I loaded the game, it said the game is paused. However with pause being a multiplayer only feature, I can't figure out how to unpause it in singleplayer. It also raises the question how did you manage to pause the game? No, I'm far from certain you know the answer to that question, yet it's still an important question to ask.

Top Bottom