1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[We the People] Bug reporting

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by Nightinggale, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Kendon

Kendon Warlord

Each bonus appears to be cumulative. I don't have a game far enough along to see what actually happens when I build a citadel or great bastion, but it looks like benefits diminish as defenses get more elaborate.

Here's the Colopedia entry: "The first structure is the Chevaux De Frise that offers a 30% bonus. It is followed by a Stockade (60%), a Fort (90%) and a Fortress (120%). If adding a Citadel the bonus will be 150%, and adding a Great Bastion will raise the bonus up to 160%."

The citadel has a 30% bonus on the fortress and the great bastion has a 40% bonus on the fortress. That's close to what you're saying, but not exactly. I'm guessing the bastion just gives a 10% boost over the citadel, but I don't want to change the Colopedia til I check the gameplay. The game keeps changing, which is good, but it means the Colopedia always has to catch up.

2. gekp78

gekp78 Chieftain

I actually checked the code the other day, and it is a bug. Citadel gives a total defense bonus of only 30%, same as the Chevaux de Frise. And the Great Bastion only 40%. Not in addition to the defense from the Fortress. Just total defense.

3. jooe

jooe Chieftain

AFAIK citadel/Bastion are separate buildings from the stockade-fort-fortress chain. So when you have built the fortress, the 30% bonus from the citadel is added on top of the defense bonus of the fortress! Note that you can see the different buildings on the world map and city map as well.
    Of course, even though the are separate buildings, the prerequisite of building the fortress is still there, so no city can have a citadel without a fortress.

4. gekp78

gekp78 Chieftain

By golly you're right. Well, I guess I need to change back the defense modifiers, so cities don't have 280% defense!

5. Raubwuerger

Raubwuerger Chieftain

I had a weird kind of bug. An negativ amount of food in a city, how can this be? Next turn everything was OK again ...
    Unfortunately I've no save game. Played the current RC 2.8.2.2
    Negativ Food_Marked.png

6. solvito

solvito Chieftain

hey guys, I have a multiplayer game from the beta that is going to desynch in the next turn. find it attached.

Attached Files:

7. OldSock

OldSock Chieftain

I'm getting a crash to desktop at the end of the turn; I attached the saved game. Using 2.8.2.2.

Attached Files:

8. Mr. ZorG

Mr. ZorG Prince

there is such a problem in multiplayer.

9. Fürstbischof

Fürstbischof Chieftain

While inactive your ship is repaired to full strength (over several turns). Repair speed depends upon your location ... sort of.

10% Open Sea
    20% Native Village
    20% Colony with Pier
    22% Colony with Docks
    25% Colony with "Drydock"
    xx% NOT tested yet with better naval infrastructure
    10% Europe/Port Royal, Africa(?)

The repair speed in Europe is far too slow. Ships in Europe should instead always benefit from maximum repair speed.

The repair speed at sea should be influenced by "techs" eventually. For a future rework of repair speed we might consider introducing caps (at sea: 80%, village/colony without docks: 90%) to reflect the dependency upon a sophisticated naval infrastructure.

Vaeringjar and HobyMorgan like this.
  10. solvito

solvito Chieftain

Hi,
    Find attached a multiplayer save game from the latest release candidate that will desync in the next turn.
    After testing for over 8 hours we have found that the game desynchs every single time there is an event or quest from the mod.

We have also found that when there is massive raiding or unit movement by the AI the game desynchs every single turn. In this game you can see how player Gian was surrounded by massive amounts and it desynched every turn, the moment he cleared them it started going fine again, however there are still some. The desynchs happen during war, and also during peace time with indians when they are raiding cities.

Attached Files:

11. devolution

devolution Prince

I had a look at the game in the debugger and the issue is (once again) caused by negative yields being stored. This eventually leads to an attempt to divide by 0 (iMaintainLevel) in CvPlayerAI::AI_transferYieldValue :
    Code:
    if (iStored < iMaintainLevel)
    {
        FAssert(iMaintainLevel > 0);
        iValue *= 125 + 75 * (iMaintainLevel - iStored) / iMaintainLevel;
        iValue /= 100;
    }

I think this issue has been reported at least once before...

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  12. solvito

solvito Chieftain

Whenever there are many units on screen moving around from the AI you get desynchs every turn...especially mid-late game when indians have units everywhere..once you liquidate them you go back to only having desynchs when events happen.
    Why cant you add a fail safe until the error is finally eliminated..
    something along the lines as if imaintenlevel = 0 then ifmaintelevel =0.01

13. devolution

devolution Prince

I suppose we have to put in a band-aid for now, yes. Tracking down the actual culprit seems difficult since it likely triggers several turns in advance of the actual crash. This issue does not seem to trigger in autoplays (AI only games) and since very few players use\test the assert build, we're unlikely to catch the cause any time soon :(

14. solvito

solvito Chieftain

Thanks for the bandaid fix! We play WTB multiplayer twice a week on fridays and saturdays, what exactly should we be looking for? We will help if possible.

15. devolution

devolution Prince

That fix I talked about is probably not related to the desync issue. However, we did recently fix a (at least one) serious OOS issue concerning an uninitialized variable related to the happiness mechanism. We haven't published a new beta in several weeks so there are many bugs that should be resolved when a new beta does get released.

16. Fürstbischof

Fürstbischof Chieftain

I've revised the diplo attitude texts to take into account the gender of the leader about whom you're asking. Unfortunately this does not work. Even after adding <Gender>Female</Gender> back to the English translation of the female leaders the game is still not willing to display [NUM1:he:she] or [NUM1:his:her] correctly, i.e. it always uses the first=male expression.

This indicates that this also doesn't work for the other languages which are even more in need of a proper male/female distinction than English.
    Spoiler :
    Examples:
    <Tag>AI_DIPLO_ATTITUDE_PLAYER_FURIOUS_1</Tag>
    <English>[COLOR_HIGHLIGHT_TEXT]%s1[COLOR_REVERT]? [NUM1:His:Her] heart is corrupt, [NUM1:his:her] soul unclean. (Furious)</English>

<Tag>AI_DIPLO_ATTITUDE_PLAYER_FURIOUS_2</Tag>
    <English>[COLOR_HIGHLIGHT_TEXT]%s1[COLOR_REVERT]? I would rather swallow a live tapeworm than have another word with this [NUM1:man:woman]. (Furious)</English>

<Tag>AI_DIPLO_ATTITUDE_PLAYER_FURIOUS_6</Tag>
    <English>[COLOR_HIGHLIGHT_TEXT]%s1[COLOR_REVERT]? May [NUM1:he:she] soon meet [NUM1:his:her] Maker. (Furious)</English>

<Tag>AI_DIPLO_ATTITUDE_PLAYER_ANNOYED_1</Tag>
    <English>[COLOR_HIGHLIGHT_TEXT]%s1[COLOR_REVERT]? I dislike [NUM1:him:her]. (Annoyed)</English>

<Tag>TXT_KEY_LEADER_ERENDIRA</Tag>
    <English>
    <Text>Eréndira</Text>
    <Gender>Female</Gender>
    <Plural>0</Plural>​
    </English>​

If I made a mistake, please tell me what I did wrong, so that I can make it work.

17. solvito

solvito Chieftain

Is there an ETA for the new release/Beta?

18. OldSock

OldSock Chieftain

The event "Deliver the following amount of goods before any other nation does" doesn't seem to be working correctly in my current game. It asks me to deliver +750 sugar. I've delivered far more than that, including 750 in one galleon. I waited a few turns after that galleon delivery. It never triggered and still shows in my quests in the event tab.

19. ElCid0204

ElCid0204 Chieftain

This happend after the "children played with fire" event. The forest destroyed and the terrain turn to praire, but the timber bonus and the sawmill remained here.
    I think this case both the timber bonus and the improvement should be destroyed.

Attached Files:

20. canexpthat

canexpthat Chieftain

1. My game was going swimmingly until at this point, whenever I end the turn, the game crashes. I've attached the game save.

2. In cities with names that have accents on them, and leader names with accents in them, the font gets screwy. Seems like something on my end, but how would I fix this? (I have Windows 10, if that means anything.) Here is what they look like: in city screen: , from the map: , and a leader:

Thank you! (This is one of the greatest mods ever :) )

Attached Files: