[We the People] Bug reporting

When I try this with the BtS EXE, then DW catches the error (screenshot attached). Just felt that I should point this out on the odd chance that there is some way to get it to work with the Col EXE as well. (I can't easily test that because I don't have a development environment set up for Col.)
That's interesting. I didn't catch it, but I will not rule out that if I will if I try again. It seems that DW sometimes doesn't sort to get all of the missing functions to be displayed at the top.

Either way I figured out how to do the testing and I will go through with it. It will be a good approach to have automated tests because not only will it be faster and easier to test, it will be a place to add more test scripts later. I suspect I can get away with running test scripts in parallel to exploit multiple CPU cores and complete all tests within 15 seconds. Sounds like a good concept to have and perhaps automatically use prior to creating releases.

That's interesting. I didn't catch it, but I will not rule out that if I will if I try again. It seems that DW sometimes doesn't sort to get all of the missing functions to be displayed at the top.
It seems to remember the sort criterion in between sessions (which is strange because there's no obvious place for DW to store such information).

Sure, a makefile target for any kind of static code analysis sounds good.

I found what may be a bug in the Bonus Resource. This is a Timber Bonus without Timber.

Guys, keep it up, you're doing a fantastic job with WTP. Great!

Attachments

• BonusError.jpg
    BonusError.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 46
Nop, I never leave a worker on automatic. But I found out what happened. I took a look at a file saved several turns before and found it.
There was in that space, a colony from another civilization that I took, (level 1) and after the unrest ended, and as there was no one inside, the village disappeared, and the forest has been cleared.
So simple.
Then I founded another colony on the side.
Thank.
Boby

Actually in RaR already I had tought AI not to chop Forrest if it would invalidate the Bonus Ressource on it. :)
(It should work for Automatization as well, because it also uses the same AI logic.)

Actually in RaR already I had tought AI not to chop Forrest if it would invalidate the Bonus Ressource on it. :)
(It should work for Automatization as well, because it also uses the same AI logic.)
The real solution would be to give the AI planning ability to value lumber production enough to provide what it needs for building construction. It is however much harder to code than a ban on AI from cutting down forests with bonuses on them.

Privateers are the pest of the seas (RaR 2.7.1.1?)

This event allows you to acquire another Privateer. Unfortunately, the event does not check whether the city that triggers the event is a port city at all.

Attachments

• COL4-RaR_2.7.JPG
    COL4-RaR_2.7.JPG
    424.5 KB · Views: 49
(pre-RaR 2.4)
<Tag>TXT_KEY_FATHER_WILLIAM_BREWSTER</Tag>
<Text>William Brewster</Text>
<Text>Johann Moritz Fürst von Nassau-Siegen</Text>

In the German language version the founding father William Brewster has been replaced with Johann Moritz Fürst von Nassau-Siegen. By comparing the CIV4FatherInfos.xml file with its vanilla version it is obvious that Brewster has actually been replaced by Johann Moritz. For the time being it might be best to remove all texts related to William Brewster and add translated texts for Johann Moritz. Nonetheless, William Brewster should be re-added as a religious founding father.

(pre-RaR 2.4)
<Tag>TXT_KEY_LEADER_PACAL</Tag>
<Text>Tecun Uman</Text>
<Text>Pacal II</Text>
<Text>Ch'ul Ahau</Text>
<Text>Tecun Uman</Text>
<Text>Tecun Uman</Text>

By looking at <Tag>TXT_KEY_LEADER_PACAL_PEDIA</Tag> we'll find 3 different texts - for English, French and German. (Italian and Spanish match English only because their texts haven't been translated yet.) At one point you'll have to decide which leader you want to represent the Maya.

there's an event where pyromaniac kids burn down a forest, I can imagine it causing problems to AI. Btw it's also super annoying for the player, and also triggers a bit too often imo, I'd love if there was a tea party throwing this event down the drain.

I believe there is a problem when the period of disorder ends within a city captured during a war.
In this game, at war with the Dutch Colonies. After capturing the city of Fort Oranje and waiting for the period of disorder in the city to end,
the message appears that the city will be abandoned, when I chose to form a new government in this city at the time of capture.
Attached is the file saved prior to leaving the city.
Thank you !
I hope it's not my mistake :crazyeye:

Attachments

• Kolts VIII AD-1631-October.ColonizationSave
    461.1 KB · Views: 23
I believe there is a problem when the period of disorder ends within a city captured during a war.
In this game, at war with the Dutch Colonies. After capturing the city of Fort Oranje and waiting for the period of disorder in the city to end,
the message appears that the city will be abandoned, when I chose to form a new government in this city at the time of capture.
Thank you !
I have the same issue. Glad to know it is not caused by any of my tweaky tendencies. Thanks

I don't know if its just an issue in the colopedia, but the last two levels of city forts, citadel and bastion, don't give the proper defense boost. They only give 30 and 40 percent.

Privateers are the pest of the seas (RaR 2.7.1.1?)

This event allows you to acquire another Privateer. Unfortunately, the event does not check whether the city that triggers the event is a port city at all.
While doing some more tests I've even been able to seize that pirate frigate! I got still no xp for that feat.

(TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_COMMANDEERED)
I forgot to mention that the frigate Braganza involved in fighting the pirate frigate had been requisitioned by the Royal Navy (in January 1656, 6 turns before) and returned earlier in that turn. Sadly, there is not another pop-up which informs you of its safe return. That would be a good spot to award part of the booty and maybe also a few xp for being involved in fighting the Barbary Pirates. Actually TXT_KEY_EVENT_COMMANDEERED_RETURN should take care of this but the event didn't happen for me...

"You are becoming a drain on my military."

Well, we all know this text. It is the most influential modifier which causes ill feelings by our king. From the text could not be guessed why the modifier rose so quickly. Well, there is a simple reason. The text was meant to be slightly different: "The potential for rebellion is growing in the colonies!" which is a literal translation from the German text.

Thank you !

Could this be caused by the recent change to kick citizens out of the city if they are assigned to an "impossible job"?
Apparently at the end of the unrest, any conquered city will release all of its citizens to the map, that is apparently causing the "You are going to abandon this city".
Note that the abandoning can be circumvented if in the same turn, one of the colonists is added back to the city via the "build city" button.

Could this be caused by the recent change to kick citizens out of the city if they are assigned to an "impossible job"?
Apparently at the end of the unrest, any conquered city will release all of its citizens to the map, that is apparently causing the "You are going to abandon this city".
Note that the abandoning can be circumvented if in the same turn, one of the colonists is added back to the city via the "build city" button.
Oops. Sounds like I need to add some check to make sure units aren't kicked out during disorder. It does however leave the question how much code runs during disorder and if the AI tries to reassign units.

Oops. Sounds like I need to add some check to make sure units aren't kicked out during disorder. It does however leave the question how much code runs during disorder and if the AI tries to reassign units.
If due to unhappiness one of your (quickly expanding) cities suffers disorder, you can try to reduce the unhappiness by removing several superfluous colonists. These disappear immediately. Thanks to the check you introduced they are back in the next turn, otherwise they might gone forever.

Note that it does not happen during the disorder, but the turn when disorders has ended. I can only imagine something like the following: In a conquered city units usually get assigned to jobs automatically on that turn, but now with that recent change they are kicked out even before that assignment happens - could that be true?

Top Bottom