1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[We the People] Bug reporting

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by Nightinggale, Sep 24, 2018.

1. raystuttgart

raystuttgart Civ4Col Modder

There is little point to continue uploading save games from the old Test Release 2.8.2.x for the few days until we publish new Official Release 2.9 :)
    It is more or less a dead branch, after we had merged it with "Large Rivers" (the previous main feature branch) into the new development branch for the upcoming release.

In a few days we should publish Release 2.9
    If you then can reproduce the issue with Release 2.9, please let us know. :thumbsup:

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  2. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

We fixed two bugs, which could make automated transport stop working.

That's unrelated. I moved the checkboxes and spinbuttons around and added text to all of them (well all, which supports text) in order to make it more clear how they should be used. That's not a bugfix. That's avoiding people misunderstanding how it should be used. The bugs prevents transports from working correctly even when imports/exports are set up correctly.

3. nci

nci Chieftain

Is Indentured Servants not appearing from Ship Wreckages in hotseat (and possibly other multiplayer modes) fixed in upcoming release? Please kindly look into it!

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  4. raystuttgart

The Goody System has had heavy changes and improvements anyways. :)
    (We have new Goodies that are allowed to spawn such Units and other ones that are not.)

Otherwise I have no idea because I do not play MP games nor can I test it. :dunno:
    It definitely works in SinglePlayer though.

-----

@Nightinggale

This sound suspicious though and maybe it might be a lead to OOS issues in MP games. :think:
    Why should "Indentured Servants being spawned by Shipwreks" work perfectly in SinglePlayer and not work in MultiPlayer? :dunno:

OOS issues is however definitely nothing we can still take care for upcoming release now anymore ... :thumbsup:
    (It can wait until after the upcoming release simply because there is always a next release.)

nci likes this.
  5. Jazzer32

Jazzer32 Chieftain

OK, thank you, I manage to fix it with CvGameCoreDLL and e47fff3 python addon.

raystuttgart likes this.
  6. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

To be completely honest I haven't looked much at hotseat multiplayer. I never used it myself. Issues regarding OOS isn't really a hotseat issue as hotseat has shared memory, meaning no need to keep it in sync. It's possible to write OOS causing code, which works in hotseat (I think).

I will however take a look at this event to see what is going on. I once encountered a mod for Neverwinter Nights, which had stairs, which once activated would teleport the player to another location. Whoever wrote the code for it got lazy and specified player 0 rather than the player activating the stairs object. This meant in multiplayer, the host would teleport to downstairs regardless of which player clicked on the stairs. My guess is that if the servant issue is a real bug, then it's likely something similar. Some code somewhere assumes each computer only has one player.

Once I fixed an OOS bug where culture spread would use current player rather than colony owner. If one player has a trait to reduce the culture required then this would cause OOS as the threshold wouldn't be the same on all computers. In other words if some code use current player rather than unit/colony/plot owner, then it wouldn't be the first time it happens. While this might feel like a multiplayer only bug, it actually affects the AI in single player as well. It is however fairly hard to test that as switching player in single player will not allow you to detect it as switching is changing current player.

nci and raystuttgart like this.
  7. nci

nci Chieftain

@raystuttgart @Nightinggale I never faced OOS issues in hotseat, for what it's worth. My hotseat games weren't long so far, though.

8. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

OOS is when two computers disagrees about what should be in memory, like one computer says a plot has a forest and the other computer days there is no forest. Since hotseat shares memory between players, they can't go out of sync. Sync issues are only for network games.

However just because hotseat can't result in OOS doesn't mean the game will work correctly if it triggers code, which would trigger an OOS in network games.

nci likes this.
  9. nci

nci Chieftain

The problem remains in 2.8.2.4.

10. raystuttgart

Thanks for telling. :thumbsup:
    Will test in "river_merge" using cheat menu. :)

nci likes this.
  11. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

I do agree that the code looks odd, like using a cache, which isn't updated by FFs or something like that. This won't be fixed in next release as a proper fix will take time.

12. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

I found and fixed the bug. It's actually a vanilla bug and easy to fix once found.

How it's supposed to work: Founding Father provides a trait, which provides the bonus. This means:
    add trait->update cache in CvPlayer->update cache in CvPlot
    What happened:
    add trait->update cache in CvPlot
    Since the cache in CvPlayer wasn't set, it stayed 0 and that is the value CvPlot read when setting the cache.

13. CurtnoAnna

CurtnoAnna Chieftain

I can hardly wait. I've been playing WTP since you all first started it. you're all doing great work and i greatly appreciate it.

raystuttgart likes this.
  14. Jazzer32

Jazzer32 Chieftain

If I build pasture in hills/prairie (1 food, 3 iron) or hills/grassland (2 food, 4 iron), I cant produce any cattle/horses, but I can if I put my rancher on farm or plantation (same city). Bug, or am I missing something?

15. raystuttgart

Pastures are used for both: Sheep and Cattle

Pastures however are not necessary.
    (They just help to produce more Sheep / Cattle)
    • Hills alone already allow Sheep (if you have Sheep in Stock)
    • Flatlands alone already allow Cattle (If you have Cattle in Stock)
    ----

Summary:

Yes you have been missing something. :)
    (You did not check the conditions of Hills / Flatland for Sheep / Cattle)

You somehow thought the main thing was the Improvement.
    (It just increases the output though - is never an absolute necessity though.)

----

This is no bug. :thumbsup:
    (Reading Colopedia Game Concept "Live Stock Breeding" or looking at Colopedia "Goods and Materials" should explain it all.)

Sorry, but this mod simply has many small details like this in game logic that need to be learned. :dunno:
    (It is big and complex - but that is why our players like it.)

Once you played a few games you should understand it all though. :thumbsup:

Last edited: May 16, 2021
    Jazzer32 likes this.
  16. Jazzer32

Jazzer32 Chieftain

Thank you for quick response, If i understood correctly, I can produce only sheep in hills (I dont have any sheep unfortunately), and cattle/horses only in flatlands?

raystuttgart likes this.
  17. Mr. ZorG

Mr. ZorG Prince

Yes, you understood correctly.

18. Nenos

Nenos Chieftain

I cant drag and drop units in the city screen from the garrison screen to the raw material screen. upper right. Please confirm.

Attached Files:

19. Mr. ZorG

Mr. ZorG Prince

@Nenos you must move the unit exactly to the gray silhouette.

20. raystuttgart

As I already explained in discord this is a small bug we accidently added with our "City Plot Help - Mouse Over". :(
    It is already analyzed and will soon be fixed. :)

As @Mr. ZorG Correctly explained if you drag over the silhouette (or generally a tiny bit more to the left) it will work. :thumbsup:

Thanks for reporting this small UI bug. :thumbsup:
    We will take care of it.