• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[We the People] Bug reporting

Without issues, yes. I am running a debug build so I can see that the crash would have happened with rc 3.0.2(but not with the dll I uploaded!) since we have instrumentation to detect and warn about it.
Solved! Just made a fresh install of base game and latest update of the mod with the DLL you uploaded, and its working! Its seems that there was some problem with the version of the mod I had (since I have been updating in since it was R&R xD). Thx a lot for the attention :)

@devolution, @Nightinggale
I fixed a bug.
(see this commit)

The Kings had been missing their "Greeting Dialogues".
(This bug is actually as old as TAC if I am correct.)

Before TAC it was not possible to contact your King directly.
(It was always the King who initiated dialogue, so a general "Greeting Text" was not needed in Vanilla.)

---

It is now fixed however. :)
Kings now greet in WTP according to their attitude.

---

This fix could be merged to "develop" and "Plains" safely. :thumbsup:
(The commit was done in "Yields" simply because that is the version I work on.)

Compare Old vs. Fixed:

Old (without Greeting)

Spoiler :

Fixed (with Greeting)
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    201.8 KB · Views: 493
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000_old.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000_old.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 493
Last edited:
@Schmiddie
That is just because you are using some WideScreen-Resolution (almost 2:1, or even higher) which this mod has never been built for.
e.g. look at the images below that was taken with resolution 1600x900 or 1920x1080 - both look fine.

It is known since years that those WideScreen-Resolutions cause trouble with Screens.
But if you use one of the normal "2008" resolutions with ratio of 16:9 everything will look perfectly fine.

16:9 was the default resolution ratio in 2008.

This here is with 1600x900 (16x9 resolution)
Spoiler :

Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG

This here is with 1920x1080 (16x9 resolution)
Spoiler :

Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG

Last edited:
Since I added the bugfix for 3.0.1 from @devolution I'm still playing, right now passing 1700, and the AI has made it interesting. I didn't get the Continental Congress, probably because England got it three turns before I would have. England is ready to declare independence 10 turns ahead of me so I've declared war and now have to find Jamestown, somewhere in the black unexplored land in the far north. If I destroy Jamestown the Congress should be available again.

I've avoided war with the First Nations, many of them furious, by giving them each a payment most turns: call it a tax or a bribe. They raid but at least I don't have ten armed mounted braves razing my cities.

My sloop has just found England in the northwest corner so two of my warships with heavily promoted line infantry are on the way there. In my last game Russia hid in the northeast corner and eventually won, beating me to independence.

I'm playing on Patriot and the AI has delivered some surprises. I assume it's a combination of probabilities but as long as it feels real I don't need to know the details.

It is known since years that those WideScreen-Resolutions cause trouble with Screens.
But if you use one of the normal "2008" resolutions with ratio of 16:9 everything will look perfectly fine.

16:9 was the default resolution ratio in 2008.
Actually for whatever reason Firaxis picked 4:3 resolutions when designing screens while the game picks 1280x720 (16:9) as default resolution. All placements of widgets are done using percentages of available screen space, which is fine in a lot of cases, but in some cases the screen width is used when placing the height of widgets. This means 1280x720 has some placements done like the rarely used 1280x960 resolution.

Luckily almost every single issue of this nature is in python files meaning we can mod them and make the screens work on all resolutions. It just takes time to go through all of them.

Hey all, I got a replicable CTD bug. In the save, just hit return to end turn. Indians will raid and then after that, the crash. Thank you!

Attachments

• Ermak Timofeyevich AD-1713-January.ColonizationSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
Hey all, I got a replicable CTD bug. In the save, just hit return to end turn. Indians will raid and then after that, the crash. Thank you!
Please disregard, I got that most recent dll patch to work. I didn't notice the follow-up post regarding a clean reinstall of the mod. Once I did that, the save worked fine. My mistake. Thanks for the great mod guys. I wish I could help contribute, but as I've just proven, I'm tech illiterate.

Hi guys, it seems that there currently happens something strange with the fencing graphics (fort, etc.):

Please have a look: They are totally distorted. Never seen this before....

Civ4ScreenShot0036.JPG

Hi guys, it seems that there currently happens something strange with the fencing graphics (fort, etc.):
Wait, I remember that we had a "fix" / "correction" from somebody related to these graphics.
Maybe it is caused by that. :think:

If I remember correctly it was related to CIV4PlotLSystem or CIV4CityLSystem.
I will look for it. :thumbsup:

@Schmiddie
The bug is fixed again. :)
The bugfix that had been suggested actually introduced the bug.

Edit:
This was the post where that change originated which had introduced the bug:

Edit 2:
After reading it I realized that I might have had changed too much. :hmm:
(It was probably a misunderstanding then considering the intended change.)

-----

However, now everything looks ok again, see here:
Spoiler :

Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG

Last edited:
A player posted this on Steam:

"I love this mod! But, I have a funny problem. I have only one whaling source of sperm whales, but it's inside my city limits. So the whaling boat can't whale cause "it's inside city limits." So how do I whale the sperm whales inside city limits?"

Maybe there is something we can do about that?

Maybe there is something we can do about that?
@Schmiddie
This case - being too close to Coast - is already prevented in the code.
So normal MapGeneration should never allow it / never generate it.

------

It could only have happened if the player messed with the Map by Worldbuilder.
(I think he actually tried to create that case purposely to somehow exploit it in his game.)

The only other explanation is that one of the non-random Maps is still messed up.
(Then the Map needs to be corrected - which probably already happens currently.)

Otherwise as I said:
In normal gameplay / normal MapGeneration this case will never happen.
(see the code below)

-------

Code:
//TAC Whaling, ray
    //WTP, ray we correct the logic
    if (GC.getBonusInfo(eBonus).isWhalingboatWorkable())
    {
        // We check that it is not adjacent to coast, because that may bring it in 2 Plot reach of CityRadius
        // Thus we do not want to be adjacent to any Coast - the rest is already caught by XML, since it can only be placed on Ocean
        CvPlot* pAdjacentPlot;
        for (int iI = 0; iI < NUM_DIRECTION_TYPES; iI++)
        {
            pAdjacentPlot = plotDirection(getX_INLINE(), getY_INLINE(), ((DirectionTypes)iI));
            if (pAdjacentPlot != NULL && (pAdjacentPlot->getTerrainType() == TERRAIN_COAST || pAdjacentPlot->getTerrainType() == TERRAIN_SHALLOW_COAST))
            {
                return false;
            }
        }
    }

Last edited:
[New_Hope daily git version 2022-11-26]
Bug:
Negative promotions modifying heal rate in neutral/enemy territory by % of total health
This causes the button for "rest until healed" not to be displayed in native villages, although the unit would actually lose the negative promotion on next turn and then correctly start healing

Expected behaviour:
Negative promotions modify heal rate in neutral/enemy territory in % of normal heal rate.
Button for "rest until healed" is shown in native villages.

Example for a Scout in native village with infected wounds:
CITY_HEAL_RATE 20
iNeutralHealChange -25
result: healRate() == -5

If I understand the idea correctly, this should instead be CITY_HEAL_RATE * (1 + iNeutralHealChange/100) = 20 * (1 - 0.25) = 15

I will test a patch for this and send you a pull request if it works :)

// edit: pull request here: https://github.com/We-the-People-civ4col-mod/Mod/pull/650

btw. there is an FAssert that will be triggered because of negative promotions:
CvUnit::changeExtraNeutralHeal(int iChange):11420

Code:
FAssert(getExtraNeutralHeal() >= 0);

Last edited:
@jooe
Thanks.:hug:
Your fix is now merged.

------

I will also take a look at the Assert. :think:
(Most likely it needs to be removed.)

Edit:
Ok, the Asserts are removed.
("Negative Promotions" require negative numbers.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom