[We the People] Bug reporting

Gave up on trying to save my last game...

Started a new game, many many turns in... game crash... no big deal... but on re-load... all units/cities/sprites INVISIBLE... I'm still getting popups, I can give orders (I can't see that I'm giving orders to)

Anyone run into this before? Loading old saves doesn't help either! It's like the whole game got randomly corrupted or something?

Thank you for any help you can provide!~

I've now done a full reinstall... I still can't see the models! Please Help!

I have found the issue: On the minimap there is an option called "Show Bare Map" unfortunately, I lost my save files before I figured this out.

Last edited:
I have defeated every land unit in the REF, and yet the game is still ongoing, despite it saying in the Colopedia that I only need to defeat the land units and hold all my settlements.

Do I need to sink all the ships too? Am I gonna have to search the entire Atlantic for em?

1689108147618.png

most likely, somewhere else there were troops on land. Attach the game save so I can tell for sure.
Savegame of just after I'd killed the last reported REF soldier.

Bit weird if they've troops on land that the Revolution screen isn't picking up.

Attachments

• Leif Eriksson AD-1737-January.ColonizationSave
    2.4 MB · Views: 13
north of the city of Fort Fredensborg is a fort, next to which stands the royal Brave Lieutenant. why it doesn't show up in the list, I don't know.
my laptop freezes (map too big). try to destroy this Lieutenant and see what happens.

Last edited:
north of the city of Fort Fredensborg is a fort, next to which stands the royal Brave Lieutenant. why it doesn't show up in the list, I don't know.
my laptop freezes (map too big). try to destroy this Lieutenant and see what happens.
Destroyed the Lieutenant, game continued running.

Revealing the map in debug mode and checking the Military advisor shows no sea units remaining for the King of Denmark either.

EDIT: I won on the next turn!

Last edited:
I've had a problem where when I land a free ship off of a Founding Father they spawn in one of the Great Lakes instead of the ocean. Is this supposed to happen? If so could we work on some kind of control for a player to dictate where a unit does spawn? This would also apply to Great Generals, those are great half the time they're at least 15 turns of travel away from joining the fray so it really lowers their overall value and the leaders who get stuck with a +50% chance of acquiring them really get boned for this reason.

Does anyone have issues with the Mission improvement not generating the extra crosses promised? Definitely built it, staffed it and waited but nothing changes

are you talking about improving the monastery on the map?
if yes, then the conditions for its correct operation are the presence of a missionary (of any denomination) in it, and on the colony screen, the tile with the monastery must be processed by the colonist. Were these conditions exactly met? I think not.

I've had a problem where when I land a free ship off of a Founding Father they spawn in one of the Great Lakes instead of the ocean. Is this supposed to happen?
what FF are you talking about?

I’ll try another Monastery on another build amd see what happens but the 1st one is non functional. To be perfectly clear when you say the unit that processed it, that would be the Pioneer correct? Right now I looked and when my Evangelist fresh off the boat hit a tile in my colony’s borders there was no button for him to build Monastery, only my Pioneers have that option

I've always been surprised that so many people don't read Pedia's information, even though most of the questions asked here or in Discord are answered there:hmm:
in Pedia it says that the Monasteries are an improvement of the tiles (which means they are built by the Pioneers). also I already wrote that the tile should be processed by the colonist on the colony screen :old: what profession the colonist will have is not important:cowboy:

The term ''processed" is a lot more ambivalent than it needs to be is really the issue. Maybe take a little bit of accountability and realize that if you’re saying MANY people have issues with it and English is not your 1st language you should get someone else to clean it up a bit. I know you mean well but it really found an awkward connection with the rest of the how the game is described elsewhere. You guys do a lot so I hate to come down on you but that Colopedia is a flaming pile of garbage ATM

Last edited:
I can agree that Pedia needs a global correction (including descriptions of some functions. Therefore, when translating into Russian, I try to fix it). however, there is a lot of information out there. and the fact that many people have problems is because people do not look at this information, preferring to ask questions right away.
Unfortunately, this doesn't just apply to the game...

I totally agree with your sentiment I think. You can monkey around in-game and reach solutions to most problems when you care enough but we live in a world of instant gratification, thanks Ronald McDonald :lol:. My work schedule is finally affording me enough free time I can commit to helping out in a real way so this weekend Imma jump into the tutorials about how to mod and see what I can learn. Probably start with documentation and the Colopedia but looking forward to pitching in and being a contributing member of the community.

I've noticed that almost 80% of my current quests aren't giving out the reward upon completion. e.g. I had the one for Sheep to Africa and the amount was 2000. I'm now at the point where I must be past 5,500 but whatever checks inside the system is missing its check or just not adding correctly at all. Happens in Europe, Africa and Port Royale with almost every quest I've been assigned. It does work for the ones about completing building like the 5 graveyards but the ones centering around Trade is waaaay off.

Not all quests offer a reward upon completion.
you should have received a text message (appear in the top center of the screen). look at the message log.

Okay, what's the point of a quest w/o a reward though? And I have scrolled through all the messages with nothing related to them except the one telling me they've been initiated but when I get to 10 times the amount of the good shipped definitely would say there's something amiss

Top Bottom