Weavers Hut Resources and Sentry

The Mad Monk

Chieftain
Yes, two separate issues :)

Sentry and Automate Protect use the same key (s), and AP is taking priority on those units that can use it -- which is most of them. This is bothersome, since sentry is used a lot more.

The resources for the weaver's hut are either only accessible later in the game (wool, cotton, silk) or not at all (flax, hemp). This has a knockon effect for things like the ropemakers hut, sailmakers hut, and rope bridges. I sort of expected a "gatherer" building like there is with grain, but I can find nothing. I would have brought it up earlier, but I couldn't make out if it was deliberate.

Thanks for reporting the Sentry shortcut problem. Yes it is annoying isn't it? If you never use Auto Protect, there's an option in BUG to prevent that mission coming up ('Hide Automate Protect' in the Automations tab). That's what I do...

Hemp certainly exists as a map resource in the game. Are you saying there is none on your map? You've WBeen to see have you:D? Flax probably exists as a map resource too, but I've never seen it so I can't say for sure.

Hemp fibres has since been introduced as a manufactured resource, and should probably replace Hemp if it hasn't already as the one relevant to the Weaving Hut. (Not sure whether this also applies to flax...)

Thanks for responding!

No, I have flax, its developed, roaded, and shows on the city resource screen with a :) next to it. No weavers hut available, though, because its looking for flax fibres, not flax, and there appears to be no way to get flax fibres from flax.

I had a similar issue last game, when I had cotton, and would have to wait until calendar -- from the stone age on eternity -- to get my cotton fibre from a plantation. :(

Hydro should be answering these type questions as he is the one who built these buildings/resources and upgrade paths.

@The Mad Monk,
Maybe you might want to PM Hydromancerx with this question?

JosEPh

Top Bottom