Weird lux requests from CS's

Pax_Romanus

Chieftain
Mostly I've noticed this with Porcelain and Jewellery because there is a smaller supply. I assume that they will fix it in a patch at some point.

It's because the lux connect quest can only pick something you don't have...and if you have most other things, well...

I've encountered it fairly early in games where I don't have access to many of the resources.

Because it's a random selection. Having a lot of luxuries already would just increase the chances; having all of them but that lux would guarantee it becomes that city-states unique lux.

It shouldn't be too hard to fix.

1. Remove the resources already present there.
2. Disable the quest if nothing else is available.

It's because the lux connect quest can only pick something you don't have...and if you have most other things, well...

I just started that game where I took the screenshot, and the only sources of gems were two, non-allied city-states, one of whom was requesting their own luxury.

Thats why you become ally's with them and then you got it connected because they give it to you and you complete the quest simple anuff.

I just started that game where I took the screenshot, and the only sources of gems were two, non-allied city-states, one of whom was requesting their own luxury.

ok...so? Statement still stands, they pick a resource you don't have and ask you to get it. Yes, it's weird that they can pick their own resource for this, and yes, it's likely to get fixed, but it's still a simple explanation.

I've had cases where I had a resource, sold my last copy, then CSes asked me to connect to it, which I did when the deal expired and I got like 3 allies out of it. I've never seen them ask for something I actively had surplus of tho.

Top Bottom