• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Weird red terrain blotches, no antialiasing?

Are any of you getting weird bright red spots on some of the tundra terrain? I assume it's supposed to be snow, but instead, it looks like lava. Obviously a bug. Anyone else getting this?

That is the blood of polar bears.

...no, I haven't had that graphical glitch but I have had others.

I was getting that when I was playing the Demo the first time. The next time I loaded up the Demo through Steam it gave me the option to play using DirectX 9.0. I don't think I have seen it since... but maybe it could be that I wasn't traveling to the arctic regions in my last couple of Demo runs.

I see the red blotches too (also the greyed anti-alias options). I've only got the demo so far, but I see them a lot. Only clue I have is that I think they only appeared after I increased the graphic settings. I haven't tried the Dx 9 option.

Attachments

• DxDiagVenereusCFC.txt
    39.1 KB · Views: 89
I have that too on the demo. Now that I realize that it is the blood of polar bears I think it is fitting and should stay.

I see little red splotches occasionally on all terrain types. Its not really noticeable though. It seems to happen right when my turn starts & only lasts for a couple seconds. Its kind of weird.

I am the second guy to post on the forum at 2k about this issue, and the moderator there said it was "nature" (i.e. intended). At the time I was unable to reproduce the bug outside the tundra (though I was sure I did see it). Having seen this thread, I have bumped the 2K thread, asking him to look into it again, and I linked to this thread as well for sample pictures.

On the antialiasing point, it doesn't work in dx9 but its fine with dx10/dx11 cards...so basically unless you have a umm gtx260 or better nVidia card, or a 2000 series or better ATI card you won't be able to get AA. You do of course need to run the game in dx10/dx11 also.

Same problem here, DX10/11, demo, exactly like on Ayt's screenshot, multiple small red blotches on various terrain type. No AA.

Same issue here, def a problem of some sort but from what I can see between all of our DxDiags there is no specific common feature that could be causing this :S.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    40.5 KB · Views: 76
Same problem here, DX10/11, demo, exactly like on Ayt's screenshot, multiple small red blotches on various terrain type. No AA.

Ayt's screen shot looks like it is a different issue. I have the exact same problem as the OP and St. Valamir.

I have an ATI with fully updated drivers in steam. My problem occurs in the demo version. Will only know about the full version when released.

Clearly a ghost is painting a target for a nuke. Get your units outta there! ;)

In all seriousness, though, I've had this happen as well. Only a couple of times over a few hours, though, so I'm not too concerned. A patch will probably fix it.

how do I take a screenshot? I'll show you guys later today once I get back from work (stupid work... getting in the way of my CIV addiction...).

I'll go out on a limb here and state that that moderator over at 2k is mistaken - the red blobs on the OP's screenshots are very reminiscent of artifacts created by rendering problems in Civ4. There *may* be some sort of reddish stuff intended - but I doubt its any of these. The screen of a red something next to the horses is also certainly not intended.

Please keep posting your dxdiag results files - I'll go through them sometime later today to see if there is anything in common. A screenshot of what you see would also be helpful to accompany the dxdiag results file - just to make sure its the same issue.

Top Bottom