Welcome New Members

Ha ha, looks like I just found out the Chieftain thing..thought it would be harder involving some test with fire and/or wild bear, or something.

Hey, y'all! :band:

@grm: yeah, Civ 3 works fine on Windows 7.

Hi Guys,

I just updated a patch on Civ IV (cant remember the name) and now I get the following error when logging in.

"error loading shader libraries"

Anyone know how to fix this?

Not sure about the error, i just can't get CivIV to work on my pooter period. Don't get so much the cheshire cat thing, but my terrain is all black. I can see outlines of the ocean and a bit of river and my units of course. Other than that it don't work, i even have the 3d graphic analyzer and it hasn't helped much, I can get the terrain to come back with it so far but then i get the cheshire cat problem, so i've pretty much given up and just play Civ III.
ANYWAY hello all, i'm new and have enjoyed some of the mods on this site, mostly graphics, and just today decided i would join. Didn't know till i came here that so many others loved this game....peace til later

Hi Guys,

I just updated a patch on Civ IV (cant remember the name) and now I get the following error when logging in.

"error loading shader libraries"

Anyone know how to fix this?

Reinstall the game completely, that should fix it.

Not sure about the error, i just can't get CivIV to work on my pooter period. Don't get so much the cheshire cat thing, but my terrain is all black. I can see outlines of the ocean and a bit of river and my units of course. Other than that it don't work, i even have the 3d graphic analyzer and it hasn't helped much, I can get the terrain to come back with it so far but then i get the cheshire cat problem, so i've pretty much given up and just play Civ III.

Your graphics card is too weak, that's the problem.

And hey, guys, don't ask technical questions in the biggest random spam thread on this site ;). Open new topics about your problems in the tech area of the respective titles ;).

And welcome everyone :).

Hi! I found this sight in the comments of an Civ V LP on YouTube. I have only played Civ Rev so far, but it's almost christmas, so that might soon change. I'm very excited to be part of this forum!

Hi all, been on the 2k Forums now for around a month.

Played Civ 4 a bit, but never posted on these forums or used them much. Just popping in to say hi all!

(On the 2kForums my user was Kukulcán for anyone who may know my user from there) :king:

Hello friends:
This is my first day and my first post.
I expect to spend lively and interesting moments, participating with you in this forum.
Best regards,
Javier

I am 64 y/o I have recently purchased an iMac. CivV was one of the few games available so, I got it. Wow! what a first game to get! I find it highly addictive. I love the complexity of the game and the graphics are great. My first game I played France and curshed EVERYONE. My second game I played the Danish Bluetooth and got crushed by Elizabeth. I found out you can learn a LOT from loosing a game. Currently I am Spain and ... I can see that each game is different. I have one big question....Spain has gold deposits that I had improved with mines. THEN, I received a Great Merchant and thought that if I put a Custom House on the Gold Mine - it would be a Good Thing to do. However, I think I lost my gold mine when I did. I don't know it that was a mistake or not. A note on the Great Merchant said that it would put the stratigic resources in the Trade Network. Isn't Gold stratigic? What are the stratigic resources and what is not. I think oil is but wouldn't gold be one too? Where can I find the answers to these type of questions; ones that are not in the FAQ?
Richard

Welcome to CFC, all!

@P2VNeptune: Gold is a luxury resource that must have a mine on it to gain access. The strategic resources are Horses, Iron, Coal, Aluminum, Uranium, and Oil. Luxury resources are Gold, Silver, Ivory, Furs, Spices, Incense, Sugar, Cotton, Marble, and Wines (I might be missing a few).

As to where you can find the answers, I'd suggest looking at the Civilopedia in-game. It generally has basic game info like this. Around here, I'd suggest looking in the War Academy to help with game strategies and ideas.

Where is the tech help for Civ V ? My game, which I bought in April now refuses to load past the intro movie thing. I feel ripped off, especially after having to deal with Steam. Whats with that anyway? I bought the game outright-why does it have to log-on to Steam. I feel that the're parasites who do nothing but screw me around. My next move is to contact the seller of the game through ebay, does this sound familiar to the moderators out there?

Hi all,
I play Civ v to keep the brain moving even if at a slow pace,well, at 73 what can I expect, not to win that's a certainty but I get a lot of enjoyment from the game and it also allows me to use my mac which is another thing I like a lot.
old loser

Where is the tech help for Civ V ? My game, which I bought in April now refuses to load past the intro movie thing. I feel ripped off, especially after having to deal with Steam. Whats with that anyway? I bought the game outright-why does it have to log-on to Steam. I feel that the're parasites who do nothing but screw me around. My next move is to contact the seller of the game through ebay, does this sound familiar to the moderators out there?

Civ5 tech support forum.
First step would be to deactivate the intro movie (see the tech support sticky), and if this doesn't help open a thread about it please :).

Hi all,
I play Civ v to keep the brain moving even if at a slow pace,well, at 73 what can I expect, not to win that's a certainty but I get a lot of enjoyment from the game and it also allows me to use my mac which is another thing I like a lot.
old loser

Welcome to the forums :).
And you can sure win, you just have to play enough ;). You'll understand the whole game better after you played already some. And losing is especially at the beginning nothing uncommon.

Hello. I used to have an account here for a while, but I haven't logged on in over a year, and I don't even remember my password anymore.

My username is meant to be ironic, since I almost always shy away from military victories.

Top Bottom