Welcome to Orbis - Download Information

just a small question... do the FFH scenarios work in Orbis? I mush prefer it that normal FFH but don't want to waste time trying one only to find out that it is broken towards the end.
In general, yes. I did play most of them in Orbis and it was fun. Especially Khazad in Against the wall - workable mountains and Ironbreaker unit...

I can't guarantee they are bug-free. Orbis (and FfH) are not anyway.
There are many changes in Orbis and I could not test whole scenarios after every update.
But if you do find anything, I will try to fix it ASAP.

Enjoying it greatly so far, only problem is that I'm unable to explore (clear) lairs and in a perhaps related problem, am also unable to use the "release elephants" feature. I'm playing as Mechanos, if that makes any difference.

orbis is the most stable modmod i have ever played
you need to update the first post
great modmod

I agree with this. Say what you will about any actual bugs in it but Orbis is really quite stable. In six 200+ turn games I played I never had it crash on me.

Not a bug question but more of a "what is your intent" question.

(Edit) Never mind about the change-log questions. I think I found what I was looking for.

Also, FF had some extensive changes to the Doviello that at one time you were debating co-opting some. Did that ever happen? I've been enjoying playing the Scions minor leader w/the Tolerant trait that I've not really played them. That and my computer time is way more limited now.

I really enjoyorbis as an extension of FF2. The new civs like Patria and Mechanos bring some interesting variety.

Also, FF had some extensive changes to the Doviello that at one time you were debating co-opting some. Did that ever happen? I've been enjoying playing the Scions minor leader w/the Tolerant trait that I've not really played them. That and my computer time is way more limited now.
I need to check RiFe changes for 0.30. I certailny like some. But Rife and Orbis doviello are different, I see them different than Valkrionn, and so have some things he does not like ;)
Correction: FF does not have extensive Doviello changes. RifE does. FF merged the Feral trait (As did Orbis ;)), but that was it as it was a very early version of Doviello+ when it was merged.
Seeing as RifE is based on Malakim+ and Doviello+, only RifE has the changes. :p
Well, I am not sure if it was not the other way around with feral (does it give free subdue animal in Rife?). I recall certain comment about "druidic softies" or something simmilar from you regarding Orbis doviello. :p
Anyway, as I said above, Doviello in Orbis and consequences of feral trait are different in Orbis. But will check what can fit them from the rife changes.

@Ghost of K
Thanks. Scions are actuyally from FF, but I changed them. More than a bit I think, hopefully Tarqueline still does not mind my version (he did not at first, but no idea now).

Just a quick question that I don't think warrants a whole new thread:

Does Orbis's AI utilize any of the improvements made by Selphi's Wildmana modmod or does Orbis use the stock FFH AI or have its own unique AI?

edit: Also does Orbis have flavor start? Because I have been getting a lot of nonsensical starts in my past few games. I actually had Mazatal up by tundras in two past games :\

No, I did not include Sephis AI. It is hardcoded (which I do not like) and Orbis differs in many aspects from base FfH, especially in economy. So, I would have to write the code almost from scratch.

The falvour start is in, I have not yet updated to latest climate mode from Flavour mod, but apart from that it is in.
Lizards have high preference for jungle and much smaller for forests, grasslands, riversides. Also a huge bonus for mount kalshekk.
The problem is, flavour mod does not create new start locations. It just evaluates all of them, and then check which civ has highest preference for each one. So, lizards can end up in tundra if there are no better places for them (i.e. all other are mostly desert & deforested plains), or other civs have higher preference for this particular spot.
In general, the bigger the map, the more fitting the locations.

But I am going to review the preferences for next Orbis version. For lizards that means removing forest & riverside preferences and negative modifier for tundra & ice. I might even give them bonus for deserts if it makes sense in new climate axis (i.e. desert is hot, so just needs to be more humid).

The flavor start is in, I have not yet updated to latest climate mode from Flavour mod, but apart from that it is in.

Is there a reason that the Scions often times end up on islands by themselves? This isn't a problem, but I've noticed that it happens a lot with them.

Just out of curiosity, is there an official date for the release of 0.30?

i hope not :p he just has to release it when it is done, not earlier, not later... deadlines only give problems ;)

Just out of curiosity, is there an official date for the release of 0.30?
Not yet. I have a deadline on the textbook I am working on, so have to finish it before monday. Than I will have more time to do modding. But not sure how much will it take before I consider 0.30 ready. I think at least 2 or 3 weeks but...
i hope not :p he just has to release it when it is done, not earlier, not later... deadlines only give problems ;)
Can't agree more. I set myself a deadline a few times regarding Orbis, but due to technical problems had to move them. And then to move them again...
So, I want to release 0.30 in february. But we shall see...

I think at least 2 or 3 weeks but...
K. I was more asking a general time, not an actual date. Lol. (I know how life gets in the way off modding.) Thanks.

Since this mod relies on ffh2 is it compatible with patch m?

Since this mod relies on ffh2 is it compatible with patch m?

As of now, no. It's compatible with FfH 041 patch j, which is linked in the first post of the bug thread along with the Orbis installer.

Next version, like Arkham said, will be a full installer and so will not require any FfH version.

Ok, after many delays, Orbis 1.0 is out. I have linked it in the first posts of welcome and bug threads.
It is still saturday here. For 14 more minutes, but still ;) So I guess I did it...

It works without soundtrack, so I advise to download the mod itself first. Especially as ancient, classical & medieval eras have some music even without soundtrack installed. Religions & renaissance will be silent though.

Please be warned that I did not have much time for tests, so there most certainly are bugs. Especially as this is a really BIG update.
I do not think it is so bad to name it beta, but we will see. Please post all bugs (including cosmetic issues) in the bug thread.

Top Bottom