Welcome To Our Worlds

The "La Société Diabolique Secrète" I believe is grammatically incorrect in French: adjectives that deal with good or evil are placed before nouns (Thus, bonjour, not "jourbon"). So thus, "La Société Diabolique Secrète" should be "La Diabolique Société Secrète". Apologies if this came too late.

Oh great. Now I've gotta change this?? I need a ruling. Is there a native speaker of the french language among us?

There is no "too late" here. There is only "just in time".
Steph is the one to contact.

Oh great. Now I've gotta change this??
There is no "too late" here. There is only "just in time".

You don't have to change it; it could be an in-joke to people who could speak French.

Placement before the noun
Certain adjectives are placed before the noun, some which you can memorize with the acronym "BAGS":

Beauty
Size (except for grand with people - see 3, below)

These descriptors - and a few others - are considered inherent qualities of the noun.

This came from this French teaching site, so I'm assuming the administrator knows native Francophones...

There's obviously a diabolically secret reason for spelling it that way. Something connected to Numerology or other such nonsense. Personally, I blame those online translators.

There's obviously a diabolically secret reason for spelling it that way. Something connected to Numerology or other such nonsense. Personally, I blame those online translators.
The Priory of Sion creating more red herrings. :p

I can't wait till this scenario is finished! (P.S. I find it amusing how Pythonism is one of the "Things that Man was not meant to Know.)

See? Now it's occasional comments like that that remind me that we're not just doing this for ourselves. Where did that quote come from?
That's the TATTMWNMTK category from my tech icon collection, amongst other places. I see the quote ascribed often to David Cronenberg, but I think it goes back at least to HPL if not earlier.

Exactly how much progress has been done in the last eight months?

You could be forgiven for not immediately seeing our progress, but rest assured that the game is, as they say, afoot. Much of the work this spring was done without discussion, and with very few public posts, so there isn't the paper trail one would expect, but here's a behind-the-scenes look at our year to date:

Spoiler :
Steampunk Lost Worlds Progress Report
August 7, 1829

An Update as to the progress of the collective endeavour known as the Lost Worlds Mod.​

We began the year getting the unit request thread in order, and deciding which of them were priority units. Balthasar had to take some personal time off in the spring, so nothing happened for awhile, then we got into doing the Wonder splashes and Blue Monkey came up with a wonderful template for the time machine, which he has begun (also) working on. After everyone did some playtesting, it was decided to add another Civ to Britain, (originally 5 civs, but that got immediately unmanageable) and one, maybe two to Barsoom (the Lotharians and the Firstborn). The new Civ in Britain is The Black Coats, Leader: John Devil. This has begun to be integrated into the biq. We still don't have a John Devil Leaderhead yet. Varlin Saliptor had expressed interest in making a Fu Manchu leaderhead, but we haven't heard from him since.

Lots of News on the Unit Front. In addition to the Peeler & Bobby, made by Balam-Agab, and the awesome Tardis made by Vuldacon, we now have a plethora of new units made by Wyrmshadow, including a shiny new Nautilus. A little bird tells us that we may have a custom housekeeper and maybe an Alice by fall. Wyrm made us a Cavorite Sphere model, and we're currently looking for someone to animate it. In the last few days, inspired by some top notch recoloring being done in the forum, we've been discussing ways that existing units might be recolored for the mod.

In summary, the Lost Worlds mod is on track, albeit moving at a slower rate than we'd probably prefer. At present, while we wait on unit makers, some of us are using this time to do graphics (such as the time machine), and Bal & King Arthur will be working on unit lines together next week. At present, we expect that a playtestable beta (ceta?) could be available by September, but we're truly optimists, and that has to be taken into account, always.

Of course if you see anything in there that you could assist with, feel free to let us know. I hope this makes you feel better.

Are you guys aware of the very Steampunk Dr. Grordbort line of rayguns and other associated items made and sold by Weta Workshops, the New Zealand company that did the Lord of the Rings.

I don't know much about it, but I saw the rayguns and a statue of Dr. Grordbort at the Weta Workshops mini museum last year before I left NZ.

Not sure if this will be useful for the Mod or not, but thought you guys might be interested anyway. Perhaps the Character Dr. Grordbort could be used in the Mod, if some unit makers sign up to make all the stuff you guys still need. I think he is supposed to have gone to the moon to fight aliens with his rayguns. There might be a comic they produce, can't remember.

Keep up the good work guys!

Nick

EDIT: Doing a google image search brings up lots of pics too. Like this:

Spoiler :

So I guess a beta scenario will be available by the end of the year?

Yes, if everything goes as planned. Blue Monkey just delivered the completed Wonder Splashes and they're eye-popping!
I think there are a couple left to do that I had put off until the nameplate issues were resolved. Wycliffe Tower, for example. Balthasar, please double check & give me an updated "need to do" list.

Top Bottom