Welcome to the Community Patch!

Thanks for the answer. The project looks really promising and I hope you get it all up and running well!

Who knows, maybe I'll actually start modding again one day and come help out again :)

\Skodkim

Based on my experience, there's no technical reason preventing you from running both mods concurrently. However, as development on this mod progresses, functional clashes will likely arise between the two.

In short, I recommend using one or the other.

Hi there buddies,

I've looking at the Smart AI changes done on the Community Patch DLL, to my surprise about 90% of the work done was successfully merged!

There's one "stupid" change that makes the most improvement on the AI early progression, was one code that ups the formula that makes workers "mandatory" for city from 3/4 of the number of cities to 1 per city. I'll review all the related code, and I have in mind to take into acount the handicap for worker speed, but that's an important one.

Also there's the code to get the AI to buy buildings and such, but seems is replaced with other improvements.

I still have to re-make theSmart AI dll using the new patched dll as base... This time of the year is troublesome for me to get some free time for my hobbies.

BTW, the dll is NOT updated with the last patch, even is a minor one that only affect multiplayer, wouldn't be a bad idea to check it out.

Whatever we do, I strongly urge that we don't fracture the dll base further by branching off a separate 'Smart AI' dll from the CP. For the sake of the community, let's keep as many changes as we can in the same dll. The CP is already the most cohesive dll, as it has code from you, me, whoward, Putmalk, jamforce, ilteroi, and others in it. Let's not fracture off from that, if we can help it.

Most of the Smart AI is in the CP- I replaced some stuff with more fleixble code, but yeah, it's mostly there. Glad to have you on board, as AI changes are such massive time-consuming tasks (even the smallest changes). The more people we have working on the AI, the faster we can solve a few of the bigger issues. Ilteroi is, IIRC, going to look at danger plots and tactical repositioning, and I've been doing work on scoring algorithms for beliefs, policies, etc. If you want to work on workers and civilian utility, that'd be great.

G

Yeah Gazebo, I understand your common effort on the CP project and I will give it the proper priority. Keep in mind I have the Smart AI DLL outdated, and there are 12,8k subscribers on steam with it in the current state.

I will keep two proyects for my work, one will be the complete CP dll as fork. And other will be the Smart AI dll, keeping the exact structure used on the CP dll for the common code.

I will use the Smart AI dll as "playground" for several improvements I've got in mind, and when I have solid and tested changes, I will port them to the CP fork and issue a pull request.

Some things I've got in mind, some of them are long pending from my previous work:

- The code used for city governor: production focus is suboptimal, many times you get much less food and gold for minor hammer improvements. AI uses it a lot, specially when they go for a wonder race.

- The AI wont make a GP improvement if there are other minor improvements already done in every tile.

- General City build priority doesn't take into account many factors like: Try to build military diversity (They have already 10 melee and 1 ranged, stop making melee units!!), Keep an eye on gold income before growing a military force even further! (many of the most belical AIs go 90% units and 10% everything else, going negative and severely damaging their economy even if they will not conquer any neighbor soon).

- AI should keep a better understanding on possible low risk expansion when there's LOT of unclaimed territory near them.

- AI should keep units mostly near borders and roads. They tend to have the units spread all over the empire where they are of no use (aside city garrison)

- AI should scort civilians whenever possible, even inside their borders, they are still too silly and lose many workers to barbs due to this.

- AI should have certain priority for a absolute minimal military sentry force per city to avoid some situations where their growth is crushed due to a few barbs, mainly because they decided to go worker with all remaining units on scout mode (this should be measured along with handicaps).

- Air units tend to rebase a lot instead on attacking, when tthere's "only" high danger calculated but no true risk to lose city on next turn.

- Seems there are still situations in witch some units will attack cities with 1 HP left without conquest move.

- AI sends GP/missioners trough territory of opponent/CS who is at war. AI still making prophets/missioners on modern era.

- Is possibly AI doesn't even know what is an Anti-air unit and use them as frontline melee.

- AI sometimes left the Generals unprotected on the field, scorting them should have a high priority. Their general positioning sometimes is poor.

Hi, I'm looking to try a barbarian overhaul, based on CBP (CBP will not be required but side effects on gameplay without CBP won't be a priority) and I have a few questions :
  • Is there a place where I would find a list of barbarians features modified by CP/CBP?
  • Is there a risk features I'll add have side effects on CSD and C4D, so I'll need to add compatibility to my dev?

More generally, where to open a new thread for this mod, as it is focused on CP/CBP is this subforum a good place for such mods?

I like the new monopol mechanism.
Is there any way to check which monopols you currently hold an which effects they have?

Yes, in the "Economic Overview" on the right tab, "Resources & Happiness".

Is there such a thing as monopolymonger? j/k:lol:
Spoiler :

Have a good game.

I downloaded (1) Community Patch.zip from the Mega link. How do you install it?

The patch website seems to be a Github without any instructions and the Wiki link doesn't mention any installation instructions either?

Hello.
I would like to know the difference between Communitas expansion pack, community project patch with cbo (cbp or vox populi) and CCTP.
Is ther one that is more complete and stable? and compatible with cultural diffusion?
I presume they are compatible with whoward's picnmix mod page (other then dll) ?
Can we still make suggestion for civ 5 community mod? Like improvement Training ground ( gives xp to unit )

Last edited:
Sang_Froid. I believe I can answer your question by forwarding you to the up to date Vox Populi summary page: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/community-patch-how-to-install.528034/
This has a description of each of VP's components: CP, CBO, CSDM, C4DF and ML. And compatible mods.https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/mods-compatible-with-community-balance-patch-cbp.542679/. I'm afraid I do not know what you mean by CCTP. :)
Thanks for your reply.
CCTP = community call to power https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ-5-community-call-to-power-project.472/
, a project made by gilgamesch, that looked similar to cpp at first sight. But after trying both ( a few turns with IGE to see tech tree, units, resources, etc and most changes ) I saw that Cctp change the gameplay much more then Cpp, the tech tree is completly different, separated in 3 disctinct path. More resources
But It also looked to me ( i might be mistaken ) that Cctp is less stable then VP (vox populi ) and probably less compatible with other mods.
That say i will eventually try a complete game with cctp then ill try SuperPower- clash of Civ after i made one with the configuration i am curently making using Vp and some other mods.,

So i supose Vox Populi is at its final stage of conception and no more content will be add ....
I would've like realy like to see the features of this mod incorporated to the tech tree.
- Ancient Techs Rebalanced
Its not realy big changes but i believe it realy enhance antiquity Era.
If I had the knowledge i would do it myself, but it would take probably weeks just to learn how to. and i dont realy have that patience
If only, so many things i would do
SuperPower, Clash of civilizations looks pretty cool too, filled with lots of nice features.
it might be my next game

Top Bottom