Wet Stonehenge (Wonders and buildings on Water)

Happened to me with Pyramids. I took a screenie but forgot to save it.

Just so you know, each time you hit the "print screen" button, the game creates a screenshot file (.tga) under this folder :

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ScreenShots

So, don't worry if you hit print screen twice or what not :)

Not sure if this has been reported (didn't see it). Floating colosseums would be cool but I don't think they existed.

The latest patch is online. But how long do we have to see bathing Stonehenge and Flying River!? Why can't these simple but annoying and really laughable aesthetical details be fixed? I can make a long list of everything that's going wrong on the "living, breathing, realistic" world map.

Bathing Stonehenge

Flying River

Moderator Action: Threads merged. The_J

Yup bug is still there post patch - I am at the moment admiring my Angor Waterpark :lol:

Rat

In almost every game I play one of the wonders I build end up in the water.

Attachments

• civ5_wonder_over_water.jpg
    civ5_wonder_over_water.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 732
  • wonder over water.Civ5Save
    366.4 KB · Views: 178
Arrrrggghhhh, this isn't a bug - i like such stuff - it's funny in a sense.

There isn't that much room around any rendered hex-tiles while you may find that many things overlap in all directions between a city range and whatever happens to be near, including coastal areas.
It could have been coded for tightly deployed elements on that single hexagonal shape -- but, seriously how incredibly clugged do you want your map to displays?
:sarcasm:

This shouldn't be considered a bug. There's no actual reason you couldn't build a pyramid or other wonder over water IRL. It'd be a harder feat of engineering, but still definitely possible, especially in shallow coastal waters. It's not any crazier than any civilization being able to build any wonder, even wonders clearly dissonant with the civilization's culture and architectural styles (e.g. European civilizations building the Taj Mahal, Angkor Wat, or the Porcelain Tower). If anything, water wonders are cool and showcase the different possibilities that civilizations might have taken in the alternate histories that are every civilization game.

Wet wonders are also present in patch .275.

See how Honolulu's port is guarded by 2 pyramids: The Great Pyramid of Cheops at Giza and Chichen Itza. Also, I've earned the hidden "Freemasonry's paradise" achievement at Steam :lol:

Years later, I built the Lighthouse and Chichen Itza is now placed on land.

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 251
Top Bottom