What after the New Frontier Pass - the end or more

I'm pretty sure it's for people who bought the NFP in one purchase, not just for the ones who perodered. I didn't preorder the NFP, but I got the Persona Packs.

Edited my comment to reflect your more accurate take :goodjob:

Edited my comment to reflect your more accurate take :goodjob:
I don't mean to be pedantic or rude, but I also got the Maya and Gran Colombia Pack before I got the NFP as a whole, and still got the Persona Packs. :p

Apologies if I come off as rude or nitpicking, again.

Given the lifespan of Paradox's efforts and there long range of dlc, I wouldn't be surprised if there was another attempt at an expansion pass while the going is good.

I'm expect Civ VII might not come out till 2023/2024.

I'm fine if they take the time to make it good, and to make it a differentiated product from the previous installments. But I do want to see 7 eventually.

It would be nice to have some more Civ6. Add some 10-15 civs and balance things out. I think we have enough modes after the Corp one comes in and especially if Barbs is one too.

I’d rather have many more civs than start on 7.

It would be nice to have some more Civ6. Add some 10-15 civs and balance things out. I think we have enough modes after the Corp one comes in and especially if Barbs is one too.

I’d rather have many more civs than start on 7.
Honestly I'm not too pumped about the supposed Barbarian Mode. Given that the Barbarians are already powerful, if they make them more powerful, I will rage... for about a second.

Your solution would certainly work, but it isn't what many players would want to see. I'd like to see it as an alternative option available in Civ etc.
Perhaps you are right. But a certain twist in a mid-game is rather necessary to break the snowball effect. But I agree this way or another it will be risky and would change the game in a way many players could not accept.

Corporation mod is the only one that I was hype about it, and it does look like it's going to be fun enough to play with it on, all the time. All this fantasy thematic mods are just waste for me. Simply not interesting.
Also, although historical, barbarian mod is something that I am not interesting at all.

I would like to have more civilizations/leaders options to play with and against. Even 60 civilization wouldn't fill up my apatite.:lol:

Some nice scenarios would be neat. The problem is after Civ3 (that have three or four great scenarios in Conquest) the only one that I really liked it and played a lot in 4, 5 or 6 was Scramble For Africa. So scenarios Yes, but will it be something that I am interesting in.. don't know, hardly though.

So at least I am excited for more Civs, more Leaders, as I do not expect Civ 7 to be released before the end of 2022 and once when that happened it might be a disappointment, so let's play and add to this one, more.
Civ6 is one dissent civilization iteration.

Reactions: Sic
The NFP, given It's paced lenghty release, choose and mix features and reuse of leader animations honestly feels like something a reduced dev group would produce, I'm of the idea they are already working in civ7, but could very well mantain this rythm and produce another pass to focus on civs, alt leaders/personas, and polishing and deepening what they've already added.

I agree, if Portugal is the last one, well we could expect a few last patches before they move on.

The NFP, given It's paced lenghty release, choose and mix features and reuse of leader animations honestly feels like something a reduced dev group would produce, I'm of the idea they are already working in civ7, but could very well mantain this rythm and produce another pass to focus on civs, alt leaders/personas, and polishing and deepening what they've already added.

I agree, if Portugal is the last one, well we could expect a few last patches before they move on.

If you can trust this guy knows what his talking about.. they did start new civilization production, however it does look like just recently. Not familiar how long is the process before it's ready for public, just assuming between one and 2 years.

Civilization 7 Confirmed! - YouTube

edit: also I totally agree and hope that reduced group can continue with dlc civs, just like some kind of official civilization moders who does have all recourses to do it .

I don't mean to be pedantic or rude, but I also got the Maya and Gran Colombia Pack before I got the NFP as a whole, and still got the Persona Packs. :p

Apologies if I come off as rude or nitpicking, again.

You are fine Duke. Don't worry about it :)

Given the lifespan of Paradox's efforts and there long range of dlc, I wouldn't be surprised if there was another attempt at an expansion pass while the going is good.

I'm expect Civ VII might not come out till 2023/2024.

I'd rather Expansions rather than the Pass style of release. They both have their advantages, but what swings it for me is that with the expansion any bugs, either in the official content or in mods, get (or should get) noticed and sorted within a month. And then that's it till the next expansion in a year or so. Whereas with the Pass you end up repeating that process monthly at times! So the game is never fixed for long :undecide:

Perhaps you are right. But a certain twist in a mid-game is rather necessary to break the snowball effect. But I agree this way or another it will be risky and would change the game in a way many players could not accept.

Which is why I think it should be an option rather than the only way.

If there is more content after NPF, I'd prefer that it's more focused on leaders than in full Civilizations. I mean, if the civ in March is Portugal, we can get after that:
One civ in North America (Iroquois, Navajo...)
One civ in North Africa (Morocco or Berbers)
One ancient civilization (Assyria or Hittites)
Italian representation (Venice, Frorence, Genoa or Italy as whole)
The other ones can be alt-leaders and persona packs:
Ramesses II for Egypt
Otto von Bismarck for Germany
Ivan the Terrible for Russia
And more some.

They can be compressed into 4 or 5 DLCs.
Add in Maria Theresa for Germany and Hungary instead of Bismarck and I'm sold. :mischief:
Though I'd love to see Assyria and possibly the Hittites, that might be too generous of Firaxis. That being said if we do get a North American civ in March I could see Portugal and Italy being paired together and Berbers/Morocco being paired with an Egyptian leader, if they don't go for Assyria or Hittites.

Thanks, Inalways get confused between them, I was never familiar with the American bonuses before they released the persona packs, so I don't recognise which is which.
Even though Rough Rider Teddy is the new model, Bull Moose Teddy received the new ability name, most of the new bonuses, and new agenda. Rough Rider Teddy kept the old ability name, most of the old bonuses, and the old agenda. It's confusing all around. :crazyeye:

If you can trust this guy knows what his talking about.. they did start new civilization production, however it does look like just recently. Not familiar how long is the process before it's ready for public, just assuming between one and 2 years.

Civilization 7 Confirmed! - YouTube

edit: also I totally agree and hope that reduced group can continue with dlc civs, just like some kind of official civilization moders who does have all recourses to do it .
I think there is one good word in Your language describing this video: "sranje" ;)
The video is from 2019 and the only argument for Civ VII he gave is a new Civ trademark registered in Nov 2019. I think this trademark refers to New Frontier Pass announced 6 months later.

Maya, Byzantium and Babylon were all big hitters for the NFP... Can Portugal sustain an expansion pack by itself? Who would be the other possible headline names? Austria? Denmark? Iroquois? Assyria? Morroco? Venice?

I agree that if we see Portugal as the last civ then it's game over... But honestly even if we don't see Portugal, the next pack is short on heavy hitters...

Maya, Byzantium and Babylon were all big hitters for the NFP... Can Portugal sustain an expansion pack by itself? Who would be the other possible headline names? Austria? Denmark? Iroquois? Assyria? Morroco? Venice?

I agree that if we see Portugal as the last civ then it's game over... But honestly even if we don't see Portugal, the next pack is short on heavy hitters...

Yeah, we have used a good amount of the big civs, but I think you could still find enough civs to make up a new pack. There's still a good number of either empty areas, or potentially new civs out there. Yeah, maybe not "Babylon"-levels of interest, but there's a lot of NFP civs which I assume are not huge draws. Like, I doubt there's a million people who are like, "Whoa, the Gaul? Take my money!"

I would imagine that something based around Portugal, Sioux/Iroquois, Berbers, Italy/Venice, plus some others like maybe a Carribean tribe, another African nation, etc... I don't think that's necessarily that much less of a draw than NFP is.

Yeah, we have used a good amount of the big civs, but I think you could still find enough civs to make up a new pack. There's still a good number of either empty areas, or potentially new civs out there. Yeah, maybe not "Babylon"-levels of interest, but there's a lot of NFP civs which I assume are not huge draws. Like, I doubt there's a million people who are like, "Whoa, the Gaul? Take my money!"

I would imagine that something based around Portugal, Sioux/Iroquois, Berbers, Italy/Venice, plus some others like maybe a Carribean tribe, another African nation, etc... I don't think that's necessarily that much less of a draw than NFP is.
I think it would work for the majority of us on the forum.

I'm not sure that everyone in the general public would jump on board over a Caribbean tribe or another "obscure" African nation. Not to mention some might not even know who the Berbers are. :rolleyes:

Maybe Portugal, Italy/Venice and the Sioux/Iroquois would entice people but then again one of them will most likely come in March, so you'd be down one. :p
And I unfortunately don't mean Italy/Venice. :sad:

Hmm, seem like besides alt leader system
An XP for late game mechanism is also needed before DEV can really wrap up the whole civ 6 series
Like many said here before, now civ6 really need some new feature to keep the late gameplay as fun as BNW of civ5

I think there is one good word in Your language describing this video: "sranje" ;)
The video is from 2019 and the only argument for Civ VII he gave is a new Civ trademark registered in Nov 2019. I think this trademark refers to New Frontier Pass announced 6 months later.
Ouch! :blush: I mixed up the years, I thought it was from last November. You are right about "the word" :D

They usually go with some pattern with new civilizations. IIRC one third old civ with same old leader, one third old civ with new leader or vice versa, one third new never introduced civ with new leader.

..also, one in a three leaders to be a female.

Just like example here are civs from one to six that would be already in some of the games but not yet in civ 6:

All from original civ1 are here. And then:

Sioux

Vikings

Holy Roman Empire

Carthaginian

Portuguese

Iroquois

Native American

Swedish

Assyrian

Songhai

Danish

Polynesian

Austrian

Shoshone

Siamese

Venetian

Hunnic

Morocco

Naturally some are excluded like Vikings, Celts or Carthaginian as we already have it in a way just under the different name or divided on few different civs.

List of leaders that were in some previous civs (and some can be used as a leader of different civs coming in next post.

Anyway, if there will be another 9 civs pass minimum three should be from this list (minus one that left in new frontier pass.

Well, seeing as I'm not a history buff but do have an interest in history, I'll name some civs that I recognise and would be interested in, which might be an indication of what could be somewhat widely appealing and not just to history buffs. Granted some may be rooted in a misconception of mine, so be forgiving:

• Venice.
  • Goths/Huns/etc.
  • Portugal.
  • Iroquois.
  • Apache.
  • Assyrians.
  • Berbers.
  • Maybe Prussia, although an alt for HRE might be better.
  • Carthaginians.
  • Damacians.
  • Parthians.
  • Papal States.
And that is pretty Eurocentric too - I'm tired, but I'm sure other non European ones could be named and I'd jump on board. I'd actually be really excited for a nomadic one (I know, strictly speaking that wouldn't be a civilisation, sue me, I'd enjoy having the novelty of the completely different mechanics). You can add onto those more alts and second civs as well.

The point is though, there are plenty to pick from. It's just whether it's worth it.

Top Bottom