What are the most annoying pop fads?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Bugfatty300, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Bugfatty300

Bugfatty300 Buddha Squirrel

Cell phones can be useful for a lot of situations and plenty of responsible and considerate people who them and I have no problem with that. Unfortunately that is not the case in America where the youth has turned them into handheld AOL boxes.

In America cell phones have become a status symbol among the youth. Its all about who has the newest, trippiest looking phone, with the craziest graphics and who can send the most gibberish texts messages with the most smiley faces in 5 minutes.

And the marketers know this. Just look at any cell phone commercial in America.

At my college, there is actually designated cell phone areas outside several doors. Exactly how smokers have their own little niche somewhere. And there is always groups of students out there jabbering away. And if you ever just sit and listen, the conversations are all pointless. Its never "Hey, my car won't start. Can you bring some Jumper cables?" Its always "Hey baby. I love you....no I love you baby!" or "You won't believe what he/she just said to me!"

2. MjM

MjM Deity

Chuck Norris is my homedawg!

Ring ring ring, Bannaphone!

I should buy a new Pink shirt today..

Oh! Someone called me on my cellphone.

MTV is the shiznit.

10char

:p

3. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

nickelback and all other crappy wish-they-would-die pop-ternative bands

4. Ultima Dragoon

Ultima Dragoon FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!

Chuck Norris and the crazy frog. The crazy frog is actually called "the thing".

5. The Condor

The Condor On an excellent adventure

I know who doesn't?

Ooh, I hate that too. I once saw this old van that had seven of them (two big ones and five little ones) and they looked horrible.

Actually, I have one and its always off (and it still somehow loses all of its battery power:ack:). I don't want to be bothered hearing it ring and stuff and I generally call back the people who called me on my own time.

1)Agree 2)I agree except I can't help but say I do like one song of it:D!

I agree....

6. Ultima Dragoon

Please tell me you don't actually have the CD of it.

7. The Condor

The Condor On an excellent adventure

I actually do. Bought it at Target one day. Crazy Frog--Crazy Hits. Though the rest of the stuff is crap besides the one song I play once a eon on my iPod.

8. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

Kill Him! He likes the frog!!!!:ar15::ar15::ar15:

9. Dann

Dann Green bug

What a waste of resources. :shake: But then again, that's how teenagers here behave too.

10. Sidhe

Sidhe Deity

Oh man don't get me started on mobile phones. I've seen four people sitting together on trains spend a whole half hour journey talking to four seperate people on their mobiles. Talk about death nell of communication. No Im just phoning to say I'll be home in 20 mins, yeah train delayed, yeah proceed to discuss entire day. Comes home

dinners on the table

k....

Save your conversation for when your with them to some extent, conversation is 2/3rds visual at least. :rolleyes:

People who use the term pwned? Shut up you fool, how can being beaten in a game by luck or good play or whatever mean that some spelling mistake induced insipid phrase will induce me to being your slave. Hate that sheeplike bleating post games, just sad? There is such a thing as being a bad winner you know:D

Web sites that say FREE!!!! and actually mean what we give you will be so inadequate you will be forced to upgrade or that it's free to read the message but we'll make you pay later on, honestly as far as I cans ee it's mostly US web sites that do this; do they honestly believe you guys are that gullible?:lol:

Mobile phone ringtones: crazy frog, kill the people who invented this they are evil I tell you!!!

Mobile phones are the weapons of Satan raise up and destroy the brain probes now before the master calls you all back into his service!!!:crazyeye:

11. h4ppy

h4ppy You sir, pineapple?

I just remembered another one, British slang. I doubt any of you hateit as much as me but I want to punch everyone who says "at university" or spells it arse. Not sure how this started but this type of thing (especially the arse spelling) have popped up overnight for me and I want it gone.

12. skadistic

skadistic Caomhanach

*snigger* Thats just pants. Dont be an arse :p

I see british slang daily and as I try to get past it parts of my mind twich. It may be causeing brain damige. Could esplain a numbor of posts on CFC. :)

13. MattJek

MattJek King

COR BLIMEY!! I think british slang is diamond! :cool:

14. CaptainF

CaptainF The Professional Poster

Which is exactly why I opt out of using them.

15. Sidhe

Sidhe Deity

I've seen some rational people say that they're embarassed by the size of their phones or that it's not up to date enough, man those things are suposed to be tools not personality extensions or status symbols: What!!! It's a bloody phone not a 600,000 pound Jaguar, Christ on a bike!!:lol:

Gotta love that well I don't think I could live without mine stuff, no well how did you manage for the twenty years before you had one? Were you wondering around in a stupour banging into things?

If you need one buy one, if you want to use it to substitute for proper face to face communication, don't:rolleyes:

Mobile phones honestly, they are useful there just not that useful.:crazyeye:

16. Lozzy_Ozzy

Lozzy_Ozzy Rapture

Haha! If we actually spoke like that I would be worried :p.

17. Phlegmak

Phlegmak Deity

Good lordy!

Talking on cell phones in cars -> accidents

My former coworkers used to leave their cell phones on their desks. They would walk away, get phone calls, and then they ring for 2 minutes.

One guy I saw got a phone call, his phone rang loudly, and he ignored it. This was in a restaurant. It just rang and rang.

Cell phones in theaters.

Cell phones during plays.

Cell phones on trains.

Cell phones while you're eating, and your friend is on the phone.

I don't own a cell phone and I never want one.

18. Ultima Dragoon

:nuke:

Forget the :ar15: 's, we need :nuke:'s. Lots and lots of :nuke:'s.

19. h4ppy

h4ppy You sir, pineapple?

I wish that cell phone proof walls weren't illegal. :(

20. Global Nexus

Global Nexus Terran Confederate

The whole "tough men wear pink" thing. It disgraces those [like, uh, me] who actually like the color for its feminine appearance.