1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What are the most annoying pop fads?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Bugfatty300, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Mr. Dictator

Mr. Dictator A Chain-Smoking Fox

greenday shirts on little middle school girls

wiggers from the suburbs

and ug boots, dear lord ug boots

2. shadow2k

shadow2k Emperor

I haven't had a land-line phone for the past 12yrs, and don't ever intend to get one. But I don't do any of the things you or many others mentioned. Not to mention I keep it on vibrate.

I hate the personalized ringtones, and the headsets that people use everywhere.

3. Dann

Dann Green bug

Another Dragon Quest player eh? :D

4. Dann

Dann Green bug

Personalized ringtones can be fun. Imagine a crying baby, a crowing rooster or one that goes: "Pick up the phone you bum!!!" while you're in a jampacked bus. :lol:

As for the headsets, yes I hate them too. Makes it hard to tell that they're not really talking to themselves or at you. Pretty unnerving to be walking along the street and the guy coming at you suddenly screams (seemingly at you): "How the heck can you do that? Are you freaking out of your mind?" Two seconds later and having jumped out of the way and THEN you realize he's talking on the phone with a wireless headset. :mad:

5. Fifty

Fifty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOH I thought of a GOOD one.

People who dislike things that are popular/mainstream just because they are popular/mainstream. Common examples include only liking "underground" bands, not buying "name brand" cloths just for the sake of doing so, and other such crap! Throw 'em all in a death chamber I say!

6. Volum

Volum The Zapper

Dragostea din tei had me close to cutting of my ears a few times.

7. h4ppy

h4ppy You sir, pineapple?

I agree on some things, like music. Things like clothing however are understandable since people who buy brand-name cloths deserve to be shoved into an oven.

8. skadistic

skadistic Caomhanach

Its people like that who make people like me who buy no-name clothes because we're cheap bastards look trendy. I don't want to be trendy and couldn't care less about whats "cool".

Another pop fad I hate is "ricers" that think the 2.0 in thier honda is fast and can hang with an ls1 Fiero.

9. h4ppy

The worst part about ricers (other than the fact that their music is set at "disturbing the peace," and their dangerous street racing) is that instead of buying a good car and making it great, they buy a ten year old peice of crap and make it good.

10. MattJek

MattJek King

You bet! I just finished it after 4 months and 80+ hours of playing time. :goodjob:

11. Syterion

Syterion Voodoo Economist

I don't understand. Why are people both against mainstream things and the alternative? Should we not listen to music at all? Unless I mistake your meaning and you just hate people who use such labels to look cool, I don't see how someone can refute all types of music. I for one like indie music, just for a lack of a better description. I also like other types of music. Me, I don't feel this requires a death sentence.

And I can't really think of anything on topic that much besides some speech phrases that mildly annoy me, like "same difference" or "I could care less." Although one thing that annoys me a lot that has been spreading is that people have been shortening words and adding "s" for no reason, such as "maybs" instead of "maybe." It just doesn't have any appeal that I can think of.

12. shadow2k

shadow2k Emperor

No, it's the people that go out of their way to be different...or the same. The people that just try way too hard.

13. Sidhe

Sidhe Deity

It's a good point but too many people base their judgements on what they have and not their own self worth, it's annoying, I judge someone on that someone not what car he drives or what mobile he has, OK kids are to stupid to realise that that **** is meaningless, but an adult would know better:rolleyes:

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

Full ****ing stop, not a single thing you own will ever make you better than you are, improve yourself not your image:rolleyes:

14. Mr. Dictator

Mr. Dictator A Chain-Smoking Fox

i go out of my way to avoid crap, sorry if thats trying too hard

15. LLXerxes

LLXerxes Space Travel is Boring

It's so dandy having cell phones go off when you're taking a test... especially when they're not yours.

Here's a list-
    iPods
    rap music
    lack of concern about education
    fascination with shoes
    emos!
    People my age doing it
    Asian/black/afghan pride (more specifically -having people tell me to 'shut up, skinny white cracker)
    AOL/intranet/fake-1337 jargon (lik, r u goin 2 the mal on sat??? i want 2 talk 2 u about wut 2 bi)

but this is where I really cross the line...
    Fat unattractive girls wearing miniskirts :mad:

16. h4ppy

Fat girls unaware of how they look, how could I forget. "Oreo syndrome" is a horrible thing.

Oh, another thing I hate. A girl I went to school with wore cat ears and a tail as a catty outfit. Ugh. (Thank goodness that isn't actually a fad)

17. bhsup

bhsup Deity

Where in the world, unless you make your own clothing, do you find NON name-brand clothing? Heck, my Wal-Mart jeans have name brands...Faded Glory and Wrangler.

18. Riesstiu IV

Riesstiu IV Deity

Posting in forums.

19. LLXerxes

LLXerxes Space Travel is Boring

He probably means major brand clothing, such as "adidas", "aeropostale", "holister" to name a few. My friends called me "gay" one time when I bought Avia running shoes, rather than big uncomfortable horrendously overpriced stupid looking Nike shoes.

20. bhsup

bhsup Deity

Ah, okay. I always referred to those as designer clothing. For example, some silly sap who wore Calvin Klein jeans wore designer jeans.