1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] What Civilizations do you want to see next? And do you want Civilization 6 to be expanded more?

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Duke William of Normandy, Jul 27, 2020.

?

Which of these Civilizations do you want to see in Civ 6?

1. Austria

39.3%
  2. Israel

32.8%
  3. Denmark

24.6%
  4. Serbia

13.1%
  5. Byzantium

49.2%
  6. Cuba

18.0%
  7. Portugal

54.1%
  8. Lakota

21.3%
  9. Italy

34.4%
  10. Burgundy

8.2%
  11. Mughals

37.7%
  12. Pontus

8.2%
  13. Dahomey

9.8%
  14. Iroquois

26.2%
  15. Vandals

4.9%
  16. Saxons

4.9%
  17. Bulgaria

13.1%
  18. Sikhs

4.9%
  19. Palmyra

1.6%
  20. Madagascar

4.9%
  21. Morocco

3.3%
  22. Tibet

1.6%
  23. Boers

1.6%
  24. Chola

1.6%
  25. Hawaii

3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy Warlord

Hello everyone. This is a thread of Civilization ideas I have. If you wish to see more, put in a request, and I will see what I can do. You can also suggest ideas in this forum, to see how creative our minds are.

Sid Meier's Civilization 6: Kings and Generals

Yi Sin-Sin of the Korean Empire

Yi Sun-sin.png

Leader Ability: Myeongnyang
    +10 combat strength for Naval Units when defending. +50% experience and +100% production towards naval units when at war.
    Gain the Turtle Ship unique unit with Gunpowder.

Unique Unit: Turtle Ship
    Korean Unique Renaissance Era Naval Melee Unit that replaces the Caravel when Yi Sun-sin is their leader. Gains +3 combat strength for each promotion earned.
    Requires 10 Niter to train.

Production Cost: 365

Gold Cost: 1460

Maintenance Cost: 2

Movement Points: 3

Melee Strength: 70

Sight Range: 2

Leader Agenda: Samdo Sugun Tongjesa
    Builds a strong navy, and likes civilizations that don't compete in naval units.
    Dislikes those who rival him in naval strength.

Greeting: Welcome. I am Yi Sun-sin, Naval Commander of the Three Provinces, and humble servant of the Joseon dynasty. For what purpose have you come?

Agenda Approval: I commend your deference in that you acknowledge the superiority of our fleets.

Agenda Disapproval: While I do not wish for war, failure to acknowledge our naval supremacy will be seen as an act of open aggression by the king’s court.

Attacked: Shameful, arrogant barbarian! Your mobs shall be destroyed before they lay a hand on the Korean people!

Declares War: I did not wish for this bloodshed. But as the king demands it, I shall obey his command.

Defeated: The kingdom has fallen, and I have failed my people. Please, protect my people, and do not fail them as I have.

Klemens von Metternich of the Austrian Empire

Klemens von Metternich.jpeg

Leader Ability: Prince of Diplomats
    +1 Diplomatic Policy Slot. -50% Diplomatic Favor cost for World Congress Resolutions.

Civilization Ability: Austro-Hungarian Empire
    City-States Austria is Suzerain of provide +100% Suzerainty Bonus and double Diplomatic Favor.

Unique Unit: Grenadier
    Austrian Unique Renaissance Ranged Unit.
    Can Melee Attack after a Ranged Attack if Movement allows.

Production Cost: 215

Gold Cost: 860

Gold Maintenance: 3

Melee Strength: 35

Ranged Strength: 47

Range: 2

Unique Infrastructure: Coffee House
    Austrian Unique Improvement unlocked with Banking.
    Can only build one Coffee House per City.

+1 Food

+2 Production

+1 Culture

+0.5 Housing

+100% Great Person Points to every adjacent Specialty District

+1 Gold for each adjacent Plantation, increasing
    to +2 Gold for each adjacent Plantation(with Civil Engineering)

+2 Tourism(with Flight)

Leader Agenda: Concert of Europe
    Will try to accumulate as much Diplomatic Favor as possible, and likes those that have a lot of Diplomatic Favor. Dislikes those who don’t have a lot of Diplomatic Favor.

Greeting: Salutations! I am Klemens Wenzel Nepomuk Lothar, Prince of Metternich-Winneburg zu Beilstein, and Chancellor of Austria. Come, let us discuss matters in the ballrooms.

Agenda Approval: The world is such a grand concert, playing the music of the conductor. I invite you to join Austria to make the music that is in our interest.

Agenda Disapproval: How do you expect to earn the world’s respect, if you do not make any effort to do so?

Attacked: I had expected more civility from the likes of you. Clearly, I was wrong.

Declares War on You: Your upset of the balance of power in the region has, with deep regret, convinced me that war is the course I must take.

Defeated: No! It cannot be possible! My life’s work is destroyed!

David of the Israeli Empire

David 2.jpg

Leader Ability: The Psalms
    Great Works of Writing provide +3 Faith and +3 culture.
    Holy Site Buildings provide Great Writer points equal to their Great Prophet point output.

Civilization Ability: Ten Commandments
    Entering a Golden Age grants Israel a free relic. Relics provide double Faith and Tourism.
    Holy Site Districts provide +2 Relic slots and Culture equal to their Faith adjacency bonus.

Unique Unit: Maccabee
    Israeli Unique Classical Era Melee Unit that replaces Swordsman. Can be purchased with Faith.
    Maccabee Units trained in a City with a Holy Site district gain +25% experience.
    Requires 10 Iron to train.

Production Cost: 110

Gold Cost: 440

Faith Cost: 220

Faith Maintenance: 3

Movement Points: 2

Melee Strength: 39

Unique Infrastructure: Yeshiva
    Israeli Unique Building that replaces the Library.
    Has +1 Slot of Great Work of Writing. Provides Faith and Great Writer Points.

Production Cost: 80

Faith: 2

Science: 2

+1 Great Scientist Point

+1 Great Writer Point

+1 Slot of Great Work of Writing

Leader Agenda: Shepherd King
    Tries to collect as many Relics and Great Works of Writing as possible, and likes those who do the same. Dislikes those who do not have Relics or Great Works of Writing.

Greeting: Ah, you are finally here. I am David, King of Israel, my crown granted to me by Hashem. I invite you to share in His grace.

Agenda Approval: Adonai hears your prayers, and bless you tenfold for it. Your praises to Him are as honey to the ears.

Agenda Disapproval: I beseech Adonai to free me of your noise. Your “music” is but incessant wailing and mourning!

Attacked: Hashem is our shield, and he will not fail to protect us.

Declares War on You: Your people cry out for a fair and righteous ruler. For the sake of your people, I shall bring them into my fold… By force!

Defeated: You may have subdued me, but Hashem shall continue to watch over His people. This I swear.

Joshua of the Israeli Empire

Joshua.jpg

Leader Ability: The Promised Land
    Tiles from Cities on Israel's Home Continent that Israel has conquered gain +1 Faith and Food. Units gain +5 Combat Strength when attacking City Center districts, +10 if the City Center has Walls.

Leader Agenda: Walls of Jericho
    Will try to conquer every foreign city on his home continent, and dislikes those who settle on his home continent. Likes those who don’t have cities on his home continent.

Greeting: Adonai keeps us secure if only we obey Him. I am Joshua, son of Nun,
    and I am the leader of these tribes. I invite you to offer a sacrifice with us.

Agenda Approval: We are both righteous men, both chosen by Adonai, and both of us are leaders of great nations. The only difference is where our nations reside.

Agenda Disapproval: The lands you settle were promised to us by Hashem. I humbly suggest that you do not tread on His Word.

Attacked: I call upon you, oh mighty Hashem! I beseech you to send ten-thousand flaming chariots to dash our foes to the dust.

Declares War on You: Hashem has shown us His will. And his will is for us to take your lands in His name.

Defeated: What sins did we commit, oh Adonai, that you deliver us into the hands of our enemies? What sins...?

Margaret I of the Danish Empire

Margaret I.jpg

Leader Ability: Union of Kalmar
    Trade Routes to Denmark's Allies provide +2 Culture and +2 Production for Denmark, and +2 Science and +2 Food for them. +2 Alliance Points and +50% decay of Grievances with every Civilization Denmark is allied with on Denmark's Home Continent.

Civilization Ability: Det Folkelige Gennembrud
    Entering a new Era grants Great Writer Points and Culture double the Era Score.

Unique Unit: Norwegian Ski Infantry
    Danish Unique Industrial Era Recon Unit that replaces the Ranger.
    Ignores Movement Cost for Tundra and Snow Hills.
    Gains +7 Ranged Strength when fighting in Tundra and Snow Hills.

Production Cost: 375

Gold Cost: 1500

Gold Maintenance: 4

Movement Points: 4

Melee Strength: 45

Ranged Strength: 55

Unique Infrastructure: Jelling Stones
    Danish Unique Improvement unlocked with Mysticism.

+1 Faith

+2 Culture

+1 Culture and Faith for every adjacent Holy Site and Theater Square

+1 Faith for every two adjacent Woods, increasing to +1 faith for every adjacent Woods(with Recorded History)

Cannot be built on Desert and Desert Hills.

+2 Tourism(with Flight)

Agenda: Greater Scandinavia
    Will try to maintain Alliances with Civilizations on her home continent, and likes those who ally with her. Dislikes those who do not ally with her.

Greeting: I am Margaret, Queen of Denmark, Norway, and Sweden, and the founder of the Kalmar Union. On behalf of all these kingdoms, I bid you welcome.

Agenda Approval: I thank you for your willingness to cooperate with us, and your desire for peace between our great nations.

Agenda Disapproval: You are poking at a sleeping bear, which has yet to awaken. I advise you to keep it asleep.

Attacked: I suppose you have not heard of this union’s power, considering this brazen attack. Well, we shall introduce you to our skill at arms!

Declares War on You: Soon, your lands will become greater, under the great Kalmar Union.

Defeated: Perhaps, I was not meant to unite Scandinavia… Perhaps, it is you who will unify this continent.

*Margaret I can also lead Norway and Sweden.

Karadorde of the Serbian Empire

Karadorde.jpg

Leader Ability: Serbian Revolution
    Great Generals receive an additional Charge. Units gain +6 Combat Strength and +1 Movement Point when fighting a Defensive War.
    Gain the Frakjori Unique Unit after researching Rifling.

Civilization Ability: Tsarigrad Road
    Tiles with Roads on them receive +2 Production, +1 Food, and +1 Gold. Districts on a Tile with a Road provide +2 of the appropriate Yield.

Unique Unit: Hajduk
    Serbian Unique Renaissance Era Melee Unit that replaces the Musketman.
    Costs no Movement Points to pillage Trade Routes, and +100% yields from pillaging Trade Units.

Production Cost: 220

Gold Cost: 880

Gold Maintenance: 1

Melee Strength: 50

Unique Unit: Frajkori
    Serbian Unique Industrial Era Melee Unit when Karadorde is their leader.
    +8 Combat Strength when fighting in Home Territory.

Production Cost: 350

Gold Cost: 1,400

Melee Strength: 63

Unique Infrastructure: Pijaca
    Serbian Unique Building that replaces the Market.
    Provides Food and extra Food for every Bonus Resource adjacent to its District.

+3 Gold

+2 Food

+1 Citizen Slot

+1 Great Merchant Point

+1 Food for every Bonus Resource adjacent to its District.

+1 Trade Route Capacity if this City doesn't have a Lighthouse

Leader Agenda: Koča’s Frontier
    Will rarely declare Wars, and likes those who do the same. Hates Warmongers and those who have conquered Cities.

Greeting: As Grand Vožd of Serbia, it is my duty to welcome you. I am Dorde Petrović, but you may call me Karadorde.

Agenda Approval: You show that you respect the independence and borders of the other nations surrounding you.

Agenda Disapproval: The peoples that you have conquered will not stand for your rule. They will rebel and raise the flag of their old nation, this I know well.

Attacked: Hah! You think your armies can just walk over us! Unfortunately, you have underestimated Serbia and the strength of its people.

Declares War on You: Your nation has trodden on my people for long enough. Prepare for battle!

Defeated: Though we lay defeated, Serbia and her people will still resist. If need be, to the bitter end.

Justinian I of the Byzantine Empire

Justinian.jpeg

Leader Ability: Renovatio Imperii
    +2% Production and Faith in all Cities for every Wonder in the Capital. (Caps at 10%)
    +30% Production towards repairing Pillaged Districts and Buildings.

Leader Agenda: Last of the Romans
    Will try to build as many Wonders, Districts, and Buildings, and likes those who do the same. Dislikes those who do not develop their Capital.

Greeting: Hail, Stranger. I am Justinian I, Emperor of the Romans. Come, see Constantinople and in all its glory and wonder.

Agenda Approval: While no city will be as proud as our grand capital, we approve of people who strive to make their cities as fine diamonds.

Agenda Disapproval: You call yourselves “civilized peoples,” but even the barbarians take better care of their settlements than you do for your pile of debris.

Attacked: Now our empires have entered into a bitter clash of which only one shall emerge supreme. Unfortunately for you, the triumphant one shall be ours.

Declares War on You: So, it comes to war. Were you too naive to see this happen? I would happily think so.

Defeated: So, this how my hubris ends me. This is what I know I shall be remembered for: that Caesar I was, and am Justinian.

Carlos Manuel de Céspedes of the Cuban Empire

Carlos Manuel de Céspedes.jpg

Leader Ability: Grito de Yara
    Liberating Cities provides Cuba with a Burst of Culture and Gold equal to double the City Center’s Strength. +2% Culture for every City Cuba has liberated (caps at 14%).

Civilization Ability: Havana Cigars
    Plantations provide +2 Gold, +1 Culture, and +1 Amenity.
    Districts provide +2 Tourism if adjacent to at least two Plantations.

Unique Unit: Guerilla
    Cuban Unique Atomic Era Ranged Unit that replaces Infantry.
    Available after unlocking Class Struggle. Only adjacent Enemy Units can reveal this Unit.

Production Cost: 445

Gold Cost: 1,580

Gold Maintenance: 5

Melee Strength: 62

Ranged Strength: 75

Sight Range: 3

Unique Infrastructure: Dance Hall
    Cuban Unique Building that replaces the Zoo.
    Provide +2 Slots of Great Works of Music, and double Tourism when all slots are filled.

Production Cost: 360

Gold Maintenance: 2

+1 Amenity

+2 Slots of Great Works of Music

+2 Tourism

Leader Agenda: La Demajagua
    Likes those who liberate Cities, and will only declare Wars to liberate Cities. Dislikes those who conquer Cities instead of liberating them.

Greeting: We the Cubans graciously welcome you to our humble island. We are a people who love freedom, and we intend to help others achieve theirs.

Agenda Approval: You truly are a friend of freedom, showing the world that peace and liberty triumph over all adversity.

Agenda Disapproval: You continuously plug your ears to the pleas of the peoples you conquer, and instead of restoring their freedoms, selfishly take their land for your own greed.

Attacked: You insult my people, trample our freedoms, make a joke of our sovereignty, and you tell us that now we must submit?! You are sorely mistaken.

Declares War on You: Your lust for blood and power shows me that the Cuban people will not be safe until you have been destroyed.

Defeated: Yes, you have won this day. But our legacy will remain, as one of liberty and equality.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020 at 6:55 PM
  2. Duke William of Normandy

Here is the rest.

Sid Meier's Civilization 6: Into the Unknown

Henry the Navigator of the Portuguese Empire

Henry the Navigator.jpg

Leader Ability: Volta Do Mar
    Naval Units gain +1 Movement Points and +1 Sight Range and Experience from discovering Natural Wonders. Trade Routes gain +4 Gold and +2 Food if the Destination City is on a Foreign Continent.

Civilization Ability: Os Lusíadas
    All Cities gain +1% Production, Food, and Gold for every Conquered City on a Foreign Continent (Caps at 15%). Melee, Heavy Cavalry, and Ranged Units gain +5 Combat Strength when on a Foreign Continent.

Unique Unit: Carrack
    Portuguese Unique Renaissance Era Naval Melee Unit that replaces the Caravel.
    Can construct a Feitoria on an adjacent Land Tile.

Production Cost: 250

Gold Cost: 1,000

Movement Points: 6

Melee Strength: 58

Sight Rqnge: 4

Unique Infrastructure: Feitoria
    Portuguese Unique Improvement unlocked with Castles.
    Can only be adjacent to Luxury Resources.
    Can only be built on an unclaimed Tile.
    Automatically improves adjacent Luxury Resources and provide their Amenities to the nearest 4 Portuguese Cities.

+2 Production

+2 Gold

+1 Gold for every adjacent Luxury Resource

+1 Production for every adjacent District.

Leader Agenda: Terçanabal
    Will try to explore and colonize as much as possible and dislikes those who do the same.
    Likes those who do not put much effort into exploring or colonize.

Greeting: Ah, You must be the foreign ruler I have been told great things about. I am Infante Dom Henrique, Prince of Portugal, and Duke of Viseu.

Agenda Approval: Our explorers are showing the world our splendor and might. I assume you see it as well.

Agenda Disapproval: We have been granted by God these conquests and colonies, and we do not intend to let savages like you become obstacles in the way of His will.

Attacked: Well, since you have desired for the destruction of your nation, we shall oblige.

Declares War on You: We have no personal vendetta against you, but it is a fact that your lands would be much improved under Portuguese rule.

Defeated: How did it come to this? How did we fall so ignominiously?

Sitting Bull of the Lakota Empire

Sitting Bull.jpg

Leader Ability: Grasshoppers from the Sky
    Killing a unit provides Faith equal to 50% of its Combat Strength.
    Units gain +7 Combat Strength against Units from later Eras.

Civilization Ability: Seven Sacred Rites
    Completing District Projects provides +50 Faith and Great Prophet Points,
    +100 if the City has two Tipi Improvements.

Unique Unit: Lakota Warband
    Sioux Unique Industrial Era Light Cavalry Unit that replaces the Cavalry.
    +7 Combat Strength in Plains Hills and Grasslands Hills Tiles.
    Requires 10 Horses to train.

Production Cost: 300

Gold Cost: 1200

Movement Points: 5

Combat Strength: 67

Unique Improvement: Tipi
    Sioux Unique Improvement unlocked with Animal Husbandry.

+2 Housing

+1 Food

+1 Production

+1 Food for every two adjacent Pastures,
    increasing to +1 Food for every adjacent Pasture(with Horseback Riding)

Can only be built on Flat Grasslands, Flat Plains, Grasslands Hills, and Plains Hills.

Leader Agenda: Sun Dance
    Hates those who have a different Home Continent but have Cities on his Home Continent
    and will try to conquer them. Likes those who do not have Cities on his Home Continent.

Greeting: I can sense great power from you, stranger. I am Sitting Bull, a holy man of the Lakota, and possibly, your friend.

Agenda Approval: Wakhán Thánka has come to me in a vision, and tells me that we have no need to fear you. I hope that this way continues.

Agenda Disapproval: You encroach on our lands, and you are chasing away the animals that sustain our people. I warn you to stop this.

Attacked: We have shown you these lands, showed you what riches we had, and we offered you these in exchange for trade. But no. You insist on taking it by force, and we will defend ourselves with force.

Declares War on You: You are harming the sacred lands of which the spirits reside in. The vision I have has shown me that you will fall before us as grasshoppers from the sky.

Defeat: I know what you will do with me. I am not going. Do with me what you like. I am not going. Come on! Come on! Take action! Let’s go!

Giuseppe Garibaldi of the Italian Empire

Giuseppe Garibaldi.jpg

Leader Ability: Expedition of the Thousand
    Gain Great General Points from killing Enemy Units after reaching the Renaissance Era.
    Gain the Garabaldini Unique Unit with Nationalism.

Civilization Ability: Italian Renaissance
    Cities with at least two Specialty Districts provide +50% Great Person Points and Culture,
    Increasing to +100% in Cities with at least four Specialty Districts.

Unique Unit: Condottiero
    Italian Unique Great Person.
    Gain 1 Condottieri every Era.
    +7 Combat Strength and +1 Movement to every Military Land Unit
    regardless of Era within 2 Tiles.
    +5 additional Combat Strength to Levied Units.

List of Condottieri:

Bartolomeo Colleoni
    Retire Effect: +10% Production towards Districts.

Alberico da Barbarino
    Retire Effect: Recruiting a Great Person provides 50 Science.

John Hawkwood
    Retire Effect: Cost of purchasing Military Units is reduced by -25%

Francesco Sforza
    Retire Effect: Gain +1 Envoy every time you recruit a Great General.

Ambrogio Spinola
    Retire Effect: Melee Units within two Tiles gain +50% Combat Experience and +5 Combat Strength.

Cesare Borgia
    Retire Effect: Units gain +5 Combat Strength against City-States.

Fernando Francesco D’Ávalos
    Retire Effect: Units within two Tiles gain +4 Combat Strength and instantly heal.

Unique Unit: Garabaldini
    Italian Unique Industrial Era Melee Unit when Giuseppe Garibaldi is their leader.
    +5 Combat Strength when within two Tiles of a Great General or a Condottiero.

Production Cost: 350

Gold Cost: 1,400

Gold Maintenance: 5

Combat Strength: 65

Unique Infrastructure: Bottega
    Italian Unique Building that replaces the Workshop.
    Provides +1 Great Person Point that adjacent Specialty Districts gain.*

Production Cost: 195

+3 Production

+1 Citizen Slot

+1 Great Engineer Point

+1 Great Person Point that adjacent Specialty Districts gain.

Leader Agenda: Hero of the Two Worlds
    Will try to collect as many Great Generals as possible, and likes those who do the same. Dislikes those who do not make an effort to collect Great Generals.

Greeting: Greetings, stranger. I am Giuseppe Garibaldi, general of the Kingdom of Italy, and a hero of two worlds.

Agenda Approval: We see the efforts you put into defending your people, the great men who lead your soldiers in the defense of their lands. It is a wonderful sight.

Agenda Disapproval: What are you doing? Do you want your nation to be destroyed? Your people subjugated? If not, take your men of talent and turn them into warriors.

Attacked: Forward true Italians! Let him who loves his country in his heart, and not his lips only, follow me!

Declares War on You: You are a weak and insignificant nation. You will fall within days of the war’s start.

Defeated: I have failed you, Italy. You and your people. I wish to die with you.

*For example, if there is a Campus adjacent to a Bottega, it provides +1 Great Scientist Point

Victor II of the Italian Empire

Victor Emmanuel II.jpg

Leader Ability: Wars of Independence
    +5% Science and Gold for every City Italy has conquered on Italy's Home Continent (caps at 20%). Has access to a unique Governor, Count de Cavour, the Prime Minister.

Unique Governor: Count de Cavour
    Promotions:

Default: Connubio
    Your other Cities within 5 tiles gain +5% Production and +4 Loyalty.

Tier I: La Castiglione
    When established in a Foreign Capital, increases Diplomatic Visibility
    with the owner of this City by two ranks.

Tier I: Trasformismo
    +2 Culture and Science for every District in this City.

Tier II: Chamber of Deputies
    When established in the Italian Capital, all Italian Cities gain +10% Production and Food.

Tier III: Ministro delle Finanze
    Districts provide Gold equal to their Adjacency Bonuses.

Tier III: Pragmatist
    When established in a Foreign Capital, +100% Yields
    from Trade Routes to the owner of that City, +200% if it is the Capital of an Ally.

Leader Agenda: Risorgimento
    Will try to conquer as many Cities on his Home Continent, and likes those who have the most Cities on their Home Continent, except his. Dislikes those who do not try to have the most Cities on their Home Continent.

Greeting: Welcome, my friend! I am King Victor Emmanuel II of Sardinia-Piedmont, but also the first king of a unified Italy. How is your nation doing?

Agenda Approval: Your nation is a great nation, and its people are a sturdy one. They strive on and on in strife and prosperity, all in love for their nation.

Agenda Disapproval: Those lands are yours by divine right. Why then are you a coward in not taking them for your nation?

Attacked: So, it appears that you have decided to take the role of the devil himself. Well, then I guess I shall play my part that the Lord has given me, and destroy you.

Declares War on You: I do not wish to fight your nation, but your policies show what you truly want. Your demise.

Defeated: No… A dream, crushed, trampled by the feet of our foes. Italy, you were a great nation. Italians, you were the greatest people.

Philip the Good of the Burgundian Empire

Philip the Good.jpg

Leader Ability: Toison d’Or
    Heavy Cavalry Units gain +6 Combat Strength and +1 Movement. +5% Culture in every City that has built a Heavy Cavalry Unit.

Civilization Ability: Great Council of Mechelen
    Each City-State you are Suzerain of provides +2 Gold, +2 Culture, +2 Great Musician Points, and +2 Great Artist Points.

Unique Unit: Lances Fournies
    Burgundian Unique Medieval Era Heavy Cavalry Unit that replaces the Knight.
    +5 Combat Strength when in formation.
    Requires 10 Iron to train

Production Cost: 235

Gold Cost: 940

Combat Strength: 50

Unique Infrastructure: Tapisserie
    Burgundian Unique Building that replaces the Workshop
    International Trade Routes from this City gain +1 Culture and Gold for every
    improved Luxury Resource in the City.

Production Cost: 195

+3 Production

+2 Culture

+2 Gold

+1 Culture and Gold to every International Trade Route from this City for every Improved Luxury Resource in this City.

+1 Citizen Slot

+1 Great Engineer Point

+1 Great Merchant Point

Leader Agenda: Chivalrous
    Will try to generate as much Culture as he can, and respects those who do the same. Looks down on those who do not generate a lot of Culture.

Greeting: Welcome, esteemed visitor. I am Philip III, Duke of Burgundy, and Grand Duke of the West. Come with me, and we shall tour this esteemed court of mine.

Agenda Approval: Our nations hold the same virtues at the same values: glory, nobility, valor, and most of all, honor.

Agenda Disapproval: How has honor become so trivialized that bastards like you are able to “earn” the privilege of being called “honorable people?”

Attacked: It appears that none can be trusted these days and that all honor is gone from the world.

Declares War on You: Honor demands that we wipe your nation from the world. We must answer the call, and we shall complete the task we have been given.

Defeated: Very well, monster. You wish to take my nation from me, I shall oblige you. I hope that the world remembers me.

Akbar of the Mughal Empire

Akbar.jpg

Leader Ability: Din-i-Ilahi
    +6% Faith, Science, and Culture for every different Religion present in your Empire. Mughal Cities do not exert Religious Pressure on Foreign Cities.

Civilization Ability: Gunpowder Empire
    Nitre Mines accumulate 2 more Resources per turn. +20% Production towards Units that require Nitre to build. All Melee, Ranged, and Siege Units gain +5 Combat Strength for every Improved Nitre Resource.

Unique Unit: Zamburak
    Mughal Unique Renaissance Era Siege Unit that replaces the Bombard.
    No Combat Penalty against Units. Can move and attack the same turn.

Production Cost: 280

Gold Cost: 1120

Combat Strength: 40

Bombard Strength: 50

Unique Infrastructure: Kala
    Mughal Unique District that replaces the Encampment.
    Provides +2 Culture and extra Culture and Tourism for every level of Walls in the City after unlocking Flight. Can train Military Engineers in this City without building an Armory.

Production Cost: 27

+1 Great General Point

+2 Culture

+2 Culture and Tourism for every level of Walls in the City after unlocking Flight

Citizen Yields(per Citizen): +2 Gold and +1 Production.

Trade Yields: +1 Production

Appeal: +1

Leader Agenda: Syncretic
    Will not try to spread his Religion to Foreign Cities, and likes those who spread their Religion to him. Dislikes those who do not spread their religion to him, but spread it to other Civilizations.

Greeting: It is an honor to meet a person of different beliefs. I am Akbar, Emperor of the Mughals.
    Do not worry, people of your faith will not be persecuted.

Agenda Approval: Your holy people have arrived at my court, and already are sharing their knowledge and beliefs. Will you be able to send more of them to my court?

Agenda Disapproval: You are zealous in showing the rest of the world your religion, but when my people ask for conversions, you close your ears and shut your eyes. Why?

Attacked: I should have expected such idiocy from the likes of you. To create your own demise is the greatest foolishness.

Declares War on You: I extended my hand out towards friendship, but you bit at it like a tiger. Well then, I shall have to, for the sake of justice, skin the tiger.

Defeated: You have destroyed the greatest empire that has seen the light of day. Are you satisfied with what you have done?

Mithridates VI of the Pontic Empire

Mithradates VI.jpeg

Leader Ability: Ephesian Vespers
    After declaring a War, Enemy Cities within 6 Tiles of a Pontic City immediately lose 2 Population,
    and Enemy Cities that have 2 Population or less immediately become Pontic Cities. Enemy Cities lose -2 Loyalty for every Pontic Military Land Unit within three Tiles (caps at -12).

Civilization Ability: Pontic Alps
    International Trade Routes provide +2 Gold for every Improved Bonus Resource, +2 Food for every Improved Luxury Resource, and +1 Science for every Improved Strategic Resource in the City to both Cities.

Unique Unit: Chalkaspides
    Pontic Unique Classical Era Anti-Cavalry Unit.
    Available after unlocking Military Training. Starts with a Free Promotion. +50% Experience from Battles they initiate.

Production Cost: 65

Gold Cost: 260

Melee Strength: 28

Unique Infrastructure: Ypógeia Póli
    Pontic Unique Improvement unlocked with Masonry.
    Must be built on Desert or Desert Hills.

+2 Food

+1 Production

+1 Gold

+1 Food for every two adjacent Ypógeia Póli,
    increasing to +1 Food for every adjacent Ypógeia Póli (with Buttress).

+1 Production and +1 Gold (with Rapid Deployment).

Leader Agenda: Poison King
    Will try to conquer as many Cities as he can, and likes those who refrain from doing so. Dislikes those who have conquered Cities that he wanted to conquer.

Greeting: Ah, welcome. I did not see you as I was working on my latest… experiment. I am Mithridates VI, King of Pontus.

Agenda Approval: You are wise to not cross your interests with mine. We wouldn’t want anyone of us to lose our lives in a pointless conflict.

Agenda Disapproval: You are continuously playing a dangerous game with death. Let me warn you about this. Those who play the game, suffer greatly if they lose.

Attacked: Hah! So, you finally decide to show yourself as you truly are. A pitiful serpent that strikes at those weaker, but cowers when resistance is shown against it.

Declares War on You: Maggots only host themselves in corpses. There are many of them in your empire, which shows that the corpse… must be taken care of.

Defeated: So this is how my reign and kingdom end. Bituitus, please give me the honor of not dying humiliated.

Agaja of the Dahomey Empire

Agaja.jpeg

Leader Ability: Annual Customs
    International Trade Routes gain +2 Gold and +1 Science if the Starting City is a City Dahomey has conquered. Gain access to the Xwetanu Unique City Project in any City with a Holy Site.

Civilization Ability: Tokpe
    Farms provide +2 Gold and +1 Housing for every adjacent Farm, and +2 Production and +1 Amenity for each adjacent Specialty District. Farms provide a Standard Adjacency Bonus to Commercial Hubs, Industrial Zones, and Holy Sites.

Unique Unit: Ahosi
    Dahomey Unique Renaissance Era Melee Unit that replaces the Musketman.
    Adjacent Enemy Units receive -4 Combat Strength. +5 Combat Strength when Attacking.

Production Cost: 250

Gold Cost: 1,000

Combat Strength: 58

Unique Infrastructure: Akuhue
    Dahomey Unique Building that can be built in the City Center after completing Recorded History.
    Provides Culture for every Enemy Unit that you kill within three Tiles of the City.

Production Cost: 70

+2 Culture

+1% Culture for every Enemy Unit that you kill within three Tiles of the City (caps at 20%).

+3 Tourism (with Conservation)

Unique City Project: Xwetanu
    Dahomey Unique City Project when Agaja is their Leader.

Production Cost: 55

Requires: Holy Site

Effects: Awards Culture and Faith equal to the amount of Conquered Cities Dahomey possesses.

Unique Agenda: Atlantic Slave Trade
    Will try to conquer as many Cities as he can and obtain as much Gold as he can, and likes those who do the same. Laughs at those who have little Conquered Cities and Gold.

Greeting: Who are you, foreigner, and why have you interrupted me? I am King Agaja of Dahomey, and I suggest that you give your tribute quickly.

Agenda Approval: It has been a long time since I met a ruler as like-minded as I. You have my sincere gratitude that there are still people who desire a good deal.

Agenda Disapproval: I laugh at your morals. You think that they make you the shining exemplar of civilization when in reality, it just shows that you just want to be respected.

Attacked: So, the little leader wants to show how strong they are. It’s so hilarious an attempt, I almost want to let you win one victory.

Declares War on You: I see a land whose subjects wail in distress, a land laid bare by raiders and cities burnings. I see a land ripe for conquest.

Defeated: It appears that I underestimated you. I am glad you have humbled me, and that you can now claim your rightful lands.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020 at 9:26 PM
  3. Henri Christophe

Henri Christophe Prince

I vote for Israel, Cuba, Lakota and Mongols.

4. ElectRonin

ElectRonin Chieftain

I'd imagine Bulgaria to be the clear choice of South Slavic civs, but in any case I voted for the Serbs.

5. Henri Christophe

Henri Christophe Prince

A great choice to South Slavic should be Yougaslavia lead by Tito.

6. ElectRonin

ElectRonin Chieftain

They certainly have an appeal, but imo they fall into the controversial civs/leaders along with Stalin/Hitler and others. The other thing is, they sorta just existed for a bit and then croaked. Hardly something you can tie a cool mechanic around. I'd much rather see separate Serbian (Dusan), Croatian(Tomislav) or Albanian (Skenderbeg) civs tbh.

7. Duke William of Normandy

Say, Henri Christophe, what do you think of the Civilizations I have put in? How do you think they can be improved?

8. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I voted for Portugal, Italy and Byzantium.
    Other ones not on the list that I would want are the Navajo, Assyria and Vietnam.

9. Henri Christophe

Henri Christophe Prince

you wrote a bit too much, try to use bold and images to us find each civ easily.

I found about Israel and have a sugestion.
    If Israel also have unique features from modern state of Israel?
    Maybe a Krav Maga soldier or some air plane used in 7 days war.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  10. Duke William of Normandy

Well, if I did something about modern Israel, the fallout would be something I would not want to endure. Thanks for the advice about my rambling. :) What do you think of the Civilizations in the second reply I have?

11. Duke William of Normandy

Alexander's Hetaroi, what do you think of the ideas I have made? Are they lackluster or OP? :) I'll see what I can do about Vietnam and Assyria.

12. Alexander's Hetaroi

Gameplay wise I'm not sure what's too OP or not. But I can tell you what I want to see anyway.

I don't mind Justinian as leader again.
    I like the idea of Renovaiio Imperii and making the Byzantines a builder civ. I think it would be nice if he got some sort of production boost to pillaged districts and buildings considering he had to rebuild Constantinople after the Nika riots and an earthquake.
    Also it might be worth noting to give him some sort of government/policy bonus considering he was able codify the existing Roman laws into his Justinian's code.

I also like the idea of the hippodrome as the unique infrastructure but I'm personally not a big fan of the Cataphract considering it wasn't necessarily unique to the Byzantines and was Iranian in origin.
    I'd like the Dromon as a quadrireme replacement that could use greek fire.

I'm a big fan of having Joao II lead considering Henry the Navigator never lead. Considering Henry was his uncle and he restarted the explorations that his uncle did I don't think his playstyle would be different at all.
    I think it would be cool if Portuguese naval units could gain experience for discovering and revealing the map like recon units.

I'd personally like a Renaissance leader for Italy but I also wouldn't mind a reunification leader if the rest of the bonuses were based off of medieval/renaissance.

Considering we already have two temple replacements I might like something else that feels more Italian, not that the duomo isn't.

A bottega (studio) as a unique workshop would be my first choice. It can provide culture as well as Great Writer, Artist, Musician, and Scientist points as well as the other bonuses of a regular workshop.

If not that then I think an Opera House would do since Italy is the birthplace of opera. It can hold more music slots and an extra writing slot than the Broadcast center it replaces and comes much earlier.
    I'd rather it be a standard building in the game.

13. Duke William of Normandy

Thanks for the advice. :) I'm working on it right now.

14. Sirsquier

Sirsquier Warlord

U.S.A. land of the free and home of the brave
    I really enjoy the Israeli idea

15. Duke William of Normandy

I followed your advice and edited the Civilizations accordingly. What do you think now?

What from Israel do you like, and what do you think can be improved? :)

16. Alexander's Hetaroi

I personally would make the Dromon a Quadrireme replacement at Shipbuilding.
    If you make it a Frigate replacement then it would have to be used all the way to until you reach the Modern Era for a Battleship.
    At least with a Quadrireme replacement you can use it from the Classical through the Medieval and we don't have a unique ranged ship yet for the early game.

17. Duke William of Normandy

Did it.

Alexander's Hetaroi likes this.
  18. Henri Christophe

Henri Christophe Prince

Justinian can be alternative leader for Rome, I don't like the name Byzantine Empire, it's sound so enlightment :lol:

I like Italian Guissepe Garibaldi, he is a great man. I guess I can change civ name to Rio Grande do Sul and make my game as he spoted in South Brazil. Once I made it in Civ 5 playing as Austria hehe.

I'm cool with all portuguese leaders.

I never understand why never had Israel in this game, they are a great option by far.
    I agree Palestine deserve a State, but can have Israel settle a city called Telaviv if become a Civ? What do you think about it? Milord William.:king:

19. Duke William of Normandy

Oh dear... If they did that... The nuclear radiation... The destruction-I would do that.

20. Angst

Angst Rambling and inconsistent

Please no Denmark, sincerely, a Dane. Medieval Scandinavia is interesting and I was a big fan of the Kalmar Union in high school, but we already have two Scandinavian civs. There should only have been one Scandinavian civ, and it could just have been named Scandinavia.

Also, we have enough European civs. Portugal is arguably the last fit that is acceptable to me personally. The consumer base will probably force more in though. If we're going by some South Slavs, which is what's most needed atm, I agree that Bulgaria is a great choice.

In a way, I'm sad they added Ethiopia, because it probably means no more African civs. I have a dream of some day seeing a Swahili civ, based around their incredible participiation in the Indian Ocean trade. A Pagan African naval trading civ? Yes please. Tibet would also be amazing, but with all gaming companies trying to get into the Chinese market, I don't see it happening...

Byzantium is also an old anti-favorite of mine, similar to adding the Italians. Just keep the Romans and add a Byzantine or Italian leader. Similarly, I would have prefered to see the Celts with a Scottish leader added over the Scots per se, but a Celtic leader for Scotland could be cool.

Mughals would add for some variety in the massively complicated India region, otherwise Bengal could work, although again a leader addition could function there. Another Native North American civ could be good, too. Iroquis is the most obvious choice to me, but something like the Hopi or Zuni would also be amazing as a pre-Columbian entry. Inuits would be great, maybe a civ that really works in snow tiles? One can dream, not probable. But they added Maori, so maybe.

Maybe Goths or Berbers could be cool, too. Goths could have a migratory mechanic in the early game similar to the Maori. Berbers probably have too much mechanical overlap with the current Arabia design.

In the ancient Mediterranean, there are a wealth of interesting stuff, such as Babylon, Assyrians and Hittites, but I'm not sure we need more of it.

Israeli is actually an interesting and very relevant choice, as it's the cradle of three clusters of world religions based around the same god, but I sincerely hope they stick with the ancient civilization. Its modern form is not to be celebrated. If they stick with the more historical aspect, there could be some form of a tourism or trade mechanic during the medieval period which could mirror the terrible fate the Jewish people went through while bringing a new aspect to the game.

I do think that we need more leaders rather than new civs tho. Something like Scotland could get more variation and represent their crazy historical origins with a Celtic leader, India could have its complicated demographics represented by a Mughal leader, but some stuff I haven't talked about: Mongols could have Tamerlane, Persians could have a Muslim leader, Sun Yat-sen is an interesting figure of modern Chinese history that (from what I can tell) both Taiwan and China can agree on being a positive figure, and could demonstrate the birth of post-dynastic China. Ataturk and Meiji could stand as similar modern reformers of the Ottomans and Japan. Egypt needs another leader too, since Cleopatra is a post-Greek implant and was popular for reasons not really connected to the impressive achievements of Ancient Egypt. Ramses?

We will probably see more Western leaders too, and if so, I could see Ivan the Terrible as a dark but evocative mirror to Peter of Russia, Abraham Lincoln as the displayer of the most important political shifts of America to free a large part of its people, Bismarck for Germany and... some other ruler for the Spanish, although I'm unsure which. Isabella would work, if anything because powerful female rulers are great to see for variety, regardless of what one has of politics.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020