1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] What Civilizations do you want to see next? And do you want Civilization 6 to be expanded more? 2

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Duke William of Normandy, Nov 10, 2020.

?

Which of these Civilizations do you want to see in Civ 6?

1. Numidia

21.3%
  2. Wales

12.8%
  3. Hittites

57.4%
  4. Afghanistan

23.4%
  5. Bohemia

14.9%
  6. Armenia

19.1%
  7. Anglo-Saxons

12.8%
  8. Dacia

4.3%
  9. Timurids

25.5%
  10. Wallachia

10.6%
  11. Ireland

14.9%
  12. Sassanids

14.9%
  13. Shawnee

14.9%
  14. Switzerland

12.8%
  15. Texas

10.6%
  16. Carolingian

6.4%
  17. Mexico

23.4%
  18. Sicily

6.4%
  19. Lithuania

8.5%
  20. Swahili

17.0%
  21. Albania

6.4%
  22. Venice

21.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ryansinbela

Ryansinbela Prince

2. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

George Washington leads America in Sid Meier's Civilization 6: We the People.

George Washington.jpg

3. Ryansinbela

Ryansinbela Prince

So is this the first time a new Civ doesn’t get 2 leaders

4. Duke William of Normandy

Actually, I've already posted ideas for Epaminondas and Cao Cao. :)

5. Ryansinbela

Ryansinbela Prince

I meant that every set you have done, a new Civ appears twice
    Kings and Generals (Israel)
    Into the Unknown (Italy)
    Dawn of Man (Iroquois)
    Legacy Eternal (Boer)
    Old Faith (Bohemia)
    Sapere Aude (Ireland)

It doesn’t matter though as you still make good concepts

6. Duke William of Normandy

Ah... That makes sense.

7. Duke William of Normandy

Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla leads Mexico in Sid Meier's Civilization 6: We the People.

Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla.png

8. Duke William of Normandy

Charlemagne leads the Carolingian Empire in Sid Meier's Civilization 6: Tales Untold.

Charlemagne.jpeg

9. Ryansinbela

Ryansinbela Prince

10. Duke William of Normandy

Medieval Civilizations. :)

11. Duke William of Normandy

Sid Meier's Civilization 6: Tales Untold

Charlemagne of the Carolingian Empire

Charlemagne.jpeg

Spoiler :

Leader Ability: Admonitio Generalis
    Cities generate +5% Science, Faith, and Culture for every Campus and Holy Site, doubling if they follow Charlemagne’s Religion. Carolingian Cities generate Faith equal to 10% of their Science output.
    +2 Faith and +1 Science for every City following Charlemagne’s Religion.

Civilization Ability: Caroligniasi
    Capturing an Enemy City exerts +400 Religious Pressure to all Cities within 8 Tiles, doubling if it is a Capital or City-State, as well as giving +100 Faith, scaling with each Era.*
    Great Generals receive +1 Movement and when in a Formation shares its Movement Points with all Units in the Formation.

Unique Unit: Paladin
    Carolingian Unique Medieval Era Heavy Cavalry Unit that replaces the Knight.
    Unlocked with Divine Right instead of Stirrups. Can be purchased with Faith. Reduces the Combat Strength of adjacent Enemy Units by -5 (non-cumulatively).
    Requires 10 Iron to train.

Production Cost: 235

Gold Cost: 940

Faith Cost: 470

Gold Maintenance: 4

Movement Points: 5

Combat Strength: 53

Sight Range: 2

Unique Infrastructure: Scriptorium
    Carolingian Unique Building that replaces the University.
    Provides extra Culture and Faith after researching Printing. +1 Faith and Culture for every Holy Site Building in this City.

Production Cost: 250

Gold Maintenance: 2

+4 Science

+3 Culture

+3 Faith

+2 Culture and Faith(with Printing)

+1 Housing

+1 Citizen Slot

+1 Great Scientist Point

Leader Agenda: Carolingian Renaissance
    Will have a high Faith, Culture, and Science output, as well as have many Cities following his Religion. Likes Civilizations follow his Religion and have a high output of Faith, Culture, and Science, and dislikes those who have a high output of there Yields, but don’t follow his Religion,

Greeting: Hail, for I am Emperor Charlemagne of the Romans, the Father of Europe, and I thank the Lord God for our meeting. Who are you? What victories can you boast of?

Agenda Approval: God guides your people to glory in all aspects of life! He blesses the words of your scholars and poets.

Agenda Disapproval: I hope you, and your people, realize soon that idleness is one of the greatest sins.

Attacked: You will never take my empire, not until you convince God to stand on your side of this war rather than mine.

Declares War on You: Now, you will be destroyed, and your lands will be taken into my fold. So decrees the Emperor of Rome.

Defeated: My empire falls around me. Our defense was beaten as though it were nothing. How could such a thing be?

*Scales by +50 Faith with Era.

Charles Martel of the Carolingian Empire

Charles Martel.jpg

Spoiler :

Leader Ability: The Hammer
    Governors can be established in two Cities at once instead of only one City. Cities with an Established Governor receive +4% Production towards Military Units for each Promotion the Governor has. Military Units gain +2 Combat Strength when fighting in the territory of a Carolingian City with an established Governor for each Promotion the Governor has.

Leader Agenda: Duke of the Franks
    Will try to promote and collect as many Governors and Governor Titles as possible, respectively. Likes Civilizations that have many Governors and fully promote their Governors, and dislikes those who ignore promoting their Governors.

Greeting: Well met, stranger! I am the duke of the Franks, Charles Martel. Or the Hammer, if you prefer.

Agenda Approval: The best kings are never those who govern alone, and I see that your cabinet is instrumental to your success.

Agenda Disapproval: It is ill-advised that you try to rule on your own. A true leader knows to delegate.

Attacked: You insult my honor with this. Do you truly think that you could conquer my empire?

Declares War on You: Your leadership is weak, your armies ill-equipped. I will buckle your defenses and take away your lands, and should you try to stop me, you will be slain with your men.

Defeated: It seems that I underestimated you. Very well, I shall concede. I know when I am beaten.

Roger II of the Sicilian Empire

Roger II.jpg

Spoiler :

Leader Ability: Assizes of Ariano
    Gain a free Economic Policy Card Slot after building a Government Plaza, and another one after building a Tier 2 Government Plaza Building. The Government Plaza and its Buildings also generate +5 Gold each. Cities generate +1 Great Engineer, Great Admiral, Great General, Great Scientist, and Great Merchant Points for every Religion present in them.*

Civilization Ability: Mediterranean Ascendance
    Trade Routes from and to Sicilian Cities provide +1 Culture and Gold for Sicily and +2 Gold for the Foreign Civilization or City-State. +100% Yields from Trade Routes to and from Sicilian Cities.

Unique Unit: Milite
    Sicilian Unique Medieval Era Heavy Cavalry Unit that replaces the Knight.
    Unlocked with Mercenaries instead of Stirrups. No cost to Embark or Disembark. +3 Combat Strength for every adjacent Coast and Lake Tile.
    Requires 10 Iron to train.

Production Cost: 220

Gold Cost: 880

Gold Maintenance: 4

Movement Points: 4

Combat Strength: 48

Unique Infrastructure: Vineyard
    Sicilian Unique Improvement unlocked with Medieval Faires.

+2 Food

+1 Gold

+1 Culture

+1 Food for every two adjacent Plantations, increasing to +1 Food for every adjacent Plantation(with Steam Power)

+1 Culture for every two adjacent Plantations, increasing to +1 Culture for every adjacent Plantation(with Colonialism)

+2 Gold and +1 Amenity(with Capitalism)

Leader Agenda: Tolerant
    Will try to have as many Religions in his Cities as well as a high Gold output.
    Likes Civilizations that have many Religions in their Cities and a high Gold output, and dislikes those who have few Religions present in their Cities and a low Gold output.

Greeting: Welcome, noble stranger, and behold my kingdom, the most glorious in the world. I am King Roger, and I hope that our interests align.

Agenda Approval: Ah, those fools out there, letting the squabbles of gods confuse them! You and I have realized that it is better to focus on more important affairs.

Agenda Disapproval: You ought to spend much less time worrying about how your people pray, and much more worrying about your empty coffers.

Attacked: Your bands of barbarians will not set one foot in my cities! This, I assure you.

Declares War on You: I will see to it that your lands are made much more prosperous under the rule of my emirs.

Defeated: The Sicilians' dream of glory was such a beautiful thing, and so short-lived. There will always be those that prefer bloodshed.

*Requires that Sicily has built the corresponding Specialty District. For example, to gain the extra Great Engineer Points, an Industrial Zone must be in the City.

Gediminas of the Lithuanian Empire

Gediminas.jpeg

Spoiler :

Leader Ability: Champion of Paganism
    Cities generate Great General Points equal to 50% of their Great Prophet Point output. Land Military Units gain +5 Combat Strength when fighting an Enemy Civilization that has founded a Religion.

Civilization Ability: The Old Gods
    May not found a Religion, but can choose two Pantheon Beliefs instead of one. Land Military Units do not suffer Movement or Combat Penalties in Woods, and gain +4 Combat Strength when fighting in Woods.

Unique Unit: Samogitian
    Lithuanian Unique Classical Era Melee Unit that replaces the Swordsman.
    No Strategic Resource requirement. Heals +10 HP if ending its turn on Woods.

Production Cost: 80

Gold Cost: 320

Gold Maintenance: 1

Movement Points: 2

Combat Strength: 33

Unique Infrastructure: Alka
    Lithuanian Unique Building that replaces the Shrine.
    +1 Faith and Production to every Woods Tile in this City, increasing to +2 Faith and Production to every Woods Tile after completing Natural History.

Production Cost: 70

Gold Maintenance: 1

+2 Faith

+1 Citizen Slot

+1 Great Prophet Point

Allows the purchasing of Missionaries with Faith

Heroes claimed or recalled in this City have 10% longer Lifespan.

Leader Agenda: Northern Crusade
    Will ward off any foreign Religious Units from his Empire, and generally try to keep away foreign Religions.
    Likes Civilizations that haven’t founded a Religion or aren’t trying to spread theirs into his Empire, and loathes those who try to spread their Religion into his Empire or declare Holy Wars.

Greeting: You have passed into the lands of the Lithuanians. I, Gediminas, will welcome you here, but with warning - you shall respect our ways.

Agenda Approval: It gladdens me that you do not try to supplant the gods we worship. May their favor be ever upon you.

Agenda Disapproval: You must stop corrupting my lands with your confused ways, or else you shall be destroyed!

Attacked: You deceiver! The hand with which you draw your sword against my people will soon be cut off!

Declares War on You: I proclaim that you are an enemy of my countrymen, and it is for our survival that I declare war against you.

Defeated: Now that Lithuania falls, who will protect the old ways? Well, I suppose it does not matter. When your hour comes, you will face Velnias either way.

Al-Hasan ibn Sulaiman of the Swahili Empire*

Al-Hasan ibn Sulaiman.jpg

Spoiler :

Leader Ability: Father of Gifts
    +10% Production towards city projects. City projects provide Faith equal to 50% of the Production expended on them when they are finished. The Swahili worship building provides +10% Culture in cities with it.

Civilization Ability: Coral Construction
    Swahili Cities bordering at least two Coast tiles gain +2 Amenities. Luxury Resources given away in a trade deal grant +10 Gold per turn. Each Amenity a City has provides +1 Culture. Reefs provide a +1 adjacency bonus to all Specialty Districts.

Unique Unit: Jahazi
    Swahili Unique Naval Civilian Unit.
    Unlocked with Sailing. If within 4 tiles of a Trader, its Trade Route provides double Gold and cannot be pillaged.

Production Cost: 55*

Gold Cost: 220

Unique Infrastructure: Pillar Tomb
    Swahili Unique Improvement unlocked with Construction.
    Cannot be built adjacent to another Pillar Tomb.

+2 Gold

+2 Faith

+1 Culture

+1 Culture for each 2 adjacent Coast tiles, increasing to +1 Culture for each adjacent Coast tile(with Humanism)

+2 Gold(with Natural History)

Provides Tourism equal to its Culture output(with Flight.)

Leader Agenda: Swahili Coast
    Will try to trade with all the Civilizations he has met and settle many Coastal Cities. Likes Civilizations who settle on the coast and trade with the Swahili. Dislikes Civilizations who settle inland, especially if they do not trade with him.

Greeting: Greetings, my guest. I am the Sultan of Kilwa, ibn Sulaiman, beloved by my people.

Agenda Approval: It pleases me greatly to hear my merchants returning from your lands. It is good for both of us to possess these exotic foreign goods, no?

Agenda Disapproval: Around the world, the renown of my lands’ riches are known, and yet you do not trade with us. Why is this?

Attacked: There is no man who prefers war over peace, but I know how you enjoy bringing misery to others.

Declares War on You: Now there shall be war between us! Your ports shall be pillaged and your men enslaved! Such is my decree as Sultan.

Defeated: There is much wonder in the land of the Swahili, in their songs, their traditions. You have deprived the world of it forever.

*Complete credit for the Swahili Civilization idea goes to @Mr. Salt.

*Production Cost scales with each Jahazi built by +10 Production.

Skanderbeg of the Albanian Empire

Skanderbeg.jpg

Spoiler :

Leader Ability: Lidhja e Lezhës
    Albanian Cities gain +5% Production to Military Units for every City-State Skanderbeg is Suzerain of and every Civilization Albania is allied to. Recruiting a Great General provides +1 Envoy as well as +2 Influence Points per turn.

Civilization Ability: Farefisni
    Military Units belonging to Albania and Civilizations allied to them gain +4 Combat Strength and +1 Movement when fighting a Defensive War. After a Declaration of War, immediately levy all City-State Units Albania is Suzerain of.

Unique Unit: Stratioti
    Albanian Unique Medieval Era Light Cavalry Unit that replaces the Courser.
    Can make one additional Attack if Movement allows.
    Requires 10 Horses to train.

Production Cost: 175

Gold Cost: 750

Gold Maintenance: 2

Movement Points: 5

Combat Strength: 49

Unique Infrastructure: Kullë
    Albanian Unique Improvement unlocked with Castles.
    Occupying Unit receives +4 Defense Strength, +1 Sight Range, and two turns of Fortification.
    Can only be built on Grassland Hills, Plains Hills, Desert Hills, Tundra Tiles, Snow Tiles.
    Cannot be built adjacent to another Kullë

+1 Production

+1 Culture

+1 Housing

+1 Housing and +1 Production for every adjacent District, increasing to +2 Housing and +2 Production for every adjacent District(with Urbanization)

+2 Culture(with Natural History)

+2 Tourism(with Flight)

Leader Agenda: Athleta Christi
    Will vow to protect any of his Allies defending against other Civilizations. Respects Civilizations who protect their Allies and fight with them, and loathes those who abandon them.

Greeting: I am Lord Kastrioti of Albania, although you may know me as Skanderbeg. I am the one who leads the lands that you see. Greetings.

Agenda Approval: You are a bold protector of those you swear allegiance to, as I am. I approve of this.

Agenda Disapproval: Why do you abandon your allies in their time of need? Such treachery is the mark of evil.

Attacked: All Albanians shall unite in the defense of our homeland, and our many allies as well. You have no hope of conquering us.

Declares War: Your actions toward us have proven that I must defeat you. Prepare for a war on all sides.

Defeated: The allies of Albania survive me. Your tyranny will not be allowed to survive.

Enrico Dandolo of the Venetian Empire

Enrico Dandolo.jpg

Spoiler :

Leader Ability: Cavalli di San Marco
    Capturing a Capital grants you a free Relic and free random Great Work of Art. Naval Units gain +4 Combat Strength against District Defenses, +8 if within Range of a Great Admiral.

Civilization Ability: La Serenissima
    Cities can only be founded on Venice’s Home Continent. Can found Cities and place Specialty Districts on Coast and Lake Tiles.* These Districts provide +1 Gold, Culture, Housing, and Tourism for every adjacent Coast Tile and Lake Tile. Lighthouses and Markets provide +2 Trade Route Capacity instead of +1.

Unique Unit: Galleass
    Venetian Unique Renaissance Era Naval Siege Unit that replaces the Frigate.
    Uses the Siege Promotion Tree instead of the Naval Ranged Promotion Tree.
    Requires 10 Niter to train.

Production Cost: 295

Gold Cost: 1,180

Gold Maintenance: 5

Movement Points: 3

Combat Strength: 50

Bombard Strength: 60

Range: 3

Unique Infrastructure: Fondaco
    Venetian Unique District that replaces the Commercial Hub.
    Can only be built on Coast and Lake.
    Standard Adjacency Bonus from adjacent Canals, City Centers, and Specialty Districts.

Production Cost: 27

+3 Housing

+1 Great Merchant Point

+1 Production and Gold for every International Trade Route ending in this City

+2 Culture for every International Trade Route starting from this City.

Citizen Yields(per Citizen): +4 Gold

Trade Yields: Domestic Destination: +1 Production

International Destination: +3 Gold

+1 Trade Route Capacity and Trader.

Leader Agenda: Promissione Ducale
    Will send trade with all and have plenty of Gold. Likes those who have a high Gold output and many Trade Routes, and dislikes those who have a low Gold output and few Trade Routes.

Greeting: Welcome to Venice, the most serene republic, and the gem of the Mediterranean. I hope that our relations with your nation are long and prosperous.

Agenda Approval: Merciful God and the saints have looked upon our nations, and chosen us to receive His favor. Give thanks.

Agenda Disapproval: Your nation could be so much stronger, and richer, if you engaged in commerce. Simply look upon Venice to see.

Attacked: We have soldiers on the land, ships in the sea, and God watching over us in the sky. What hope do you have?

Declares War on You: Happy is that city which in time of peace thinks of war. Your actions have made it clear you desire battle against Venice and her citizens, and our cannons will oblige.

Defeated: The canals run red, and the poets lament. You have wrought the devil's work.

*These Districts are: Encampments, Industrial Zones, Campuses, Holy Sites, Theater Squares, Government Plaza, and the Diplomatic Quarter.

Matilde di Canossa of the Italian Empire

Matilde di Canosa.jpeg

Spoiler :

Leader Ability: La Gran Contessa
    Building a Holy Site, Encampment, Temple, or Armory for the first time provides +1 Envoy, and these provide +1 Culture and Science for every City-State Matilde is Suzerain of.

Leader Agenda: Terre Matildiche
    Will have a high Faith output and be Suzerain of many City-States.
    Likes Civilizations that have a high Faith output and do not compete for City-State Suzerainty, and dislikes those who have a high Faith output but compete for City-State Suzerainty.

Greeting: Welcome, my gracious guest, to Italy, a land of culture and piety. It is my pleasure to meet you.

Agenda Approval: I admire your devotion to your faith - and the smaller principalities seem to agree with me.

Agenda Disapproval: Without a higher power to believe in, your people are unmotivated. Your artists, your scientists... but especially your diplomats.

Attacked: How very impudent of you. I shall barely have to effort repelling your invasion.

Declares War on You: You are politically ineffective and weak. I believe it will suit you when the crown is taken from your head.

Defeated: I have faulted the people of Italy by underestimating you. Perhaps your leadership will be more effective... but this, I doubt.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    Mr. Salt likes this.
  12. Ryansinbela

Ryansinbela Prince

I meant like in that expansions post, you explains the features of your expansion names
    Example:Kings and Generals - Focuses on revamping the military with attrition, strategic fronts, training, etc. Adds mercenaries into the game as well as revamping how barbarians work.

perhaps upgrade to the medieval age

13. Duke William of Normandy

No, no, I was helping Sirsquier with his ideas for new expansions. The names are just fancy things I came up with, and they correspond with what types of Civilizations I'm working on... Sometimes.

Kings and Generals could be given to Military-focused expansion, Old Faith to a Religion-focused expansion, etc. I'm just a simple person, making his own Civilization ideas, and yes, I just made a corny Star Wars refrence.

14. Ryansinbela

Ryansinbela Prince

Ok. I actually used them in my doc compiling your ideas

Side note:You forgot to put Mexico in the poll

15. Duke William of Normandy

Snap! Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  16. Ryansinbela

Ryansinbela Prince

17. Henri Christophe

Henri Christophe King

Tecumseh leads not just the Shawnee but also the Delawares, Onondaga, Seneca, Miami, Lenape, Kickapoos, Odawas, Sauk, Fox, Wyandots and Ojibwe

18. Duke William of Normandy

Indeed, but I feel as if Shawnee is general enough. Don't want to make him an Alternate Leader for 11 Civilizations. :crazyeye:

Henri Christophe likes this.
  19. Henri Christophe

Henri Christophe King

Should Charlemagne lead France?

The best option to lead Mexico is Benito Juarez, he is a full blood Zapotec who defetead Napoleon III at war and become president 4 life.

20. Duke William of Normandy

France already has 3 Leaders if you count the Persona Packs. I'm for 3 Leaders, but not 4. :crazyeye:

Miguel Hidalgo is widely considered as the Father of Mexico, given his rebellion. I decided that he was a good choice for Mexico, although Juarez was a good choice as well.

Henri Christophe likes this.