What do you think of... the Arabs?

Also with the extra movement after a rapid attack you still have that 1 movement, which can often be used to retreat to nearby hill.

"Ansar on hill is better than knight on plains."
- Old saying from Mecca.

Knight on hills is better than Knight on plains. :rolleyes:

jst666 said:
Also with the extra movement after a rapid attack you still have that 1 movement, which can often be used to retreat to nearby hill.

"Ansar on hill is better than knight on plains."
- Old saying from Mecca.

Technically, a knight in the plains is better than an Ansar on the hills because of the 10% plains bonus. Does anybody have any hairs they would like split?

I like the Arabs, I play on Regent and the only cultural victory I've ever had was with them. The UU is REAL GOOD too, as someone else said here, "My offensive units rarely get attacked anyway"

Rel/exp gets a nice fast tech start which leads to a fast - early gov change. Chivarly comes about the time when temples/libraries/markets have been built and your cities are approaching size 7. The UU is a bonsus... imo.

Arabs are my current favourite, for the traits and the UU.

I even consider the lower defense of the Ansar to be an advantage, because the defensive units (pikemen) take the hits when the enemy counter attacks. This is important when I fail to take a city on a single turn. I don't want the counter attack to redline my offensive units, leaving useless pikemen on green.

The Ansar Warrior rocks.

The Arabs > The Turks.

Top Bottom