What else are you playing at the moment?

Jabie

Wanted in Monte Carlo...
FfH is a great mod but sometimes it's nice to have a change of pace. So what other games are you currently playing?

I'm currently enjoying some very good free indie games:

* Desktop Dungeons (http://www.qcfdesign.com/?cat=20) - A cross between a Rogue-like and a puzzle game. Surprisingly addictive.

* Race for the Galaxy (http://keldon.net/rftg/) - An excellent conversion of the best selling card game. Great five minute time killer.

* The Battle for Wesnoth (http://www.wesnoth.org/) - If you enjoyed FfH, you might want to give this fantasy strategy game a go.

HOMM V. I'm surprised at some of the negative reviews, it is really good! (It may be a case of playing the game after all of the patches are out).

Best wishes,

Breunor

I enjoy playing HOMM V as well from time to time. Sadly it is terrible one-sided and multiplayer requires massive amounts of meta-rules (annoying ...).

Besides that I play League of Legends alot which continues my three years of playing DotA :)

I enjoy playing HOMM V as well from time to time. Sadly it is terrible one-sided and multiplayer requires massive amounts of meta-rules (annoying ...).

Besides that I play League of Legends alot which continues my three years of playing DotA :)

I'm not sure it is so one-sided, I'm having trouble beating the AI!

Best wishes,

Breunor

I recent bought myself the Prince of Persia trilogy (Sands of Time, Warrior Within & Two Thrones) on a crazy special. Liking the first one the most, except for the combat. Spending anywhere up to an hour killing the same few guys over and over again is just plain stupid.

I finished the Force Unleashed 2 in a weekend (yay, not even 10 hours of gameplay), but now that Force Unleashed 1 is at a decent price (i.e. actually less than its sequel :/) I might grab that. I hear its much better...

* Race for the Galaxy (http://keldon.net/rftg/) - An excellent conversion of the best selling card game. Great five minute time killer.

Since I'm a huge fan of the card game, I must try this. Thanks!

Currently I'm mostly playing Disgaea on PSP, but I will probably move to Fallout New Vegas or The Void soon, since I don't plan to grind to level 9999 to finish most of the post-game content.

I have Disgaea, but since I had a bit of fun leveling units and items the storyline missions are trivial and thus tiresome. Probably doesn't help that I feel a bit the same about the story itself, though it does have funny moments.

I'm afraid to start that game; when I first played EUII, I was reported missing for 2 years ....

Well, this is worse. It is on its third expansion and the 4th is coming out soon. I started playing it after the second one, and the change to the third felt like a new game. It is polished, addictive and a lot of fun.

I have Disgaea, but since I had a bit of fun leveling units and items the storyline missions are trivial and thus tiresome. Probably doesn't help that I feel a bit the same about the story itself, though it does have funny moments.

You need to try and find of the other endings. I love the script in disgaea:

Etna : Oh, Prince<3 I got a job for ya.

Laharl : Call me "Your Highness". I'm the Overlord now.

Etna : Aww, come on... That's a minor detail.

Laharl : MINOR detail...?
...So, what kind of job is it?
You want me to make it rain pepper on Earth so they can't stop
sneezing?
Or, do you want me to give human kids an addictive video game that will
deprive them of their sleep?

The "Etna Trailers" at the end of each chapter were awesome. Though I didn't really like the direction the plot took when all those space heroes guys appeared, I liked the whole "Demons VS Angels" cliché better.

I feel the same about the storyline missions, Nikis. The game is labeled as a "Tactical RPG" but the most effective tactic in this game is to take an overpowered unit and slaughter everyone. I solo'd most of the battles with Laharl, who had like 10 times more levels than everyone else :x

Oh yeah, I also picked up the Age of Wonders series recently. Anyone play them before? What do you think?

I prefer HoMM to Age of Wonders. But I like both

Age of wonders 1 was incredible!
Age of wonders 2 was (at least early versions, dont know if they changed it later) unbalanced in my opinion

Top Bottom